Brewer Fanatic

Vote for your favorites in the 2015 BF.net Mid-Season Top 25 Prospect Listing

13. Taylor Williams - The organization thought he'd pitch this season, so far not at all, too bad really.

Where is he on your list if he doesnt get injured? for me he would have been top 5, and I was expecting him to make a jump and be top 3. His stuff is elite.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In front of Wagner as I have had no doubt his rate stats would have held up as he transitioned to AA but since he hasn't pitched I don't have any stats to back me up. I'll be pissed if they messed around all year trying to avoid TJ surgery only to end up doing it in August or September and have him lose 2 years of development.

My last 6 out were Tucker Neuhaus, Tyler Perry, Chris McFarland, Troy Stokes, Yadiel Rivera, and Victor Roache. Having been burned by 1 year wonders in the past I'd like to see more of Rivera and Roache performing well at the plate before I declare WOAH SOLVVD for either. Neuhaus and McFarland are probably deserving but with all of the SS in the system chances are one of them will play 2B pushing our minor league 2B down the depth chart. There's a good chance one of our SS will up being a 3B as well unless the Brewers trade for one along the way.

If Coulter doesn't bounce back in the 2nd half he's going to slide significantly the next time we do this, he's just been so slow to make adjustments. Starting out each season on fire followed by long periods of mediocrity is getting old. The good news is that his OPS is actually better at home than on the road.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

1. Orlando Arcia

2. Trent Clark

3. Clint Coulter

4. Gilbert Lara

5. Michael Reed

6. Kodi Medeiros

7. Jorge Lopez

8. Devin Williams

9. Tyrone Taylor

10. Nathan Kirby

11. Cody Ponce

12. Jacob Gatewood

13. Monte Harrison

14. Marcos Diplan

15. Tyler Cravy

16. Tyler Wagner

17. Yadiel Rivera

18. Victor Roache

19. Jorge Ortega

20. Franly Mallen

21. Troy Stokes

22. David Denson

23. Chris McFarland

24. Brooks Hall

25. Hobbs Johnson

26. Carlos Leal

27. Cy Sneed

29. Demi Oroloye

30. Tyrone Perry

If I had to put Jungmann on this list, I really don't know where to put him. Two months ago I would have put him in the 10-15 range. Now, somewhere in the top 10. I'll say 8. Also, I don't know where to put relief pitchers. Lastly, I am sure I forgot someone.

It occurs to me that Reed's tweener label while accurate seems less applicable in the current low offense environment. A good corner defender with a high OBP and modest power could very easily be a top 15 OFer these days.

In front of Wagner as I have had no doubt his rate stats would have held up as he transitioned to AA but since he hasn't pitched I don't have any stats to back me up. I'll be pissed if they messed around all year trying to avoid TJ surgery only to end up doing it in August or September and have him lose 2 years of development.

My thoughts exactly, i would have had him just in front of wagner. I also agree on the potential TJ situation.

1. Orlando Arcia

2. Kodi Medeiros

3. Gilbert Lara

4. Trent Clark

5. Taylor Jungmann

6. Jorge Lopez

7. Monte Harrison

8. Clint Coulter

9. Devin Williams

10. Tyrone Taylor

11. Tyler Wagner

12. Michael Reed

13. Demi Orimoloye

14. Tyler Cravy

15. David Burkhalter

16. Nathan Kirby

17. Jake Gatewood

18. Corey Knebel

19. Cody Ponce

20. Jorge Ortega

21. Marcos Diplan

22. Yadiel Rivera

23. Chris McFarland

24. Cy Sneed

25. Clint Terry

For me it is as follows:

1. Orlando Arcia

2. Monte Harrison

3. Kodi Medieros

4. Gilbert Lara

5. Trent Clark

6. Clint Coulter

7. Devin Williams

8. Tyrone Taylor

9. Jorge Lopez

10. Nathan Kirby

11. Michael Reed

12. Marcus Diplan

13. Demi Orimoloye

14. Taylor Jungmann

15. Cody Ponce

16. Jacob Gatewood

17. Taylor Williams

18. Tyler Wagner

19. Angel Ventura

20. Cy Sneed

21. Joangtel Segovia

22. Yadiel Rivera

23. Victor Roache

24. Tyler Cravy

25. Carlos Leal

At the beginning of the season I predicted that Monte Harrison would be a top 50 prospect by year end. That obviously is not going to happen, but out of all prospects not named Orlando Arcia, I think he is going to have the biggest impact on this franchise in the future still.

I'm truly excited about the state of our farm team though. Much progress has been made over the past few seasons.

1. Arcia

2. J. Lopez

3. Lara

4. Devin Williams

5. Trent Clark

6. Medeiros

7. Coulter

8. Jason Rogers

9. Diplan

10. Tyler Wagner

11. Kirby

12. Cravy

13. Sneed

14. Ponce

15. Orimoloye

16. Roache

17. Tyrone Taylor

18. Monte Harrison

19. N Ramirez

20. Reed

21. Jorge Ortega

22 Carlos Leal

23. Jake Gatewood

24. Brandon Diaz

25. Carlos Luna

Next 6: Y Rivera, Denson, Perry, Segovia, Stokes, Iskendarian.

