Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tuesday 7/21 - Monte Harrison Suffers Serious Leg/Ankle Injury

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: AZL Brewers 6, AZL Dodgers 5

Maryvale Box Score

A-Crew scored two in the 6th to take the lead, then held on for the win.

As noted earlier in the thread, Texas HS 3rd round RHP Nash Walters had a tough go of things, walking six in an inning + of work.

But just call up undrafted RHP Alex Farina to the big club right now. He limited Walter's damage, and then tossed three scoreless (click that player link to see his amazing season thus far). Another non-drafted find, RHP Aaron Myers, tossed two scoreless for the save.

Maryvale Game Log

2014 Dominican Summer League batting champ Joantgel Segovia was 4-for-4 with a walk and is now 5th in average in the Arizona League.

More goodness --

HR: Orimoloye, D (3, 5th inning off Ramirez, O, 2 on, 1 out).

And the cherry on top:

Triple Play: (Leonardo-Lara, G-Perry-Wallace).

AZL Dodgers Top of the 4th

Pitching Change: Nash Walters replaces Scott Grist.

Jared Walker walks.

With Carlos Aquino batting, Jared Walker steals (7) 2nd base.

With Carlos Aquino batting, wild pitch by Nash Walters, Jared Walker to 3rd.

Carlos Aquino walks.

Moises Perez walks. Carlos Aquino to 2nd.

With Federico Giordani batting, wild pitch by Nash Walters, Jared Walker scores. Carlos Aquino to 3rd. Moises Perez to 2nd.

Federico Giordani walks.

Jordan Tarsovich grounds into a triple play, second baseman Daniel Leonardo to shortstop Gilbert Lara to first baseman Tyrone Perry to catcher Beau Wallace to shortstop Gilbert Lara to first baseman Tyrone Perry. Carlos Aquino scores. Moises Perez out at home. Federico Giordani out at 2nd.

I am just going to extrapolate Demi Orimoloye's batting line of 15 games/64 at bats in rookie ball and pretend he will do the same thing in the majors and have a majors line of 30 home runs and 100 steals since he has 3 HR's and 10 steals right now. Of course he would also have the unusual line of 0 walks and 190 strikeouts over the course of the season as well, but hey, take the good with the bad.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Nashville and Wisconsin matinees today, look for an early Wednesday Link Report (opposite the big league matinee, though).

Well, it took until July 22nd, but I finally made that mistake, although technically it doesn't count since Colorado Springs is playing Nashville.

VIDEO via WLOX: Here's more highlights from the Biloxi win to cap things off this AM....

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Nashville and Wisconsin matinees today, look for an early Wednesday Link Report (opposite the big league matinee, though).

Well, it took until July 22nd, but I finally made that mistake, although technically it doesn't count since Colorado Springs is playing Nashville.

VIDEO via WLOX: Here's more highlights from the Biloxi win to cap things off this AM....

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

I'm at least glad that Harrison was able to get a few weeks of really hitting well before getting hurt. I would imagine at this point that he is probably done for the season. Hopefully that was enough for him to start at Low A again next year and succeed.

Archived