Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 2)

lcbj68c
Green on Green with a blaze orange alternate. Personally i think blaze orange would be genius, and would definitely get people talking about us...from anti hunters to the casual sports fan mentioning it to their friends (Think Baylor and their Neon)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why should the Bucks stay? No one cares about them outside of people close to Milwaukee. They don't have the statewide interest like the Brewers have and it shows in their attendence. The Bucks are a serious small market team that will never have the star power to get people excited and get into basketball. It also doesn't help the stadium is downtown. Milwaukee downtown isn't that great and really just makes It a pain getting to a game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Why should the Bucks stay? No one cares about them outside of people close to Milwaukee. They don't have the statewide interest like the Brewers have and it shows in their attendence. The Bucks are a serious small market team that will never have the star power to get people excited and get into basketball. It also doesn't help the stadium is downtown. Milwaukee downtown isn't that great and really just makes It a pain getting to a game.

Replace "Bucks" with "Brewers" and "Brewers" with "Packers" and you have something someone said back in 1995.

Except for the downtown blurb....which is strange given how small Milwaukee's downtown is.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Replace "Bucks" with "Brewers" and "Brewers" with "Packers" and you have something someone said back in 1995.

Except for the downtown blurb....which is strange given how small Milwaukee's downtown is.

Do you expect a new stadium to bring some excitement to the Bucks? The Bucks just have a weak following and in my opinion people in Wisconsin don't really care about the NBA. I don't even think they cover anything related to a possible new stadium where I am from and that isn't crazy far away.

Do you expect a new stadium to bring some excitement to the Bucks? The Bucks just have a weak following and in my opinion people in Wisconsin don't really care about the NBA. I don't even think they cover anything related to a possible new stadium where I am from and that isn't crazy far away.

After the first year of Miller Park, fans started showing up less and less frequently until the team started winning.

And if you think it's a pain to get to downtown for a game, you're doing it wrong because it's incredibly easy.

And the Brewers didn't before Attanasio bought them? If a mediocre baseball team can succeed (that hurt typing, but it's the truth), there's no reason that a successful basketball franchise couldn't. Just pull up old youtube's from the 2000 Playoffs if you need reinforcement.

Community Moderator

Someone pointed out that the lower antlers are shaped like a basketball--very cool.

Another plus is that the new colors work nicely with the relatively-new court.

how exactly are there so many leaks of this logo; what kind of amateurs are in their marketing department. I remember in the past when the bucks changed we had an idea on the color but the logo wasn't out 2 weeks before release.

I still like the old school logo, the one with the Buck spinning the ball on his finger. Classic. I have never been a fan of any version of this possessed looking deer. Then again, uniforms are more important than the logo. I hope they go with a simple, clean look. I think their road reds are their best jersey right now.

The NBA is a really great global brand. That's something I want in my city.

The NBA is completely blowing up worldwide right now, it would be foolish to push them away. It's that simple. And for those saying nobody cares, go back to when we were good around 2001 and it was sold out every night. Even go back to that Fear the Deer run a few years ago and it was sold out every night. Basically, stick Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook in MKE instead of OKC and we'd be sold out every game and considered to have some of the craziest fans. We just need Giannis and Jabari to become stars.

For the logo, I don't like it either. Retro and old school are 'in' right now, simply tweak the old logo with the buck spinning the ball a little bit and go with that one. These new types like this always fizzle out.

All of that is true. I would also add the BC doesn't lend itself to being sold-out every night, and having a crazy loud fan environment. It was built for hockey, and the seats are too far away in the lower bowl. The upper deck is ridiculous. I'm a huge Bucks fan, but won't bother going for even a free ticket in the upper sections of the upper deck. Build a new arena with fan-friendly seating, and it will be more like the old Mecca- only on a larger scale. Also, look at it this way.

MrT reflects the exact same attitude as my Father in Law. He hates downtown for whatever reason, and couldn't care less about the Bucks. Fine, that's you. But that doesn't mean everyone feels that way. I live in the Fox Valley, and there are a lot closet Bucks fans- especially the younger generation.

how exactly are there so many leaks of this logo; what kind of amateurs are in their marketing department. I remember in the past when the bucks changed we had an idea on the color but the logo wasn't out 2 weeks before release.

The pic I posted was on the Bucks twitter feed & the end of the halftime tease video.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Downtown Milwaukee is NOT hard to get around in. Compared to other metro areas, downtown Milwaukee simply isn't that bad, and has some nice areas. People that say they "hate downtown" due to congestion and such are ignoring the fact that most of the business areas in the suburbs are just as much, if not moreso congested as downtown.

I wonder if a new arena is not built the NCAA tournament committee will remove Milwaukee as a host city for the tournament. That will be a bigger loss than the Bucks moving out of Milwaukee.

I wonder if a new arena is not built the NCAA tournament committee will remove Milwaukee as a host city for the tournament. That will be a bigger loss than the Bucks moving out of Milwaukee.

Hosting of the tourney games isn't tied to a new arena if that is what you are getting at. Pretty sure that isn't why they got the bid in the first place.

Hosting of the tourney games isn't tied to a new arena if that is what you are getting at. Pretty sure that isn't why they got the bid in the first place.

You are right but they could eliminate Milwaukee because of the facilities being subpar.

A new arena wouldn't hurt for keeping Milwaukee in the rotation as being a host city for the tournament.

Archived