Brewer Fanatic

2015-07-06 Braves (Wisler) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/braves.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 6 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Braves (40-42)

Brewers (36-48)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]braves-2015_wisler-matt1.jpgbrewers-2015_lohse-kyle2.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Wisler[/pitcher][h2]2-1, 2.60 ERA, 1.21 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Wisler got some quick revenge against the Nationals in his last start, throwing 5⅓ innings and striking out six batters, thanks largely to a sharp slider. In three starts since being called up, Wisler has posted a 2.60 ERA.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Kyle Lohse[/pitcher][h2]5-9, 6.24 ERA, 1.38 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Braves | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse has pitched much better lately than the box scores indicate, good news for a team that may try to trade him later this month. “If you get distracted, you’re not doing the things you need to do to win,” Lohse said.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Cameron Maybin ®
  2. RF Nick Markakis (L)
  3. 1B Kelly Johnson (L)
  4. 3B Juan Uribe ®
  5. C A.J. Pierzynski (L)
  6. 2B Pedro Ciriaco ®
  7. SS Andrelton Simmons ®
  8. LF Eury Perez ®
  9. RHP Matt Wisler ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. CF Carlos Gomez ®
  6. 3B Aramis Ramirez ®
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. C Martin Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Kyle Lohse ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I was just coming on here to post something along the lines of "Come on Lohse! Let's get your ERA below 6 and let's trick someone into a desperate 'he might be turning this around' mindset to clear us some salary in a trade..." but then Kelly Johnson just hit one out and we are behind 3 batters in.

I honestly feel for Lohse. Just the look on his face is hard to stomach. He's a good guy that works hard and is a good teammate. Father Time catches us all.

Hopefully we brought the bats tonight again!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Another manager waiting too damn long to get a guy up in the bullpen. This one will be out of reach before you know it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I just can't watch this any longer...It has gotten to the point of not even turning on a Lohse start. I haven't been smart enough to use that approach yet, but I think I will do so the next time he starts...This is just horrible.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Lohse legitimately is a 6ERA SP. 4 starts all season giving up 2runs or fewer. Where's Jungmann sit at already? Past time to cut bait. There aren't enough 0s he can put up between now and deadline, to provide Milw with say a 5mil paid to a team just to take him off the club's hands. So dump him and move on.

Can we send Lohse to Seattle, and keep the Bucks? Pretty please?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Another manager waiting too damn long to get a guy up in the bullpen. This one will be out of reach before you know it.

Goforth was up in the 2nd. Lohse didn't give up any runs after Goforth started warming up.

Just terrible baserunning by Peterson that inning. First stands in the box on his blooper and thus fails to get to 2nd. If he does he scores easily on Parra's hit. But he didn't so he ends up trying to make it from first and is easily out.

Just terrible baserunning by Peterson that inning. First stands in the box on his blooper and thus fails to get to 2nd. If he does he scores easily on Parra's hit. But he didn't so he ends up trying to make it from first and is easily out.

He would have been a dead duck at 2nd. The pause at home plate had nothing to do with it - you can't anticipate or expect that a major league OF is going to bobble/boot the ball once much less the two times that he did, so he had no reason to be barreling towards 2nd base and doing anything but sticking close to 1B so he doesn't picked off by rounding the base too far.

Someone needs to remind Ed "The Human Windmill" Sedar that you don't run when Andrelton Simmons is the cutoff man.

Yep. By the letter of the law that's a strike. Just not one called often and poorly framed. In real time I thought it was the worst strike call I'd ever seen but after seeing the replay it was correct.

This Wisler kid is painful to watch too. Pace on play clock needs to be installed ASAP. This [expletive deleted] throwing a pitch every two minutes is for the birds.

Really wish we had a big bat coming up and not Segura, although he has been better as of late.

Tonight's Jays - White Sox game was completed in one hour and fifty-four minutes.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived