Brewer Fanatic

What are you looking for in the second half?

CheezWizHed

Ramirez to go on a tear the next two weeks and get traded, or packaged with another player (Parra, Cotts, Lohse, K-Rod, etc.), for legitimate talent.

Lohse to find his groove over the next month so that he gets traded for some type of prospect. Minor injuries to contender's starting pitching (nothing career ending, just stuff that keeps them out for 4-6 weeks like a pulled hammy or the famous intercostal strain) that forces them to acquire Lohse out of necessity. He'll likely pass through waivers so the Brewers can still trade him in August, and if he doesn't pass waivers, let that team take him and his salary.

Parra, Cotts, and K-Rod to get moved sooner rather than later since they are hot.

I want the Brewers to be competitive, but I wouldn't mind if they lost a lot of games by one run and got their wins in blowouts to pad the stats of the hitters.

Let the youngsters take over in September.

Get a MLB ready,young, hard throwing starter and another young Top 100 prospect hitter without giving up Lucroy (Gomez/Segura/Lind/Parra/Krod/Jeffress).

Trade every player with less than a year on a contract (Ramirez, Cotts, Broxton, Lohse, Parra), whether in July or August, for high ceiling guys, even if at A ball. Eat the salary for the prospects.

Play the young guys, especially Pederson, Sardinas, and Gennett, every day.

Give Braun and Lucroy many days off.

Give Peralta and Nelson September off.

Keep Arcia in the minors until next May or June.

I'm looking for them to win out in July and be at .500 heading into August. Maybe a few minor trades (moving Parra, Cotts, Ramirez, Lohse/Garza) but keeping the core together and going after it in the second half with a very young pitching staff. I then see said young pitching staff to run out of gas in late September and miss out on the playoffs but giving us hope for the future!

Shouldn't this be in the optimism thread?

What is wrong with wanting to see wins? If they really did win out in July that means a rebuild might be expedited and we may not need a tear down (IE - Cravy, Jungmann, etc are going to be legit MLB pitchers), and that the debbie downers who are all over this forum may have underestimated our farm system after all. Maybe Gomez, Lucroy, Segura, Parra would be able to stay here. Is it really that bad a thing to watch Carlos Gomez?

Don't misunderstand me, I do think we do need to make a few trades (Gomez, Parra or Khris, maybe Lucroy), but there's more than one avenue to running a team. One of the avenues is keeping our assets. All the negativity on this website sucks. They aren't getting a top 5 pick unless they completely tank it...and I don't see it happening so why get worked up over it? These young guys coming up are all playing too well to beat out the Phillies, etc.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If they really did win out in July that means a rebuild might be expedited and we may not need a tear down (IE - Cravy, Jungmann, etc are going to be legit MLB pitchers), and that the debbie downers who are all over this forum may have underestimated our farm system after all.

Take that, you cynics.

Sorry, I thought winning 15 consecutive and getting in the playoff chase was being irrationally optimistic and he was joking. Like several posts in the optimist thread.

Nothing wrong with want to see them win as much as possible, totally legit to me. I've enjoyed them playing generally well the last two months or so. Beats the heck out of what April was like

Watching Nelson, Peralta and Jungmann pitch.

Secure a top 5 pick in 2016 draft.

Trade a few pieces for some decent minor leaguers to put in our system.

Watch Braun continue to hit well.

Enjoy going to Miller Park and just being at the ballpark as summer will be over soon and winter will arrive. Ugh.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

It would honestly be awesome if they traded players and kept winning. top 20 pick here we come! Trade us your competitive round picks, too!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm looking for them to win out in July and be at .500 heading into August. Maybe a few minor trades (moving Parra, Cotts, Ramirez, Lohse/Garza) but keeping the core together and going after it in the second half with a very young pitching staff. I then see said young pitching staff to run out of gas in late September and miss out on the playoffs but giving us hope for the future!

12 more to go!!!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What am I looking for in the second half...

Looking for trades, obviously. Ramirez, lohse, lind, parra, Krod, Cotts, broxton (though he and lohse might now be worth anything).

Im looking for Matt Domingez, Matt Clark, and Jason Rogers to man the corners in milwaukee for the rest of the season and hopefully 1 maybe 2 of the 3 stands out! A great second half run could make any of the 3 a nice tradable asset for the offseason.

