• Albert Pujols, Angels (26)
  • Prince Fielder, Rangers (14)
  • Kris Bryant, Cubs (12)
  • Joc Pederson, Dodgers (20)
  • Manny Machado, Orioles (19)
  • Josh Donaldson, Blue Jays (21)
  • Anthony Rizzo, Cubs (16)
  • Todd Frazier, Reds (25)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I enjoyed the new format. MUCH better than the old way.

They could still tweak it, though. How about if you use your timeout, your opponent has to come in and hit?

I would also change the distances for the bonus time. Round one, fine it can 425 ft. Round two, though, you gotta hit one 450 ft. to get the bonus time. And in the finals, 470 ft.

It was way more entertaining this year, though, that's for sure. Of course, some of that was because the home town hero won the thing. Will MLB see this and then make a "Wild Card" entrant from the host team every year to make sure they get that kind of energy in the park? Really, the rest of the derby didn't seem to have all that much energy in the park. It worked for watching it on television, but it sure sounded like the crowd was bored off their gourds when Frazier wasn't hitting (or they weren't cheering for non-home runs from his opponent.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived