Brewer Fanatic

Has anyone ever taken the amtrak to Chicago from Milwaukee?

TURBO

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not all that close. You can catch the L downtown (probably 10 - 15 min walk from Amtrak station) and ride it straight to Wrigley.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Google maps shows you where the train and L stops are.

Train will take you to Ogilvie Transportation Center. Walk 2.5 blocks north to L station, take Green or Pink line east to State & Lake, transfer to Red or Purple line north to Addison. If you want to get some exercise, take Brown line to Belmont and walk 6 long blocks north.

So take the amtrak, get off and take the L right to Wrigley?

That's what I'd do. Red Line drops you off a block from the right field entrance.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yeah, I was thinking METRA not Amtrak. Amtrak takes you to Union Station; from there walk 3 blocks east to the L station and take the Brown line to Fullerton and transfer to Red line, or like I said earlier, if you want some exercise take the Brown line all the way to Belmont and walk six long blocks north.

Yeah, I was thinking METRA not Amtrak. Amtrak takes you to Union Station; from there walk 3 blocks east to the L station and take the Brown line to Fullerton and transfer to Red line, or like I said earlier, if you want some exercise take the Brown line all the way to Belmont and walk six long blocks north.

Or you can just walk over to state street and hop directly on the red line. Then no need to transfer. If it's a nice day that's what I'd do.

Google maps shows you where the train and L stops are.

Train will take you to Ogilvie Transportation Center. Walk 2.5 blocks north to L station, take Green or Pink line east to State & Lake, transfer to Red or Purple line north to Addison. If you want to get some exercise, take Brown line to Belmont and walk 6 long blocks north.

Ogilvie is for Metra only. Amtrak uses Union station.

By far the easiest way to use Chicago's public transit is via Google Maps.

You could also take the bus or water taxi from Union to make your trip to the redline shorter.

And when at a bus stop, there is a number on the sign you can text to know how long it will take for the next bus to come. Works for the El too, though the loop stops and Addison have displays that estimate arrival times.

Archived