I am looking for Perez to get regular ABs, I see a ton of potential there, I think people dont realize he was a top 100 type prospect that never got consistent ABs and thats why the brewers claimed him when they did.

I am looking for Segura to find his power stroke again. His numbers in the minors and his first season in milwaukee say that he should be a 15+ homer SS. I think thats that tradable potential that is talked about in a lot of these trade rumors.

I am also looking for the brewer to find a way to give Tyler Thornburg the chance to start in the bigs that he has earned.

I am looking for Willy Peralta to get healthy, get in the rotation, and take that step foward to a front of the rotation starter that i was hoping for coming into the season. Im not talking ACE, but solid number 2, and he has the stuff, the build, and hes steadily learning to pitch. so, id like to see him take that step forward.

I am looking, hoping, praying, for Taylor Jungmann to just keep doing what hes been doing... Amazing... He actually is show ace potential, I know thats crazy, but thats the way his stuff has played so far, totally unexpected based on his minors numbers and scouting report, but hes clearly not the same guy as in those reports.

I am looking for Jimmy Nelson to take a step as well. It seems like that step is just consistency and being able to overcome adversity/bad breaks (which is common for young pitchers). As far as stuff? its already elite, the kid has three plus pitches, he could be an ace in this league. Argue this all you want, but this guys 3 pitch mix is absolutely nasty and he could dominate as he increases his pitchability.

I am also looking for mike fiers to finish strong and i think hes a candidate to get traded this off-season. If he finishes strong he could bring back some nice pieces.

thats all... not asking too much right!

I am A-OK if they dont trade Lind. I enjoy having a 1B who can hit regularly!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

1.) Id like our 4 young homegrown starters to finish strong.

2.) Trades of Lohse, ARam, KRod, to net at least two B level prospects

3.) Gomez trade to land one A level and one B level prospect

4.) Parra trade to land two B/B- level prospects

5.) Spoil the Cubs and Cardinals season

6.) Top 5 draft pick

I am A-OK if they dont trade Lind. I enjoy having a 1B who can hit regularly!

And with an option for next year you don't have to trade him I guess. Though I don't think his value will be higher than it is now. Of the guys that can get a solid return Parra is the only absolute must trade, the rest can wait, put Davis back in LF and keep this run going and win the WS. Too bad NL lost the ASG for home field.

Really though I think Parra and Lind should go now, value won't be higher. Maybe play Ramirez at 1B some to finish the year and let the Sardinas/Perez get ABs at 3B. Gomez is starting to look like himself, if you get a great deal you kind of have to take it.

trade Ramirez to a playoff team. Pirates need a 3B option now that Kang is moving to SS with Mercer out. Dont move him to a positions he's never played.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

trade Ramirez to a playoff team. Pirates need a 3B option now that Kang is moving to SS with Mercer out. Dont move him to a positions he's never played.

This is the best use of ARam by far. He should net a nice return.

Yeah, I'd like to see Lind traded ASAP. It's been great to see him mash, since we haven't had a 1B that can hit the last few years, but we need to sell high on this guy. Since this is the "what do you want to see in the 2nd half" thread...... I want to see a high return on Lind, and see Rodgers or someone else get 60-70 games to get a chance to see if they can be "the guy" for 3-4 years. I don't think Rodgers is that guy, but at least lets find out. Lind WON'T be that guy, because on matter what happens, after next year, he's moving on.

This is the best use of ARam by far. He should net a nice return.

Boomerang player! End his career where it started. :)

Did anyone hear the TV announcers discussing how hard of a decision it is on who to take out of the rotation when Peralta is back? It's an absolute no-brainer, Lohse should get put in mop-up role to save others innings and in case someone else gets hurt. And of course he gives up a bomb to start today's game as I write this

Did anyone hear the TV announcers discussing how hard of a decision it is on who to take out of the rotation when Peralta is back? It's an absolute no-brainer, Lohse should get put in mop-up role to save others innings and in case someone else gets hurt. And of course he gives up a bomb to start today's game as I write this

Hard decision of bullpen vs DFA for Lohse? Or maybe the decision to bring Peralta back asap or wait until after August 1st to dump Lohse?

With Garza looking a little better and Peralta coming back, the rotation (without Lohse) should be decent the rest of the way.

• 1 month later...

Archived