Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 7/22 - Demi and the Maryvale Kids Steal the Spotlight Again

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Wednesday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Colorado Springs: RHP Josh Roenicke at home vs. Nashville (Athletics), 1:05 PM pre-game, 1:35 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

We welcome Dan Karcher, who is the longtime play-by-play voice of the Sky Sox; follow him on Twitter @SkySoxKarch

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Colorado Springs games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $49.99 season-long package ($12.99 to pay for a single month). The audio feed is from the home team. The video of each game is archived online, which is a nice feature. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

NOTE: Notice that on MiLB.TV's page, you can click on "Filter", then "Milwaukee Brewers", and you'll see just the Crew's organizational TV lineup.

Biloxi: RHP Johnny Hellweg at Pensacola (Reds), 6:20 PM pre-game, 6:35 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

We also welcome Chris Harris as the very first play-by-play voice of the Shuckers! Follow Chris on Twitter @CHarris731. We'll be linking to his fantastic "Shuck Dynasty" blog. All games, home and away, are scheduled to be radio broadcast.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the ten Southern League teams telecast their home games, and Biloxi is among them!

NOTE: Pensacola does provide MiLB.TV coverage for this series (Blue Wahoos' feed, naturally)

Brevard County: LHP Wei-Chung Wang at St. Lucie (Mets), 5:00 PM pre-game, 5:30 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Dave Walkovic returns as the play-by-play voice of the 'Tees; follow the Brevard broadcast booth staff on Twitter @BCManateesRadio, as all home games and the "commuter" road games are scheduled to be broadcast in 2015.

No Florida State League games are available via MiLB.TV.

Wisconsin: RHP David Burkhalter at Cedar Rapids (Twins), 11:45 AM pre-game, 12:05 PM gametime; expect RHP Cody Ponce to pitch in a tandem role

Free Live Audio Link - WNAM

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

NOTE: Forty-two (!) of the Rattlers' 70 home games will be broadcast on TV this season. Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (9) and WACY-TV My NEW32 (34) will split duties. We'll let you know when and who, and remember to refer to the Rattlers' full TV schedule (scroll to bottom of link) so you can coordinate your DVR activity.

So, for the $49.95 season-long package, fans in Brewer Nation can watch all Sky Sox games, most Shuckers games, and all Timber Rattlers home games and some road games.

NOTE: This series at Kane County is available via MiLB.TV (Cougars' feed).

Helena: RHP Marcos Diplan at Missoula (Diamondbacks), 7:45 PM pre-game, 8:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

We welcome back and again look forward to hearing second-year Voice of the H-Crew Dustin Daniel (@dustin__daniel on Twitter).

MiLB.TV -- When the H-Crew makes their way to Idaho Falls in August, those games will be available to watch online.

Arizona Rookie (Maryvale): at the Dodgers' complex in Glendale, 9:00 PM gametime; never audio for games in this league

DSL Brewers: at the DSL Marlins, 9:30 AM, although game data won't be available until later in the day

We'll link to this Dominican Summer League Brewers' thread as part of the Daily Menu all season to assist you with your familiarity with these young men.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Look for these just prior to the respective game times --

Colorado Springs Media Notes - Home games only, it's a unique link each day, but look for it under the "Multimedia" banner on the Sky Sox' site.

Biloxi Media Notes - Linked on the Shuck Dynasty blog

Brevard County Media Notes - It's a unique link each day, but look for it under the "Multimedia" banner on the Manatees' site.

Wisconsin Media Notes - Linked on the Rattler Radio blog

STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League South Division

High-A - Florida State League North Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Pioneer League North Division

Arizona League Central Division

Dominican Summer League San Pedro de Macoris

Sortable individual stat pages:

Colorado Springs

Biloxi

Brevard County

Wisconsin

Helena

Maryvale

DSL Brewers

Weather.com:

Colorado Springs, CO

Pensacola, FL

Port St. Lucie, FL

Cedar Rapids, IA

Missoula, MT

Glendale, AZ

San Pedro de Macoris, DR

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Wisconsin Media Notes - Linked on the Rattler Radio blog

Includes Tuesday's pregame Interview w/Matt Erickson (Discussing: Injuries to Brandon Diaz, Dustin DeMuth, Francisco Castillo, Zach Cooper, and Josh Uhen; and the plan for Nathan Kirby)

By the way, there's a trove of injury details in that interview -- do listen in for the six minutes if you can; if our Timber Rattlers guru TheCrew07 isn't able to bullet-point the list later tonight, I'll do so by Thursday.

And no, there's no rhyme nor reason as to when injuries are discussed so openly in the organization, and when they're not. Our thanks to Matt Erickson (via Chris Mehring) for these updates.

Has anyone looked at Burkhalters last 10 stats or his month to month splits? He may be one to watch pretty soon!

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t572&player_id=657200#/career/R/pitching/2015/ALL

2016 Brevard County Rotation in a pitcher friendly league and park

Kirby

Ponce

Mederois

Burkhalter

Ventura

Love it!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Dustin DeMuth - Done for the year with a spiral fracture in his hand as noted in the Transaction Thread earlier this week.

Francisco Castillo - Fractured the thumb on his glove hand and has remained with the team working hard, he's very close to returning.

Brandon Diaz - As noted in Monday's LR Diaz was hit by a pitch and then tagged hard on the hip after his steal of 2nd. Diaz is day to day.

Zach Cooper - Elbow soreness, could be down for an extended period of time.

Josh Uhen - Elbow soreness, will be activated during the upcoming home stand. Diehards will remember Uhen already had TJ surgery in college.

Nathan Kirby - Has joined the team but is not active, he will not pitch for the Rattlers prior to August 1st.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Normally this would wait but since it stopped me in my tracks as I was working on a project I thought I'd bounce back to post. Ponce just hit 97 on the stadium gun in Cedar Rapids, is Colby at Perfect Game Field today I wonder?

That's very exciting.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I apology for leading the jinx charge on Burkhalter today.... Ha but does anyone has an updated scouting report on him?

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I apology for leading the jinx charge on Burkhalter today.... Ha but does anyone has an updated scouting report on him?

I've literally been talking about him since May.

Upper 80s FB, nothing special there, could maybe project to the low 90s if we're fortunate.

He's got the makings of a decent curve though at this point it's still a big and loopy high school curve with a 12-6 break, all the way down in the upper 60s - low 70s. It breaks head to knees because it's so slow and when he's good he generally locates it for strikes, if he's not dropping it for a strike hitters sit FB and hurt him bad.

With some velocity gains and tightening of the curve into a true hammer he could be something, of course a 3rd pitch would help as well.

It's way too early to guess where he ultimately slots though I do like him better than Zach Quintana from last year's T-Rat squad even though Zach peaked out 4 MPH faster with his FB.

- Plato

- Plato

Rattlers fight back, but come up short against Kernels

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/7/4/6/138032746/cuts/7_July22_Linehan_Rizzo_Ponce_0iwahklg_2satqxvp.jpg

Tyler Linehan, Gian Rizzo, & Cody Ponce combined to toss 4-2/3 scoreless innings of relief on Wednesday afternoon at Cedar Rapids. (Wisconsin Timber Rattlers/Ann Mollica)

CEDAR RAPIDS, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels scored five times in the bottom of the third inning to put the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers in an early hole on Wednesday afternoon at Perfect Game Field. Wisconsin clawed their way back to within a run and had a chance to tie the game in the ninth, but the Kernels held on for a 5-4 victory.

Cedar Rapids (56-41 overall, 15-12 second half) loaded the bases against starter David Burkhalter on an infield single, a bunt single, and a walk with no outs in the bottom of the third. Then, Edgar Corcino lined a triple to right-center and all three runners scored for a 3-0 lead. One out later, Tyler Kuresa singled through the drawn-in infield to knock in Corcino. Later in the inning, Alex Real knocked in Kuresa with a ground out and the Kernels were up 5-0.

Luis Aviles got the Timber Rattlers (31-65, 8-18) on the board with a two-out solo home run in the top of the fifth.

Wisconsin crept closer in the sixth with a rally against Kernels starting pitcher Ethan Mildren . Blake Allemand drew a leadoff walk and Alan Sharkey followed with a single to put runners on the corners. Carlos Leal singled to right. That scored Allemand and sent Sharkey around to third base. Elvis Rubio hit a slow roller for a 6-3 putout that scored Sharkey and moved Leal to second base. Tucker Neuhaus drew a walk and that knocked Mildren out of the game.

Yorman Landa took over and got the final two outs of the sixth inning and would pitch a scoreless seventh and a scoreless eighth to keep the 5-3 lead intact for the Kernels.

Wisconsin's bullpen tossed 4-2/3 scoreless innings in relief of Burkhalter. Tyler Linehan (1.2IP), Gian Rizzo (1IP), and Cody Ponce (2IP) allowed one hit, walked none, and struck out three to give the offense a chance to pull off a comeback. That comeback almost happened.

Cam Booser took over for Landa in the top of the ninth and would walk Gregory Munoz and Allemand with one out. Then, Booser threw two wild pitches with Sharkey at the plate. The second pitch to the screen allowed Munoz to score and Allemand to take third as the tying run. But, Booser regrouped and got a popup and a strikeout to end the game.

Allemand went 1-for 2, but was on base four times on Wednesday. He walked twice, singled, and was hit by a pitch. Leal had a two-hit game for Wisconsin, his 21st multi-hit game of the season. However, it wasn't enough and Cedar Rapids is now 13-1 in fourteen games against the Timber Rattlers this season.

Game three of the series is Thursday night at Perfect Game Field. Eric Hanhold (0-1, 9.00) will get the start for the Timber Rattlers. Zach Tillery (5-4, 2.67) is the scheduled starting pitcher for the Kernels. Game time is 6:35pm.

The radio broadcast is on AM1280, WNAM starting with the Miller Lite Pregame Show at 6:15pm. The broadcast may also be heard on Tune In Radio and IHeartRadio.

HOME RUN:

WIS:

Luis Aviles (1st, 0 on in 5th inning off Ethan Mildren, 2 outs)

WP: Ethan Mildren (3-1)

LP: David Burkhalter (3-6)

SAVE: Cam Booser (9)

TIME: 2:35

ATTN: 3,017

Wisconsin Boxscore

I didn't pickup the game until top of the 6th so I missed everything David Burkhalter did and/or didn't do. Gian Rizzo has been on a hot streak, only allowing 2 of his own runs in his last 10 appearances. I'm excited to see Cody Ponce (hopefully) on the next home stand. My plan is to get every game and get as many pitchers on the gun as I can since my schedule is as free as it will be all summer. Oh, for those aren't aware, the stadium gun is regularly 1-3 MPH slow at Neuroscience Group Field for whatever reason and has been that way for years. It's nice when you have both sets of pitchers with their pro stalker IIs and my sport 2 to compare against the stadium gun.

Carlos Leal (2-5) had the only multi-hit game but struck out in his other 3 appearances including to cap the game. I haven't been doing in-depth statistical analysis this year on a regular basis (time issues) so I looked up Leal's overall line and his walk rate is a tad low (17 total walks) and his strike out rate is a tad high (57 total) in 225 ABs. Hard to complain about a .799 OPS out of no where though.

Wisconsin Recap

- Plato

- Plato

Has anyone looked at Burkhalters last 10 stats or his month to month splits? He may be one to watch pretty soon!

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t572&player_id=657200#/career/R/pitching/2015/ALL

2016 Brevard County Rotation in a pitcher friendly league and park

Kirby

Ponce

Mederois

Burkhalter

Ventura

Love it!

I think it's unlikely that all of Medeiros, Burkhalter and Ventura get promoted to A+ at the start of next year. Sneed is likely to start at A+ next year after being pushed up this year. I could see Wang back also. Woodruff has not exactly screamed promotion either although he might be a guy, like Magnifico, that is really targeted toward the bullpen. Hirsch is another guy who was promoted from the T-Rats this year who might be a starter next year. Also, AA guys might not get promoted who otherwise deserve it because they want to save them from Colorado Springs prison. That could prevent someone like Salas form moving up.

Archived