*Taylor Williams? Fear he could be headed for TJ, keeping him off my list until he's healthy.

Also, kept off: Knebel, Goforth, Magnifico, Ross, Wang simply because they project as relievers. Nothing wrong with that, just too much talent right now on the list that project as full time starters.

Feel free to question, I'm already questioning my own list myself...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
1. Orlando Arcia

-One of the elite prospects at SS. Has the chance to be very good for a long time.

2. Kodi Medeiros

-High potential and he has held his own this year. I like his odds.

3. Tyrone Taylor

-A bit dissapointing so far, but I like him as a future CFer. I am rating him higher not on potential, but for the fact he has a better track record than most.

4. Gilbert Lara

-We heard this kid had a lot of potential and he has responded by hitting the ground running. I love the lack of strikeouts so far. The power will come.

5. Jake Gatewood

-So he has started the year a tad slow, but since being demoted to Helena 11/17 hits have gone for extra bases. It may take time, but I believe he will get there.

6. Trent Clark

-Top 10 prospect in the draft. He is really talented and so many down years across the system allows the top pick to slip in high on my ranking.

7. Clint Coulter

-He has the plate discipline and power to hopefully stick at the corner OF position.

8. Monte Harrison

-Wow is there a gigantic hole in his swing and his confidence has been put into question. Super athletic and has all the potential. May be a while before we see what he really is.

9. Jorge Lopez

-Really like this kid. I think he can be a solid arm

10. Demi Orimoloye

-My favorite pick of the entire draft. One scout said it was like watching Bo Jackson again...need I say more? Big project...but some serious potential here.

11. Devin Williams

12. Jorge Lopez

13. Nathan Kirby

14. Victor Roache

15. Cody Ponce

16. Wei Chung Wang

17. Taylor Jungmann

18. Michael Reed

19. Jorge Ortega

20. Corey Knebel

21. Brandon Diaz

22. Yadiel Rivera

23. Chris McFarland

24. Dustin DeMuth

25. Marcos Diplan

Just Missed:

1. Carlos Leal

2. Cy Sneed

3. Nick Ramirez

4. Damien Magnifico

5. David Goforth

I decided to suck it up and put Jungmann in my rankings to ride the same boat as the rest.

I wanted to jump on the Leal boat, but decided not to. I don't see him as anything much more than a back up with his bat and I honestly know nothing about his defense. Needs to have quality defense to be a back up. Would like to get more of a read on his offense too.

Plush, I just noted you have Jorge Lopez listed twice. You want to fix? Otherwise I will remove the second one listed and bump up everyone and add the person you listed as 26 th on your list.

Thanks.

Sort of surprised so many people have left Jason Rogers off their list. Was actually hitting pretty well in Milwaukee until his ABs dwindled down. Now he's back raking in AAA. I get defense will be an issue for him, but his bat is legit.

1. Orlando Arcia - one of the best SS prospects in all of baseball

2. Jorge Lopez - He's higher on my list than most, in the midst of a breakout season in AA, only 22 years old

3. Michael Reed - He's young, gets on base at a very high clip, solid corner OF defender

4. Clint Coulter - solid power bat, gets on base, can hit for average, just 21

5. Taylor Jungmann - former first round pick, off to a great start in Milwaukee

6. Kodi Medroios - top draft pick from last year, doing fairly well in Appleton

7. Tyler Cravy - late draft pick, rose up through the ranks, solid start to the major league career

8. Tyrone Taylor - only 21 and hanging in there in AA, lots of raw talent, average to below average power CF

9. Gilbert Lara - could shoot up the prospect list in the next few years, loads of potential

10. Wei-Chung Wang - he's got a good fastball, shown some control issues this year, I still think he's a major league starter potential

11. Devin Williams

12. Monte Harrison

13. Jacob Gatewood

14. Corey Knebel

15. Luis Sardinas

16. Kyle Wren

17. Cy Sneed

18. Victor Roache

19. Yadial Rivera

20. Brent Suter

21. Damian Magnifico

22. Nathan Orf

23. Carlos Leal

24. Marcos Diplan

25. Brooks Hall

SomewhereInTime, I noted that you have Luis Sardinas on your list. He is not eligible. Do you want to add someone? I'll just bump everyone up a spot, but if you want someone for the 25th slot, just let me know. Thanks.

Sort of surprised so many people have left Jason Rogers off their list. Was actually hitting pretty well in Milwaukee until his ABs dwindled down. Now he's back raking in AAA. I get defense will be an issue for him, but his bat is legit.

I left him and Cravy both off, not so much for what they are but rather for what they aren't. The Brewers need to make room for Cravy in the rotation or someone in front of him has to completely flop, but I believe he's a MLB pitcher. Rogers through no fault of his own is stuck behind Lind and ultimately probably ends up in a platoon since the team is RH dominant, though I think he could capably hold down 1B until someone better comes along, kind of like Gennett at 2nd and Segura at SS.

