Brewer Fanatic

2015-07-02 Brewers (Garza) at Phillies (Billingsley), 5:35 PM CDT [Brewers win 8-7, 11 innings]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 2 | 5:35 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (32-48)

Phillies (27-53)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/phillies.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_garza-matt6.jpgphillies-2015_billingsley-chad.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]4-10, 5.52 ERA, 1.53 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Philies | Game Log[/h3][h3]With a loss to the Twins on Saturday, Garza fell to 0-3 with an 8.50 ERA in his last three starts, and he became the second Major Leaguer to reach 10 losses. He’s allowed 31 hits over 18 innings in those three games.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Chad Billingsley[/pitcher][h2]0-2, 6.75 ERA, 1.63 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Billingsley rejoins the Phillies rotation after landing on the disabled list May 16 because of a strained right shoulder. That followed two years worth of recovery following a pair of right elbow surgeries.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. CF Carlos Gomez ®
  6. 3B Aramis Ramirez ®
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Odubel Herrera (L)
  2. 2B César Hernández (S)
  3. 3B Maikel Franco ®
  4. 1B Ryan Howard (L)
  5. RF Domonic Brown (L)
  6. LF Cody Asche (L)
  7. SS Freddy Galvis (S)
  8. C Cameron Rupp ®
  9. RHP Chad Billingsley ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I missed it, I thought Gomez grounded into a double-play. Did he beat it out or what happened?

It was a fielder's choice to the shortstop. Lind was out at second, and Braun advanced to third.

I missed it, I thought Gomez grounded into a double-play. Did he beat it out or what happened?

It was a fielder's choice to the shortstop. Lind was out at second, and Braun advanced to third.

Thanks Casey.

Garza is just falling off a cliff. Hard to believe it's just a run of bad luck.

I am pretty confident he will eventually turn it around. He has a long track record and most of his struggles have been due to control. I just don't know when he will figure it out. Might be a whole year of struggles coming though.

The Brewers' team batting average has risen by eight points during this series.

Garza is just falling off a cliff. Hard to believe it's just a run of bad luck.

I am pretty confident he will eventually turn it around. He has a long track record and most of his struggles have been due to control. I just don't know when he will figure it out. Might be a whole year of struggles coming though.

He had a 1.527 WHIP coming into the night, and he's actually raised that, unbelievably, with a walk and 10 hits allowed in 5 innings pitched.

I'm not at all confident he'll turn it around. Some pitchers just lose it. He's been absolutely terrible.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Pathetic. This game is a comedy of Melvin signing errors. Garza sucks against the worst team in baseball, and Broxton is his usual awful self. No lead is safe with this team.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Oh, and meanwhile, Yovani Gallardo, who we all thought was on a downward spiral, has a 7-6 record on the season with a 2.56 ERA, and a 1.14 WHIP.

His last four starts? Oh hell, for snicks and giggles, let's look at his last ten starts starts.

5-1, 1.56 ERA, 63.1 IP, 13 runs allowed (11 earned), 46 hits, 0.995 WHIP. He allowed 2 home runs on 5/19, and hasn't allowed a single one in his last eight starts.

I hate belaboring the point, but our coaching staff, and talent evaluators, need to go. They're terrible. Gallardo goes to Texas, and suddenly he's pitching like an ace.

On a positive note, good to see Lucroy's bat waking up. Eight hits in the last three games is encouraging.

Oh, and meanwhile, Yovani Gallardo, who we all thought was on a downward spiral, has a 7-6 record on the season with a 2.56 ERA, and a 1.14 WHIP.

His last four starts? Oh hell, for snicks and giggles, let's look at his last ten starts starts.

5-1, 1.56 ERA, 63.1 IP, 13 runs allowed (11 earned), 46 hits, 0.995 WHIP. He allowed 2 home runs on 5/19, and hasn't allowed a single one in his last eight starts.

I hate belaboring the point, but our coaching staff, and talent evaluators, need to go. They're terrible. Gallardo goes to Texas, and suddenly he's pitching like an ace.

Keep in mind that Gallardo and Estrada are doing this against AL competition, which in part because of the DH rule normally results in higher pitcher ERAs.

Not so fun fact -- we are the only team in MLB that has not recorded a sweep all season. At least at this very moment.

That might just change right now. /fingers crossed.

Garza and Lohse and Broxton need to be off this team alln three are horrible.

Unless we cut them and eat their salaries nobody is gonna want either of these guys so we are probably stuck with them. :tongue

Verified Member

Oh and the Brewers just won their 5th game in a row... Someone had to put a positive note on this particular game thread.

Looking like 2014 in reverse. Start crappy and finish with a flourish.

Oh and the Gallardo trade timing was POOR. You don't pull that during the NFC Championship Game. I still want to know what that jerk Melvin was thinking that day? It was pretty well accepted changes were going to be made after last season including a possible trade of Gallardo and his contract. Glad he is doing well in Texas.

Oh and the Brewers just won their 5th game in a row... Someone had to put a positive note on this particular game thread.

Looking like 2014 in reverse. Start crappy and finish with a flourish.

Oh and the Gallardo trade timing was POOR. You don't pull that during the NFC Championship Game. I still want to know what that jerk Melvin was thinking that day? It was pretty well accepted changes were going to be made after last season including a possible trade of Gallardo and his contract. Glad he is doing well in Texas.

I don't understand what you talking about with Gallardo here...

Verified Member

Someone brought up Gallardo earlier in this thread. Mentioned how he has been doing over his last 10 starts. And he is doing great. I was noting how some folks miss Gallardo by commenting on how the whole trading of him to Texas went down. Amazing how easily people are offended.

SEE BELOW - There ya go.

The 'stache said:

Archived