Brewer Fanatic

KC in the market for an OF now?

With Gordon going down with what looks to be a serious injury, does KC become a good trade partner for us with their eyes on either Parra (most likely), Gomez or Braun (least likely)?

I would have to think a guy like Parra would be generating a lot of interest right now. Who wouldn't want a guy with his LH bat that can play good defense at all three OF positions.

Wonder if Scooter could be part of a package as well since Infante has been so bad. Agree with the comment on Rios as well, could use an upgrade at both corners. Make an offer for Parra and Gomez.

I would think (hope) that with all the teams that could really use Parra he will bring back something more than he is actually worth. KC should be interested. Rios has been terrible all year so they are really down to only one OF in Cain.

+1. We can only hope that the demand and Parra's recent play will net at least a Haniger and Banda type return.

The Giants and Royals should both be bidding him up and I wouldnt be surprised if one or two dark horses show up.

I'd want a heck of a lot more than a Haniger and Banda return.

I'll get chastised once again but look at FA last year that got QO:

Melky Cabrera and Michael Cuddyer. You guys out there telling me it's unrealistic to think Parra could be worth a QO, this winter explain how Cabrera and Cuddyer managed to get one? Bet Baltimore wishes it gave one to Markakis too in light of the deal he signed.

Parra's been better this season than either of the prior two seasons Markakis put up. Cuddyer was 35 and only played in 49 games last year and still got a QO from Colorado and they ended up getting an extra first round pick (no. 27 overall).

With that in mind, Brewers should be driving a very hard bargain. Parra's a very nice piece for a number of clubs. Make them pay your price.

I'd want a heck of a lot more than a Haniger and Banda return.

I'll get chastised once again but look at FA last year that got QO:

Melky Cabrera and Michael Cuddyer. You guys out there telling me it's unrealistic to think Parra could be worth a QO, this winter explain how Cabrera and Cuddyer managed to get one? Bet Baltimore wishes it gave one to Markakis too in light of the deal he signed.

Parra's been better this season than either of the prior two seasons Markakis put up. Cuddyer was 35 and only played in 49 games last year and still got a QO from Colorado and they ended up getting an extra first round pick (no. 27 overall).

With that in mind, Brewers should be driving a very hard bargain. Parra's a very nice piece for a number of clubs. Make them pay your price.

But you aren't addressing what happens when Parra accepts the offer. He would be crazy not to accept it and then we're paying a 4th OF $16 million. Even if he platoons with Davis, he's not worth that. And if Gomez is traded, we have a $16 million CF who shouldn't be in CF with declining defensive skills.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Gerardo Parra should net a better return than what the Brewers gave up. He is playing well now while last year he wasn't doing to hot. I think a lot of teams view him like a legit starter.

However GMs weren't born yesterday and know that this little stretch isn't very accurate of what they will get. Teams will view him like his career norms maybe slightly above. I doubt many think he is going to have some career year.

The demand for him will be the real factor on what the return is. Teams know that the Brewers have to trade him and that they can't give him a QO(and him decline it). What are you going to tell a team, "If you don't give us more we will just hold on to him and get nothing."?

Gerardo Parra should net a better return than what the Brewers gave up. He is playing well now while last year he wasn't doing to hot. I think a lot of teams view him like a legit starter.

However GMs weren't born yesterday and know that this little stretch isn't very accurate of what they will get. Teams will view him like his career norms maybe slightly above. I doubt many think he is going to have some career year.

The demand for him will be the real factor on what the return is. Teams know that the Brewers have to trade him and that they can't give him a QO(and him decline it). What are you going to tell a team, "If you don't give us more we will just hold on to him and get nothing."?

You hope you get multiple teams in for him. Team A is giving us A,B and C your X,Y,Z isnt as good. If you want him you need to give us batter players

The Twins got Tommy Milone for Sam Fuld last year around this time, and Parra is much better than Fuld. However, since the Brewers are in long-term rebuilding mode, perhaps a high-end A player makes more sense than immediate help.

Verified Member
If Kansas City is interested in Parra, I would push for RHP Scott Blewett -- second-round pick last year, age 19, having a very nice season in Class A -- and another piece.

If Kansas City is interested in Parra, I would push for RHP Scott Blewett -- second-round pick last year, age 19, having a very nice season in Class A -- and another piece.

I'd be thrilled with any of their early picks from a year ago. If we got Scott Blewett, LHP Foster Griffin or C Chase Vallot as the headliner and another throw in would be an excellent haul for Parra.

@WiscoSportsNut

Isnt this is pretty good Aoki for Will Smith type of comp that we should be looking at from KC?

Well mid season can really effect value and Aoki wasn't the best corner outfielder. He did not have any power(minus dumping some over the RF porch in MKE), his offense overall was quite average, and his defense was average. You almost had to be looking for an OBP guy to have any interest in him and even then a .351 OBP isn't anything to get you drooling.

Parra should bring back something better than Smith.

Archived