This list much harder to do since 2013 and if Leal and Orimoloye wouldn't have been so impressive I would have included them based on the fact I think they are MLB players. I went almost entirely with upside at the end of my list and Sneed throws harder than Cravy. Many years both guys would have been around 10. I didn't get Perry into my top 25 either.... this is the best top 25 list we've had in years. I had Kirby in the mid teens and he's a guy I spent quite a bit of time on prior to the draft, he would have been an easy top 10 guy in years past.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

My issue was the fact I just don't see much of a ceiling anymore for him. He should be a solid PH option and emergancy 1B if you need one for a couple weeks. He just will never be a starter at 1B and is not very versatile. I like having brighter potential than that in my lists.

My first post I'll take a crack at this

1. O. Arcia

2. T. Clark

3. G. Lara

4. J. Lopez

5. K. Medeiros

6. M. Harrison

7. M. Reed

8. D. Williams

9. C. Coulter

10. N. Kirby

11. C. Ponce

12. D. Orimoloye

13. T. Cravy

14. T. Wagner

15. J. Gatewood

16. M. Diplan

17. C. Leal

18. Y. Rivera

19. T. Perry

20. T. Taylor

21. D. Denson

22. C. McFarland

23. B. Diaz

24. J. Ortega

25. V. Roache

1. Orlando Arcia

2. Gilbert Lara

3. Kodi Medeiros

4. Clint Coulter

5. Taylor Jungman

6. Michael Reed

7. Monte Harrison

8. Jacob Gatewood

9. Trent Clark

10. Tyrone Taylor

11. Devin Williams

12. Tyler Cravy

13. Victor Roache

14. Jorge Lopez

15. Tyler Wagner

16. Nathan Kirby

17. Marcos Diplan

18. Hobbs Johnson

19. Cy Sneed

20. Blake Allemand

21. Demi Orimoloye

22. Taylor Williams

23. Carlos Leal

24. Carlos Ponce

25. Yadiel Rivera

Carlos Ponce was a light hitting 1B/OF for Milwaukee in 1985. He hit .161 on 62 ABs in his only big league season.

http://rackrs.com/Content/images/library/5325/CarlosPonce.jpg?maxwidth=680&maxheight=1000&crop=auto&bgcolor=fffaef&format=jpg&quality=100

1 Orlando Arcia

2 Clint Coulter

3 Gilbert Lara

4 Trent Clark

5 Taylor Jungmann

6 Jorge Lopez

7 Kodi Medeiros

8 Monte Harrison

9 Devin Williams

10 Jake Gatewood

11 Nathan Kirby

12 Tyler Cravy

13 Tyler Wagner

14 Michael Reed

15 Carlos Leal

16 Tyrone Taylor

17 Taylor Williams

18 Jorge Ortega

19 David Denson

20 Victor Roache

21 Marcos Diplan

22 Demi Orimoloye

23 Cody Ponce

24 Damien Magnifico

25 Troy Stokes

Brewer Fanatic Staff
So which will happen first?

-Demi Orimoloye talks a walk

-Joantgel Segovia gets an extra base hit

AZL Brewers Bottom of the 1st

Trent Clark grounds out, pitcher Jorge Rodriguez to first baseman Taylor Ostrich.

Joantgel Segovia doubles (1) on a line drive to right fielder Rudy Martin.

Gilbert Lara flies out to right fielder Rudy Martin. Joantgel Segovia to 3rd.

Tyrone Perry grounds out, second baseman Gabriel Cancel to first baseman Taylor Ostrich.

Community Moderator

My 2015 Mid-Season Top 25 Brewers Prospects:

1) Orlando Arcia

2) Gilbert Lara

3) Clint Coulter

4) Tyrone Taylor

5) Devin Williams

6) Monte Harrison

7) Taylor Jungmann

8) Trent Clark

9) Kodi Medeiros

10) Michael Reed

11) Jorge Lopez

12) Tyler Wagner

13) Nathan Kirby

14) Cody Ponce

15) Jacob Gatewood

16) Demi Orimoloye

17) Taylor Williams

18) Marcos Diplan

19) Yadiel Rivera

20) Cy Sneed

21) Wei-Chung Wang

22) Miguel Diaz

23) Victor Roache

24) David Denson

25) Hobbs Johnson

Not just “at Night” anymore.

1. Orlando Arcia

2. Gilbert Lara

3. Clint Coulter

4. Jorge Lopez

5. Monte Harrison

6. Trent Clark

7. Nate Kirby

8. Tyrone Taylor

9. Kodi Mederos

10. Jake Gatewood

11. Devin Williams

12. Marco Diplan

13. Demi Orimoyole

14. Tyler Wagner

15. Chris McFarland

16. Nick Ramirez

17. Taylor Williams

18. Victor Roache

19. Cody Ponce

20. Troy Stokes

21.Yadiel Rivera

22. David Denson

23. Joan Segovia

24. Nash Walters

25. Carlos Leal

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived