Brewer Fanatic

Bill Murray is an American Hero

dlk9s
Murray, wearing a floppy hat and a blue and gold paisley shirt that was perpetually untucked, began bantering with the masses before he took his first swing.

He asked if any fans saw his beloved Cubs sweep St. Louis in a double-header Tuesday. One woman behind the ropes said she was a Cardinals fan.

“Satan’s messengers on Earth," was the way Murray described the Cardinals.

“And then it turns out your team is cheaters, too,’’ he added.

A few steps away, a boy with a Cardinals hat asked for an autograph. Murray signed, then noticed the red cap. “Are you a Cardinals fan? Get out of here. Rotten kid."

http://qctimes.com/news/local/murray-doesn-t-disappoint-in-his-first-jdc/article_9c085f45-63e6-52de-a243-83ae0ce18755.html

Haha I don't even need to see video of him saying those things because you can just picture it. Grumpy, old, and funny man.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Things like this are why I have a soft spot for Cubs fans. Any group that hates the Cardinals can't be all bad. (It also helps that I grew up with the Brewers in the AL, so it was the White Sox and their obnoxious fans that I couldn't stand).

Things like this are why I have a soft spot for Cubs fans. Any group that hates the Cardinals can't be all bad. (It also helps that I grew up with the Brewers in the AL, so it was the White Sox and their obnoxious fans that I couldn't stand).

Agreed. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Sort of. Maybe the Cub fans are our... Frenemies?

The "diehard" Cub fans that have stuck with their team during the last ten years of crappy play seem to be generally OK. They have some notable celebrity fans that are hard to dislike (Murray, Vince Vaugh & Nick Offerman). But when their team turns the corner in the next few years, there will be lot of bandwagon Cub fans that come back out of the woodwork that are some of the most insufferable fans you will encounter.

Gruber Lawffices

Agreed. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Sort of. Maybe the Cub fans are our... Frenemies?

The "diehard" Cub fans that have stuck with their team during the last ten years of crappy play seem to be generally OK. They have some notable celebrity fans that are hard to dislike (Murray, Vince Vaugh & Nick Offerman). But when their team turns the corner in the next few years, there will be lot of bandwagon Cub fans that come back out of the woodwork that are some of the most insufferable fans you will encounter.

Oh shoot it's going to be so annoying seeing those idiots travel in packs to Miller Park and starting fights.

Somehow Cubs games always ended up in my ticket package even though it was very small # of games, and I instantly grew to hate the Cubs games at Miller Park and would sell my tickets. Drunken idiot Brewer fans are bad enough but the Cubs fans were actually worse, combined it was a near disaster. In the first 3 summers we saw at least 3 fights on the way to or out of the stadium each night. The last game had a mini brawl on northeast side of the stadium after the game.

The last 2 years we had the ticket package we sold our Cubs tickets because my dad and I didn't want to drive down to deal with all the garbage that came with the opponent. The Wrigley Field north stuff really pissed me off but those games just weren't worth it for 5 hours round trip in the car, the entire experience was pretty miserable. I'm sure it didn't help that we had a weekend package, maybe it would have been different during the work week but that wasn't really an option for us.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived