Brewer Fanatic

Braun an All Star? (Latest: He's in...see post #43)

The stache
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I seem to recall that Prince was tested that day and also tested well out of normal ranges, but his was thrown out

Interesting. I have never heard this. Is there a link for this? The only thing I would guess Prince has ever tested high for is elevated levels of nacho cheese sauce and Cheeto residue.

I never heard the names. I understood it that every person tested the same day as Braun at Miller Park all had astronomically high tests that were thrown out, but Braun's was slightly below whatever the throw out line is.

Pretty bland ASG for the most part, I guess because it wasn't really down to the wire. Loved the HR Derby.

I never heard the names. I understood it that every person tested the same day as Braun at Miller Park all had astronomically high tests that were thrown out, but Braun's was slightly below whatever the throw out line is.

Pretty bland ASG for the most part, I guess because it wasn't really down to the wire. Loved the HR Derby.

If that is true(I never saw such article) I am guessing his wasn't thrown out because synthetic testosterone was present. Which for all the clean guys was surely not there.

I don't believe there is such a test, one of the misnomers perpetuated by ESPN. They view it as synthetic if it's a certain level, there's no way of knowing if it was natural or not.

Supposedly it was the highest test ever to go through the process and was just barely under the limit that would have allowed it to be thrown out because something had to be wrong with the test. That's what was reported by insiders at the time, obviously no evidence was ever given to people like us to know if that was true or some hype put out by Braun's camp.

I don't believe there is such a test, one of the misnomers perpetuated by ESPN. They view it as synthetic if it's a certain level, there's no way of knowing if it was natural or not.

Supposedly it was the highest test ever to go through the process and was just barely under the limit that would have allowed it to be thrown out because something had to be wrong with the test. That's what was reported by insiders at the time, obviously no evidence was ever given to people like us to know if that was true or some hype put out by Braun's camp.

Actually they do a second test on positive samples based on isotope ratios that shows synthetic vs natural origins. MLB commented on that in their presser when Braun got off on the technicality.

It hurt him being in Cinncy so they're aware. TV here cut in really late as the pitch was coming in already so couldn't really hear the walkup, fans seemed to be happy when he hit the triple and scored through. Did they boo Peralta, Cruz, Grandal?

Knowing what you know now, I urge anyone who still holds Braun in high regards to go on You Tube and re-watch that press conference. It's cringe worthy. Its one thing to make mistakes or have a lapse in judgement. Everyone has done things they regret. However, when you get away with something that you know you did and then have the nads to throw it back in everyone's face with a "See, I told you so" press conference and talk about how everyone is out to get you, that's another thing all together. All he had to do is release a message stating that he was glad with the result, he's glad it's over, and he's looking forward to focusing on baseball. Instead, he basically doubled down. I don't hate Braun, I just lost a ton of respect for him in regards to that whole situation.

Also, I'm annoyed by some of the posts that suggest that people are taking it personally. I'm not taking it personally. I don't have to feel personally hurt by someone in order to have a low level of respect for them.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yup that was his big mistake, besides of course doing it. He knew he'd done something and there was a chance something could eventually come out. Should have never been so brash.

Could be on the synthetic, I'm no scientist. There was so much stuff thrown around back then.

It hurt him being in Cinncy so they're aware. TV here cut in really late as the pitch was coming in already so couldn't really hear the walkup, fans seemed to be happy when he hit the triple and scored through. Did they boo Peralta, Cruz, Grandal?

Knowing what you know now, I urge anyone who still holds Braun in high regards to go on You Tube and re-watch that press conference. It's cringe worthy. Its one thing to make mistakes or have a lapse in judgement. Everyone has done things they regret. However, when you get away with something that you know you did and then have the nads to throw it back in everyone's face with a "See, I told you so" press conference and talk about how everyone is out to get you, that's another thing all together. All he had to do is release a message stating that he was glad with the result, he's glad it's over, and he's looking forward to focusing on baseball. Instead, he basically doubled down. I don't hate Braun, I just lost a ton of respect for him in regards to that whole situation.

Also, I'm annoyed by some of the posts that suggest that people are taking it personally. I'm not taking it personally. I don't have to feel personally hurt by someone in order to have a low level of respect for them.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

I mean... back during that presser, it was prettyrewarding as a fan to shove it back at the media, who up to that point villanized him. Granted, looking back its different now knowing what all transpired, but i do not blame him for doing what he did at that time, especially since he was so adamant he was innocent, and won the appeal.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

If he was truly innocent that was the way to go as he would have had no skeletons in his closet. At that point I guess he was "all-in" and went for it hoping this Biogen thing would never come out. I see why he did it, who would've thought MLB would go through the lengths they did. Still, probably should have been humble about. Especially if that synthetic thing is true.

Either way glad to see getting the first ASG out of the way, just another step towards everyone moving on and enjoying the game. Arod seems to be doing everything right as well, I didn't see the Espy thing he did last night but supposedly it went over well. Can't believe they even nominated him for the award actually.

Arod seems to be doing everything right as well, I didn't see the Espy thing he did last night but supposedly it went over well.

Umm I am going to assume you are serious as there is no blue text...but anyway you should go watch it. Come back and tell me what you thought. Spoiler it didn't go over well in my mind.

No I didn't see it and don't really plan to. I just saw a few articles and they thought it was good.

Maybe it was a good joke. Which it might have been if he wasn't present and apart of it...it was a bit sickening.

Fair enough, you seem to be a little pre-dispositioned to dislike such a thing. Maybe to the average joe who doesn't really care much about PEDs and it would come across. IDK, just saw it mentioned in some articles and a few people I work with said it. I got the vibe he kind of poked fun at himself. But whatever, I can't believe they even felt comfortable enough with him to nominate him for the award and then to have him there.

Archived