Brewer Fanatic

"Huge Interest" in Orlando Arcia

The Brewers would be completely insane to trade Arcia, short of receiving a Sano type player, but...

Arcia himself is also drawing a huge amount of trade interest, and the Padres have called to express interest. One NL exec called him the best player he’s seen in the minors this year, while another comped him to Francisco Lindor, but said Arcia is better.

I guess you never know.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers would be completely insane to trade Arcia, short of receiving a Sano type player, but...

Arcia himself is also drawing a huge amount of trade interest, and the Padres have called to express interest. One NL exec called him the best player he’s seen in the minors this year, while another comped him to Francisco Lindor, but said Arcia is better.

I guess you never know.

If that's true, I think we need a huge return, correct? Giolito/Taylor from Nationals? Or is that not enough?

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Not enough. Arcia is on is way to a top 5 end of the year ranking. Maybe we get Russell and Scwarber. Something like that.

If we could get back two potential future aces I'd consider it.

But that said, if Arcia adds some power he will be one of the top 2 or 3 prospects in the game by the All-star breakc next year.

The Heyman article here, http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25243415/inside-baseball-dodgers-aim-for-cueto-or-hamels-rangers-in-on-cole-too-plus-more-trade-buzz, says that Arcia is the best prospect he's seen this year.

I saw Arcia a month ago and I completely agree.

He's got incredible quick wrists which allows him to foul off tuff pitches, and excellent plate discipline for a 19 year old.

Thats why he is dominating AA at that age.

The only way trade him is for top flight pitching.

If they trade Arcia, I will be done. They traded Hardy to make room for Escobar, which was good....then they traded Escobar to make room for.........Yuni B, which was stupid......I'd rather keep Arcia, Sardinas, and Segura, and put one at short, one at second and then you have a strong middle infield for years to come. Granted, Arcia is their best trading chip right now, because they've got mediocre MLB players that aren't even playing on a mediocre level. So, there's that.

Personally I wouldn't do it; but say the Brewers think Yadiel Rivera is good enough to be an every day SS (At least as good as Segura). Would it be worth it to trade Arcia for a highly touted 3rd basemen, 1st basemen, or SP where the Brewers have a bit of a prospect gap? Say for Joey Gallo, Giolito, or Schwarber? I sure as heck would have to at least think about it.

http://i0.wp.com/www.dailycal.org/assets/uploads/2013/10/haha-good-one-gif.gif

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Only way Brewers trade Arcia is if someone offers them a comparable elite prospect(Urias, Giolato) plus more. I can't really see them trading him for another offensive prospect unless it is an amazing talent.

It isn't that crazy to trade him if they are getting a future ace plus more value.

If they trade Arcia for anything less than an insanely amazing return, I will be done as a Brewer fan until Melvin and the rest of the front office are gone and Mark A sells the team
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Right now there are 3 prospects Id trade him for corey seager, julio urias or lucas giolito. That is it. No reason to trade him for anything else. Ace level pitcher or super stud 3b (dont think seager stays at short and 3b is more of a need for mil).

So much negative attitude when Arcia could nab us one of the best up and coming pitchers in the game. Seeing most Brewers fans complain about never having a cheap ace that is a bit surprising. I would think people would welcome such an idea. What is so bad about trading one high risk asset for another high risk asset? Sure Arcia is a great piece, but so would the player(s) in return. Arcia could easily flame out and never be much.

The Brewers would be stupid not to listen to offers that include elite pitching prospects. Some of you are acting like they are looking for MLB talent...I seriously doubt that is the case unless it features some really good controllable players. If teams are calling about Arcia they are most likely competing and looking to trade prospects. Those teams want to put him on their MLB roster and take over at SS.

I would be open to a potential ace. My concern is San Diego is the one expressing interest. There is no package from them that would make me happy.

I am sure the Padres have asked...but huge interest means every team looking for a SS has probably asked.

He is a top 8 and plays a premium position with a lot of cheap control.

I'd want a minimum of 3 top 50's with one being a top 10. I can't imagine anyone giving the Brewer a compelling enough package.

Verified Member

To San Diego:

SS Orlando Arcia (MIL)

2B/3B Hector Olivera (LAD)

To Los Angeles:

RHP Tyson Ross (SDP)

RHP Matt Garza (MIL)

RHP Francisco Rodriguez (MIL)

To Milwaukee:

LHP Julio Urias (LAD)

C Austin Hedges (SDP)

Honestly, I would assume there is huge interest in any elite prospect.

I wouldn't say that is totally true. The interest level is fueled by a couple things. One being whether the prospect is MLB ready and if a team thinks that can help right away. The other thing is the odds a team would trade such a player. If you are dying for an ace there is no way you trade away a Syndergaard etc., but if you already have a strong pitching staff in the majors/minors that is someone you could expend if it returned am elite hitting prospect.

It becomes interesting in the Brewers case because they develope hitters very well, they have some depth at SS, and can't develop an elite pitcher to save their lives. This is a situation where the dominos could fall for such a trade to happen.

The difference between this and the "everyone is interested in Trout" is the fact teams are probably more serious on getting Arcia and see it as realistic. Obviously everyone wants Trout, but it is never going to happen.

The Dodgers just hung up.

I'm in denial about how bad Garza is. Maybe replace him with Peralta.

I'd also think that Friedman understands that Ross is a decent pitcher that has insane Petco Field splits over his career. Peralta is a nice back-end f the rotation guy with upside. The Dodgers would want a lot more than that. I think they're fine just finding scrap-heap guys for their rotation like Friedman does until they find a blockbuster for another ace.

Archived