Brewer Fanatic

2015-07-18 Pirates (Worley) at Brewers (Nelson), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/pirates.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 18 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Pirates (53-36)

Brewers (39-52)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]pirates-2015_worley-vance3.jpgbrewers-2015_nelson-jimmy7.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Vance Worley[/pitcher][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Worley is a game-time replacement for scheduled starter Francisco Liriano, who's sitting out with a stiff neck.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]6-9, 4.21 ERA, 1.29 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]A loss in Nelson’s final first half start snapped his three game win streak, but it might have been his best outing of the year. He didn’t allow a hit until the sixth inning and lost on three unearned runs in the seventh.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Gregory Polanco (L)
  2. 2B Neil Walker (S)
  3. CF Andrew McCutchen ®
  4. LF Starling Marté ®
  5. 3B Jung Ho Kang ®
  6. 1B Pedro Álvarez (L)
  7. C Francisco Cervelli ®
  8. SS Jordy Mercer ®
  9. RHP Vance Worley ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  2. 1B Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Umpire is horrendous. Cervelli dropped it but that was right down the middle just above the knees and called a ball.

Not the first time I have seen that. Rarely do you get a call if you drop it like that.

Verified Member
Umpire is horrendous. Cervelli dropped it but that was right down the middle just above the knees and called a ball.

Not the first time I have seen that. Rarely do you get a call if you drop it like that.

And while it is not in the rulebook, I would have no problem with the rule if it read that the catcher needed to actually catch the ball for a pitch to be called a strike.

Seems like the brew crew have been playing pretty good lately. I guess in the second half they will be greatly improve, providing more entertaining play, while also playing themselves out of a top draft pick. As long as Logse and Garza are in the rotation the team has significant limitations.

I really don't mind if the Brewers play themselves out of a top pick because they should have never been in such a situation. They aren't that bad so I don't know why everyone is so concerned with them ending up with a pick outside the Top 5.

I just think it would be a nice to have a top 5 pick and good for their future as these picks seem to have a much higher likelihood of success than say, pick #12.

That doesn't mean I won't root for them to win. I will enjoy watching an improved team. In fact that is what will keep me watching.

I really don't mind if the Brewers play themselves out of a top pick because they should have never been in such a situation. They aren't that bad so I don't know why everyone is so concerned with them ending up with a pick outside the Top 5.

Better prospects and more pool money to play with both in the college/high school and international part.

Plus, this is what they did last time. Start out horribly, look like they're in the running for a top 3-5 pick. Play their way out of it and end up picking 11-15 and then think because they played okay towards the end of the year that they don't need major retooling.

Gennett in a potential kill shot vs a lefty plus Braun having no idea what he is doing equals why the Brewers are not a good team.

Frustrating because they have some life in them since Parra moved to lead off and Jungmann turned into Tom Seaver jr.

I have no idea what to make out of this team top to bottom.

Archived