Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 2)

lcbj68c

I think the difference making big man is a rarity in the league now, and not a necessity.

Neither finals team features one. Rim protection is all that is really needed, anything else is a bonus. As I said earlier in this thread, unfortunately Larry Sanders is the perfect big man for this team.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the difference making big man is a rarity in the league now, and not a necessity.

Neither finals team features one. Rim protection is all that is really needed, anything else is a bonus. As I said earlier in this thread, unfortunately Larry Sanders is the perfect big man for this team.

Harrell reminds me alot of Sanders and should be sitting there at 17

unfortunately Larry Sanders is the perfect big man for this team

He's not. He was perfect on defense, but could not function in the offense. And I'm not talking about scoring, I mean the pick and roll, passing, just an overall flow.

I agree you don't need a classic center to win these days, but I think they do need a center with some bulk and muscle to mix it up with teams that have that type of player. Overall, I love rim protectors. I just think they need a "big" big to go along with those guys.

I think Sanders was what we needed. He was a competent catch dunk guy in his one really good season, man he was aggressive attacking the rim. The last two years he forgot how to catch the ball and couldn't function on offense. He was it but somehow lost it.

Harrell is listed at 6'8 and I'd be shocked if he is even that tall. Undersized PF with character issues, no thanks

I think you sign Middleton even at 15 million. There's no guarantee Carter-Williams ever pans out to the point of needing a max deal (I like him), and heaven forbid what if Parker is not the same after the ACL injury? We do need to keep the future in mind, but Middleton really is a good player & is ascending still, who knows in 2-3 years HE may be the 2nd best player on the team.

Thank goodness I don't let some on here handle my money/investments... People talk and act like giving out 15 million dollars is no big deal and it doesn't matter how good a player is. Middleton on a healthy Bucks team is nothing more than a role player. He's not one of our big 3 that we are building around and developing to take this team to next level. Don't get me wrong, I think he is very important piece, but not if you have to pay him double his worth.

Prior we talked to end of season we all felt he was a 7-8 million player and debated if he was even worth 10...most were very questionable as to if he was even worth that. However now all these rumors pop up with his number going up and up & people are now willing to nearly max him out..... You don't max out role players. You don't clear out all that Ersan money to simply throw it all away on doubling a players worth.....there is no value in that.

Sign Jordan (pipe dream but best case), Lopez, or Chandler. Draft Booker or Hunter to give us another sniper.

I have been against Lopez for some time due to his lack of effort on defense and his inability to grab rebounds or block shots. However, if Kidd thinks he can get that out of him, think with how young this team is and developing....it could be nice to have a 20pt guy down low to feed and take pressure of them as well as free them up more.

Chandler and Jordan are what we need, they fill that Sanders role that we lost except better offensive capabilities.

Really hoping Booker drops but if not, Hunter is the guy I hope for. We just really need another shooter. Moreover, if some team is dumb enough to give 13-15 million to Middleton, well we are prepared to move on

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Sign Jordan (pipe dream but best case), Lopez, or Chandler. Draft Booker or Hunter to give us another sniper.

there is something to be said about maintaining team unity, remember in 2002 when the bucks signed Mason and everything fell apart. I think 15 is too much for middleton, but i don't think i have ever seen a bucks team play as a unit as much as last years team did. there is something to be said about that.

I agree there is something to team unity- especially when you don't have a LeBron or Curry. But that doesn't mean you just keep signing everyone no matter what it takes. Took a while for them to adjust replacing Knight with MCW, not sure they're still quite the same.

As far as targeting a shooter in the draft, I don't know about that. IF they sign Middleton, like it or not, whoever they draft won't be a starter. Parker, Giannis, Middelton, and MCW (or whoever the PG ends up being) are the ones who need to shoot better. You can draft Hunter all you want, but that's pittance compared to the effect you'd get if the starters, the "stars" shoot better- that's where it needs to come from.

I agree with FV, the three starters have to learn how to shoot. However, we'll need a be not shooter to replace mayo after next season so drafting a guy like that could still make sense if the right big isn't there.

