Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 2)

lcbj68c
Verified Member
The Spurs have been my team since the mid 90's. Before they became front runners. Thank you.

The Spurs have won less than 50 games four times since the 89-90 season. 91-92 they went 47-35, 92-93 they went 49-33, Robinson got hurt in 96-97 and they tanked for Duncan and they went 37-13 in the lockout season of 98-99. That's it. They've had one losing season in the last 26 years.

It sounds to me like you're the definition of a bandwagon fan. Giving up on the team you were a fan of for a team that had success for a few years prior to you becoming a fan that you could see even more sustained long term success with.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought I'd kill some time and watch the Bucks with the draft in the background. I couldn't make it 5 minutes. There's a reason I gave up on the Bucks long ago and became a Spurs fan.

Better to be a Bucks than Spurs fan right now, Spurs on the elevator down and Bucks are on the rise. It's going to be a rough road for the Spurs.

Very interesting offseason coming for the Spurs. Sounds like they'll make a strong run for Aldridge as Duncan's replacement, he's from Dallas and went to Texas. Yea I chuckled at the Spurs not being a front runner, they've been a good team pretty much since Robinson got there, other than the year he got hurt which led to Duncan. Support your own, unless there's some ties to the SA area or something from parents etc..

I'd be ok with a Chandler type signing for a couple years. Team building is very different in the nba now with the restrictions to short contracts so it's tough to really plan on anyone being around for more than 4-5 years. Would fit exactly what we do on D and provide good vet leadership for the young guys. As I may have mentioned earlier, I strongly doubt he'll come here. Every contender other than Houston needs him and most have cap room. Throw in the Lakers also as an option, I'm almost sure he's from California. Chandler and Love as FAs this year to get them to respectability. He's the perfect C to play with Love. My money is on Jordan sticking with the Clips and Chandler in Dallas. Or conversely, if DJ goes to Dallas, who's the best guy to replace him with the Clips?

I wouldn't want HIbbert, too slow and plodding. Rather have a guy like Mozgov, but I'd be surprised if Cle traded two firsts and won't resign him.

Build through the draft another year, see how they play next year and how Parker looks and then make some decisions as lots of money comes off the books the year after.

Great ride here at the end to get some fans excited, I won't let the blowout dampen it. Stuff happens. Really surprised by it though, with how good their D had been I wouldn't think that to be possible. Just shows the difference between the upper class and the low seeds in the East

edited for language

It sounds to me like you're the definition of a bandwagon fan.

I'll say this, and then be done. You don't know me. You don't know how much of a Bucks fan I was growing up, then realizing the Kohl really didn't care about actually winning a championship, just getting into the playoffs. I really liked David Robinson, Sean Elliott and the guys that the Spurs had, and really enjoyed how fundamentally sound they played. As I kept watching them develop, I continued to enjoy their style of play. I was still a Spurs fan, even when I moved back to Wisconsin in 2004. When I moved to San Antonio in 2008, it was wonderful. I was able to be even closer to the team, go to games.....it was great. Now, living in Houston, I'm really hoping that they win Saturday night, because I'd consider buying a ticket to go watch them here. Last night, I turned on the game, because of my past connection to the Bucks, and I laughed. That was an embarrassing loss. At home. With a chance to force game 7. They didn't show up. See ya.

Yea not a big deal. Plus lives in TX so really can't blame someone. I like the whole league and Spurs are probably my second favorite team to watch after Golden State. When they were playing that slow grind style of the mid 00s and winning titles with scores in the 80s, I can't say I was a fan of that, now their style has started a trend for the whole league to follow and it's really good for the league. Really interesting offseason for them. Can't wait for that game 7 on Saturday, should be an instant classic.

As an example for bs frontrunning. I work with a guy born and raised in WI. And his teams are Packers, Red Wings, and Braves. Doesn't really follow NBA. He's about 30 yrs old so grew up as those teams were all the most consistent winners of their sports, claims he's not a frontrunner/bandwagon fan. Whatever though, each his own.

Don't give up on the Bucks after one game though, if you would've watched the first 5 games of the series you wouldn't have had that take away. Make them your eastern conference team at least. Kohl regime is gone and this going in the right direction.

It sounds to me like you're the definition of a bandwagon fan.

I'll say this, and then be done. You don't know me. You don't know how much of a Bucks fan I was growing up, then realizing the Kohl really didn't care about actually winning a championship, just getting into the playoffs. I really liked David Robinson, Sean Elliott and the guys that the Spurs had, and really enjoyed how fundamentally sound they played. As I kept watching them develop, I continued to enjoy their style of play. I was still a Spurs fan, even when I moved back to Wisconsin in 2004. When I moved to San Antonio in 2008, it was wonderful. I was able to be even closer to the team, go to games.....it was great. Now, living in Houston, I'm really hoping that they win Saturday night, because I'd consider buying a ticket to go watch them here. Last night, I turned on the game, because of my past connection to the Bucks, and I laughed. That was an embarrassing loss. At home. With a chance to force game 7. They didn't show up. See ya.

