Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 7/22 - Demi and the Maryvale Kids Steal the Spotlight Again

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
File in the under the radar category, but Nathan Orf looks like he could be a much more interesting bench option than Sardinas or Gomez for next year .271/.370/.376 as a righty and a lot of flexibility on the IF, so he can be more than just a platoon mate for Gennett. Sardinas is still only 22 and Rivera 23, so to me it makes some sense to let them try and get more ABs in AAA to develop their bats. Glad to see Gatewood continue to show the power in games should start to lead to an increased walk total as guys try to work around him. I will be very curious to see were Demi and Lara rank nationally by the end of the season.

Thanks for bringing that up as I didn't realize how much they were moving him around this year as he only played second base last year. Still playing second the vast majority of the time but has played every position this year including pitcher.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Was any light ever shed as to why Demi fell to the middle of the 4th round? Everything I remember reading on him pre-draft indicated 1st or 2nd.

I remember reading and thinking the same. But it also seems that ~200 players have that same 1st/2nd round pre-draft ranking.

Hopefully, he keep this up to make him a real draft steal! :)

He's a tough one to stay impartial with... or at least I'm already struggling.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Normally this would wait but since it stopped me in my tracks as I was working on a project I thought I'd bounce back to post. Ponce just hit 97 on the stadium gun in Cedar Rapids, is Colby at Perfect Game Field today I wonder?

That's very exciting.

That is very exciting, and while I wish I would have been there to see it I no longer reside in the Cedar Rapids area. I too hope to get up to see Ponce (and Williams) in the next few weeks, although I'm not so sure that's going to happen. That staff really is a lot of fun to follow.

Also, the gun at PG field can be 2 mph fast at times from what their GM told me a few years back. They may have replaced it, but usually minor league field radar guns are painfully unreliable anyway. That said, 97 no matter how fast/slow is still very impressive.

Archived