Brewer Fanatic

Braun an All Star? (Latest: He's in...see post #43)

The stache
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Bruce Bochy can do whatever he wants, but I've always thought that if a player voted to the game is injured, he should be replaced by another player from the same position. Kris Bryant has had a pretty good rookie year, but he's only played 5 games in the outfield.

Congrats to Francisco Rodriguez.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Why isn't he even involved in the vote in. Take a chance to find out his popularity if it's fully tainted or not.

There's no possible way he'd come close to winning the final vote. He was never even that popular outside of Milwaukee before the PED scandal.

People might not care all that much about it at this point, but if there's an option to choose one of four other, deserving candidates over Braun, Braun isn't getting votes.

For us it's probably better he gets the days off but I'd have liked to see him in just to get it out of the way and keep his image rebuild going in the right direction.

I knew Arod was playing well but I hadn't seen his stats in a while. Very impressed, somehow I find myself rooting for recovering PED guys to prove themselves as I think the media hype around it all is a joke. I find it ridiculous they don't put the best players in when they're playing for home field advantage, and when they are in they take the best players out of the game and have it come down to backups and sometimes undeserving guys that are only there because their team needed a rep. Especially love the hypocrisy of having Peralta and Cruz in but not Arod and/or Braun.

I'm generally a supporter of the changes Selig has made over the years but making the ASG count is his worst move. Especially since it didn't solve the problem that led to the tie game, as it can still happen again. This was another dumb thing pushed by the media and caused an overreaction, acting like it was embarrassment to the game that an exhibition game ended in a tie. I mean, regular season NFL games end in ties, NHL games at the time ended in ties, Soccer games end in ties all the time. Who cares about an exhibition game.

Braun's sitting at a 125 wRC+ right now, and just skimming the NL OF leaderboards there are about ten players right around him, along with McCutchen, Harper, and Joc Pederson. So, it would seem that Braun would fall into the category of 'not a snub, but not a bad choice had he gotten in'.

A-Rod has been one of the ten or so most productive AL batters this season, so I'd imagine that omission has to do entirely with the fact that he's A-Rod.

I'm generally a supporter of the changes Selig has made over the years but making the ASG count is his worst move. Especially since it didn't solve the problem that led to the tie game, as it can still happen again. This was another dumb thing pushed by the media and caused an overreaction, acting like it was embarrassment to the game that an exhibition game ended in a tie. I mean, regular season NFL games end in ties, NHL games at the time ended in ties, Soccer games end in ties all the time. Who cares about an exhibition game.

Not to hijack the thread but yes to all this. Especially the overreaction to a tie in an exhibition game. I think the real problem then was Selig's popularity. Or more to the point lack of it. There was still some resentment on the players part over the previous labor troubles and the PED's were a major shadow over his leadership. I always felt it was more about bashing Selig than it was having to declare a tie in a meaningless game.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Speaking of the All Star Game there are two spots needing to be filled now I think. Holliday and now Gordon.

Tulowitzki took Gordon's spot.

Tulo took the spot of Holliday

LaMaheaui or whatever in for Gordon

With the Brewers playing in LA, where Braun lives, I doubt that Braun is that bothered by not making the team. 7 days at home probably sounds pretty good.

But it can't be fun for him to be playing in his home town's park and get booed like he is every time he goes up to the plate...

I doubt he'd ever get voted into another all-star game again. It was just so stupid of him to lie about it. Often it is the lies and cover-up that is the bigger sin that the original infraction.

With the Brewers playing in LA, where Braun lives, I doubt that Braun is that bothered by not making the team. 7 days at home probably sounds pretty good.

But it can't be fun for him to be playing in his home town's park and get booed like he is every time he goes up to the plate...

I doubt he'd ever get voted into another all-star game again. It was just so stupid of him to lie about it. Often it is the lies and cover-up that is the bigger sin that the original infraction.

Even lying aside I think his high profile would still keep him out. Something about being Jhonny Peralta vs. Ryan Braun makes it better to cheat.

Stupid of him to lie? So your move after winning the appeal would have been to admit it? Braun was the first person from the Miami scandal to admit and volunteered for a longer suspension than the others got. Two people from the same scandal got voted in, it's a joke and based all of media obsessing more over big names like him and arod. I think he gets in if he is clearly more deserving, whereas this year he and like 4 others were comparable and our team is bad. Peds will be a tiebreaker unless when it's debatable

Stupid of him to lie? So your move after winning the appeal would have been to admit it?

Braun was the first person from the Miami scandal to admit

volunteered for a longer suspension than the others got.

Two people from the same scandal got voted in, it's a joke and based all of media obsessing more over big names like him and arod.

1. No I wouldn't have appealed in the first place if I intentionally used banned substances. I don't get what you are trying to say.

2. Umm OK? Is that suppose to mean something? Pretty sure he did that to have the lesser suspension.

3. Volunteered? Are you serious? He took that suspension because fighting it would likely have ended up in a 100 game suspension or more.

4. A-Rod and Braun are both hated more and deserve to be. They both did more than cheat and I can't blame anyone who doesn't want them at the ASG

Thats awesome!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Just announced: Ryan Braun is in, replacing the injured Matt Holliday.

Personally, I'm happy he's in. Good to have two Brewers in, instead of just one.

http://i.imgur.com/7vuRvhc.gif

Whats better is that braun is replacing a golden child

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Wow plush, talk about being a hater. If Braun would have waited he would have gotten the same 50 everyone else got. Instead he got 65, he was hurt anyway so that's probably why he did it. Braun did nothing more than the others and should be treated the same. Being a former mvp shouldn't warrant extra punishment.

Not appealed? It worked and everything I read at the time the faulty handling probably did lead to the failed test. His mistake was that he shouldn't have been so brash in the press conference. Well that and doing it to begin with i guess. His only mistake post getting caught is the press conference.

Archived