One game should never define a team or season. Yes they fell apart in game 6 but they played hard and held their own against a solid Bulls team in the previous 5 games. For a team who was projected to win 25 games this season with Parker to win 41 games without him for the majority of the season and win two games agianst a much better Bulls squad is still extremely impressive and encouraging for their future. If you were that much of a Bucks fan in the past I don;t understand why it took you this long to get on board (albeit for only 5 minutes) this season. This is an exciting young, up and coming team who is a few years and players away from becoming a top team in the East. Maybe you should give them more than a 5 minute window to win back your loyalty and fandom. Otherwise stick with your Spurs and stop complaining about a team you clearly do not care enough about any longer to give more than five minutes of your precious time.

One game should never define a team or season.
The 2014 Packers wish to argue.

I should have been more clear. One game should never define a NBA team. Football is completely different since there are far less games.

One game should never define a team or season.
The 2014 Packers wish to argue.

I should have been more clear. One game should never define a NBA team. Football is completely different since there are far less games.

any that the playoffs are single elimination not best of 7

Thought I'd kill some time and watch the Bucks with the draft in the background. I couldn't make it 5 minutes. There's a reason I gave up on the Bucks long ago and became a Spurs fan.

Give the Bucks another shot next year. You won't be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Although this is the time of year for rumors, this one may have some legs. Reports out there saying Brook Lopez will opt out of the last year of hos contract, and the Bucks are one of the teams he's interested in.

I have mixed feelings. Beggars can't be choosers, not sure how long it will be for the Bucks to have a shot at a legit starting Center like this. He has his flaws, but Lopez would fit the legit Center everyone has been wishing they had. Downside? It will cost them a ton, which could mean they don't keep Middleton. It would essentially lock the Bucks in to a big 3 of Lopez, Giannis, and Parker. Just not sure if I would do this or not.

new uniforms will be unveiled on June 6th at a block party. I love the idea to make an afternoon festival out of it. I really want to go.

Would be even sweeter if they used that occasion to announce the financing for a new arena is in place, and they're breaking ground later this year. A man can dream.

Lopez is brutal on D, a poor rebounder, and more of a post up guy, not really the type we need. Plus I don't think he has much heart/fire in him. that being said he's a good offensive center and we certainly need offense so if he's not looking for a max deal and will take something reasonable it's worth considering. Could buy time to find a young guy to pair with the other young guys, and his contract would go away as Giannis and Jabari need new contracts.

If they manage things properly they can get him without losing Middleton. Have to sign Lopez first, then sign Middleton and go over the cap, you can go over if you're signing your own guy. The year after they could drop back below the cap with Zaza and Mayo coming off, maybe Ersan too? And the year after that the cap will balloon up. Can be done if the owners are willing to spend this year. I suppose they could trade Ersan away to save money too. I would 100% choose Middleton over Lopez though if it comes down to it.

MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Jabari, Lopez. Bench: Dudley, Mayo, Bayless, Ersan, Zaza, Henson. For sure playoff team and in the east, they could get as high #4, maybe even 3.

Personally, I'd rather stay the course with a young guy rather than this strategy (which is kind of like the old Kohl way of just being happy being in the playoffs). But if he's willing to take a reasonable contract it's worth exploring.

Although this is the time of year for rumors, this one may have some legs. Reports out there saying Brook Lopez will opt out of the last year of hos contract, and the Bucks are one of the teams he's interested in.

Gasp. Free Agent interested in one of the few teams with a ton of money to spend under the cap!

No desire for Lopez. Bucks don't need an offensive C. They are about to get a better Giannis back next year, and a guy who should be taking 10+ shots per game in Jabari Parker as well.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Gasp. Free Agent interested in one of the few teams with a ton of money to spend under the cap!

No desire for Lopez. Bucks don't need an offensive C. They are about to get a better Giannis back next year, and a guy who should be taking 10+ shots per game in Jabari Parker as well.

He's interested because of Kidd. (Obviously the money as well, but that goes without saying. A ton of teams have the money to pay him.)

Why don't the Bucks need an offensive center? Neither Giannis or Parker are centers, so not sure why they were cited. And I don't know that it's fair to dismiss his defense. He has consistently been among the leaders in blocks. Also, Kidd has already proven he can get his guys to play defense. Mayo was about as uninterested in defense as you could be, Kidd was able to get him to play defense.

There are reasons NOT to do this, but saying you don't want a center that can score 20 a game isn't a very good reason.

I don't think the Blazers let him go. Plus, he's not a center so you would have to figure out how to play him with Giannis and Parker, etc. He would be a good get though, no doubt.

Something just tells me they need to wait another year before a big FA pick-up or trade. See how all the current players fit together for another year, and we'll have a much better idea what type of player is needed.

Archived