The cap is going up almost 33%. 15mil will be about the same as 10 now. Really any starting player going forward will likely make at least 10mil after their rookie contract. Cap will be pushing 100mil to pay only like 8 or 9 guys, then roster filler for near league min

Hunter or Booker don't need to start, they just need a sniper off the bench. I'm all for taking another C/PF if the right one falls to is or we go get Cauley-stein but if not, you can never have enough guys who can shoot at a high clip.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Sorry for the typo last post, don't know what that was.

The more I think about WCS I think they should try to go up and get him, should be exactly what they need. And from what I saw he has good enough hands to catch and dunk. Unless he has some character issues but just do your homework

Oh, I would take Booker for sure- I just don't see any way he will be around at 17. Hunter, I'm not sold on. Just my opinion, I don't pretend to be a draft expert. I would stay away from WCS, just doesn't seem like his personality would fit- but could be wrong. Certainly wouldn't want to throw in more picks or players to get him.

Mocks are interesting. Some have Dekker available, I've seen one that has Kaminsky available. They all have Looney available. Hey, it's a pick at 17 anyone will have flaws but they should be able to get a really good player, maybe even one with Wisc roots.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do factor in the WI roots. With all the PR needed for the arena and to sell tickets. Tons of people got behind that Finals run.

Yea I don't know anything about WCS personality other than he's covered in tats. I've never heard anything about incidents. So hopefully they do the research on him as his game is what they need(well other than getting a complete C like Towns but that isn't happening.

I like either Portis or Grant. Portis fills the role vaccated by Ersan and should be a solid contributor due to his high basketball IQ and motor while Grant would be the perfect 6th man and back up to MCW since I'm not sold on Ennis. Or better yet trade Henson to Boston for #16 and draft both players.

I like either Portis or Grant. Portis fills the role vaccated by Ersan and should be a solid contributor due to his high basketball IQ and motor while Grant would be the perfect 6th man and back up to MCW since I'm not sold on Ennis. Or better yet trade Henson to Boston for #16 and draft both players.

my top 2 choices are Portis or Harrel.

For pure PG, I would take Tyus Jones over Grant. We don't need yet another PG who can't shoot the 3 ball. Plus Jones has more upside, he's so young. In fact, I think we'll back at this draft in a couple years and wonder why Jones wasn't a lottery pick. Not sold on Hunter, seems he's already at his ceiling. Big time scorer, but on a team where he had to be. Can you imagine what Jones would have scored on that team?

At the 4, I would take Portis, don't want Harrel. So I guess I would take Dekker or Frank if they're around, then Portis, then either Jones or Looney.

A while ago I looked up players from the last draft who were taken around where the Buck pick this time, and for the most part they all went to the D-League. So as much as I'd like to plug up this or that hole with a draft pick, I'll be happy enough if the guy ends up being a contributor off the bench.

Giannis was drafted 15th still. I think its possible to get a good player. The issue with the draft is most players that come out are not ready to contribute right away and should have stayed in college another season or 2.

I disagree, they should come out and either get paid money in the NBA or overseas rather than play for free. Just look how many people declare for the draft knowing they have no shot in the NBA, they just want to go Europe and get paid rather than sitting through classes they don't care about and playing for free while risking injury.

I disagree, they should come out and either get paid money in the NBA or overseas rather than play for free. Just look how many people declare for the draft knowing they have no shot in the NBA, they just want to go Europe and get paid rather than sitting through classes they don't care about and playing for free while risking injury.

i probably wasn't clear. i agree that if an NBA or Euro team will give you millions of dollars, you should take it. you could get injured and loose it all. My point that very few of these players are ready to contribute their rookie season, so they are of little help to the teams that are paying them

A while ago I looked up players from the last draft who were taken around where the Buck pick this time, and for the most part they all went to the D-League. So as much as I'd like to plug up this or that hole with a draft pick, I'll be happy enough if the guy ends up being a contributor off the bench.

That's just one year. But you're right, 17 is an area of any draft that is far from a lock of getting a solid contributor or better. Last year it just so happened that teams that picked around the 15-20 area took guys who weren't ready but had higher ceilings. Just like the MLB draft, you can take college guys or HS guys with higher upside.

Looney and Harrell are examples of a guy who will need development, while someone like Portis will be able to play right away.

-----

Continued here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=32909

Feel free to continue any discussion in the new topic.

Archived