Brewer Fanatic

2015-07-11 Brewers (Jungmann) at Dodgers (Beachy), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-1; Complete game for Jungmann]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 11 | 9:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (37-51)

Dodgers (50-38)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/dodgers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_jungmann-taylor12.jpgdodgers-2015_beachy-brandon.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]3-1, 2.43 ERA, 1.11 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Jungmann continues to make a case for keeping a rotation spot when the injured Wily Peralta returns. He’s coming off an eight inning outing where he allowed just one run on four hits vs. the Reds.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Brandon Beachy[/pitcher][h2]First MLB appearance of 2015[/h2][h3]Beachy MiLB.com Summary[/h3][h3]Beachy will be making his first start since 2013 with Atlanta after undergoing Tommy John surgery in March 2014. The 28 year old owns a 14-11 record with a 3.23 ERA in 46 career starts with the Braves from 2010–13.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  6. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Joc Pederson (L)
  2. 2B Howie Kendrick ®
  3. 3B Justin Turner ®
  4. 1B Adrian González (L)
  5. C Yasmani Grandal (S)
  6. RF Yasiel Puig ®
  7. LF Andre Ethier (L)
  8. SS Jimmy Rollins (S)
  9. RHP Brandon Beachy ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

MOAR Gerardo Parra dongs...he might net us a pretty nice prospect here soon.

He's heated up at the perfect time. Hopefully he can net us what we paid for him. A second rounder ish guy and an A baller with some upside. Or maybe just one very good prospect.

I love Vin

I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flack for this comment but I never got the Vin Scully love. The guy is just incredibly boring to listen to and he never says anything incredibly interesting that makes me think I would have to listen to him because I might learn something.

100 pitch complete game!!!! Love seeing these young guys, our future, looking so good!

Every time I watch him he reminds me more and more of Jared Weaver.

Not spectacular stuff, but still a low to mid 90's fastball, a funky delivery with deception, and good control

I have no idea how he had an 8.00 ERA at AAA.

It's amazing to see two young, Brewer developed pitchers throw two great games in a row. I can't remember when that happened last. Jungmann won't be able to keep this up, but if he becomes a solid above average starter long-term it's a major win for the organization.

RRR would never have allowed Jungmann to finish this out... Kudos to CC!

RRR is gone. He can't hurt you anymore.

A 7-1 lead with a low pitch count going into the 9th? I'm pretty sure RRR or any other manager would let their pitcher finish the game out and keep them in unless they allowed enough runs and base runners to bring the tying run to the plate.

So I have been waiting to ask this for the last few of his starts.... but how did Jungmann have such poor numbers in the minors? I am sure that there is still a decent chance that these first seven starts could be a fluke but he is really fun to watch and I love how he pounds the zone and works smartly on the mound.

So I have been waiting to ask this for the last few of his starts.... but how did Jungmann have such poor numbers in the minors? I am sure that there is still a decent chance that these first seven starts could be a fluke but he is really fun to watch and I love how he pounds the zone and works smartly on the mound.

Beats Me. He made a pretty darn good lineup look really bad tonight.

Was that the right call on the ground rule double? Even if it HITS the player and then leaves the park? Common sense tells me that the runner from first should be able to score on that one. If it doesn't rebound back into the stands, the runner from 1B scores easily.

Was that the right call on the ground rule double? Even if it HITS the player and then leaves the park? Common sense tells me that the runner from first should be able to score on that one. If it doesn't rebound back into the stands, the runner from 1B scores easily.

I wondered about that too. What's to stop a fielder from just pushing the ball over the fence to keep the runner at third or the batter from getting there? Here are the rules, which don't say anything about whether the deflection is intentional or not:

[5.05 - A batter becomes a runner when - ]

(8) Any bounding fair ball is deflected by the fielder into the stands, or over or under a fence on fair or foul territory, in which case the batter and all runners shall be entitled to advance two bases;

(9) Any fair fly ball is deflected by the fielder into the stands, or over the fence into foul territory, in which case the batter shall be entitled to advance to second base; but if deflected into the stands or over the fence in fair territory,

the batter shall be entitled to a home run. However,should such a fair fly be deflected at a point less than 250 feet from home plate, the batter shall be entitled to two bases only.

The ball hit the ground before it touched Ethier. It was a ground rule double, and there was no judgment call involved.

From Steve Bourbon and Adam McCalvy / MLB.com:

UNDER FURTHER REVIEW

In the third inning, the umpires called for a crew chief review to see if Braun's double was actually a home run. Braun's hit went off the wall, hit the ground and deflected off Andre Ethier's knee and into the stands. The call was confirmed as a ground-rule double, and Brewers pitcher Taylor Jungmann, who had scampered from first to home, was returned to third base.

The key to the play was that the baseball hit the ground before Ethier unintentionally deflected it over the wall. The matter is covered under Rule 5.05(a)(8):

Any bounding fair ball is deflected by the fielder into the stands, or over or under a fence on fair or foul territory, in which case the batter and all runners shall be entitled to advance two bases.

"Joe [West, the crew chief] explained it right," Brewers manager Craig Counsell said, "that it's an automatic ground-rule double and there's no judgement of where you place the runners."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Uh... is it too soon to start thinking of Taylor Jungmann as a #1 starter?

Jungmann, Peralta, Nelson... that looks like the start of a very beautiful rotation. Figure Suter competes for next year with Thornburg, Cravy... and it's hard not to feel excited.

Now, if we can just get them some run support...

Archived