Brewer Fanatic

College Basketball Thread 2015-16

patrickgpe
I heard he was basically forced to choose as Wojo wouldn't let him keep his scholarship while also trying to train for the Olympics. I think the whole Wally chose track thing is more of a smoke screen than anything. If Henry stuck around Wojo would have been more than happy to let Wally take a break from training with the team in order to try to make the Olympics.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we know all of the details, but the ellenson situation doesn't look good from the outside. It definitely appears as Wally was just offered a scholarship to get Henry, and once Henry left for the draft, Wojo found a better use for his scholarship. There probably is more to hit, and the Ellenson family has been rather quiet.

This is a big season for Marquette, While Wojo continues to have top 15 classes, he has nothing to show for it. Last year they were very young, this season they really don't have that excuse.

Wally Ellenson got creaned by Marquette. Now that Henry moved on apparently Wojo has no use for his brother anymore. It looks like a pretty sad situation with Marquette looking bad and the Ellenson family looking a little weird as well. It would look worse if Wally wasn't getting a track & field scholarship. Regardless it was pretty obvious Wojo used the Wally scholarship to get Henry and Wally simply wasn't a good enough player. All of this and the team didn't even translate it to a NCAA tourney bid. If you pull carp like that you better win; Wojo better start showing some progress in the next couple of years.

I was listening to it on the radio and they made is seem like Wally chose to focus on TnF. I have none of the details so I have no idea what is what, but that's what the radio said this morning.

Not a lot to support that theory. Mama Ellenson apparently tweeted "Smoke and Mirrors" and the whole Ellenson family quit following Wojo on Twitter. I am not a Twitter guy but that along with other insiders who said Wally was told there wasnt a spot for him makes it seem like this was a cut.

[sarcasm]C'mon, there is no way a college basketball coach would do what he needed to do to get a star recruit to come to his school, then forget any promises or step on anyone once that player has moved on. This is real life, that just doesn't happen.[/sarcasm]

Archived