Brewer Fanatic

2015-07-19 Pirates (Locke) at Brewers (Jungmann), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/pirates.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 19 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Pirates (53-37)

Brewers (40-52)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]pirates-2015_locke-jeff2.jpgbrewers-2015_jungmann-taylor9.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jeff Locke[/pitcher][h2]5-5, 4.03 ERA, 1.42 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]The lefty, who in the past has flamed out after good starts, is trying something different. He has an ERA of 1.59 in his last six starts compared to 5.37 up to that point. Confidence in all of his pitches has played a major role.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]4-1, 2.15 ERA, 1.00 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]Jungmann will take the mound for Milwaukee in the series finale on Sunday at Miller Park. The right-hander made his first career start against the Pirates back on June 9, when he held Pittsburgh to one run on three hits over seven innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Gregory Polanco (L)
  2. 2B Neil Walker (S)
  3. CF Starling Marté ®
  4. 3B Jung Ho Kang ®
  5. 1B Travis Ishikawa (L)
  6. C Francisco Cervelli ®
  7. LF Jaff Decker (L)
  8. SS Jordy Mercer ®
  9. LHP Jeff Locke (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jean Segura ®
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  5. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  6. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  7. LF Khris Davis ®
  8. 2B Hernán Pérez ®
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Pirates are 19-61 at miller park since 2004

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Who would be the Brewers #5 pitcher if Lohse and Garza are traded, dropped, or demoted after July 31? I would like to see anybody but them in the rotation. This team is becoming surprisingly exciting to watch.

Jungmann is looking like an ace or a good #2. I have to keep telling myself it wont last. But then he just keeps on going out and shutting down good clubs.

Who would be the Brewers #5 pitcher if Lohse and Garza are traded, dropped, or demoted after July 31? I would like to see anybody but them in the rotation. This team is becoming surprisingly exciting to watch.

Jungmann is looking like an ace or a good #2. I have to keep telling myself it wont last. But then he just keeps on going out and shutting down good clubs.

The Pirates may be good but their lineup today was complete garbage. Two players with OBP's over .350 and Neil Walker had the second highest SLG% in the lineup at .410.

It's amazing that had this team even played even slightly under .500 ball through the first two months of the season, they'd easily be in Wild Card contention right now. Maybe it's for the best they tanked given the fools gold this roster has shown us before, but hey, if the make some moves and the young guys keep playing well, more power to them.

There would be a riot if they moved Jungmann down now. The guys has been our best starting pitcher since CC and Zack.

This start was important since it was against a hot team that was facing him for the second time.

I remain skeptical since he was so bleh in the minors but they does appear to be legitimate a number 2 starter in this league, even with a fall from this level.

Archived