Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 2)

lcbj68c
Cauley-Stine flopping would be based purely on offensive expectations. Barring injury, he will keep a job for a long time as a defender. If he develops any offense, that is the cherry on top. I'd love to see us trade up for Kaminsky, he's not the rim defender we need, but he'd be a helluva stretch 4 in Kidd's offense.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So..... in 3 years, when Parker is restricted FA, if he gets a 3 year offer, Bucks can match and Parker stays with the Bucks for three more years or would it just be one year at the avg rate per year of the offered deal?

For clarity of the Free agency rules, how about if multiple teams offer, some offering a shorter deal and others a bit longer for Parker, do the Bucks have to match the best one? How is the best one determined? If one is 3 years for 17 million a year and the other is 15 a year for 4 years, what is the deal the Bucks have to match?

How about if Parker is not offered a contract from another team and the Bucks cannot get him signed to a long term deal after his first four years with the team I read that if this plays out, the Bucks could have him for another year, sort of on their terms, with a percent salary increase, for one more year. Then, however, he could hit FA as unrestricted. If this is true, wouldn't it be in the Bucks best interests to get another team to offer a long contract so the Bucks could match it after Parker's first four years?

If someone could indulge me and set me straight with all of these questions. I would appreciate it.... Thanks.

Here's the basics:

Lets say that Parker finishes his 4th year with the Bucks, and is a restricted free agent.

Here are his options:

1) Sign a 5 year deal (or any length deal up to 5 years) with the Bucks.

2) Sign an offer sheet of up to 4 years with any other team. He can only sign ONE offer sheet. This is a contract with that team. The Bucks then have the option to match that offer sheet exactly, and retain Parker's rights. (This is what recently happened with Jeff Teague & Atlanta (ATL matched the offer sheet), when the Bucks tried to sign him).

3) Play out his 5th season on the Qualifying Offer (much less money compared to a MAX deal) and then become an unrestricted free agent. There hasn't ever been a guy who was in line for a significant raise who took the QO, except maybe Ben Gordon, 7 years ago.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Greg Monroe did it last year and Bledsoe almost did last year. Signed at the last minute when PHX caved. If Giannis and Jabari are legit they'll do their best to lock both up the offseason before it gets to that point, most 'no brainer' ones (Davis, Durant etc.) get done before that year. The borderline guys (knight, teague, bledsoe, monroe, etc.) usually don't because the team wants to see another year out of them.

I just looked at some mocks for the first time in a while. Initial reaction is this year's draft is almost as good through most of the 1st round as last year's draft.

Trading up for Stein isn't an option, he's going to go around 5-7, and I don't see how the Bucks can move up that far without giving up a lot. I do think it could make sense for them to trade up a few spots to get Booker- probably the best pure shooter in the draft. That would take what? A couple of 2nd rounders plus the 17th pick? That would be something worth considering.

If they stick at 17, there are some really nice options that could be there. Portis, RJ Hunter, Looney, Tyus Jones. I would be fine with any of those guys. Preference is probably about in that order. A lot of people are down on Looney, but he is another freak- just needs the proper coaching in my opinion.

I think the bucks 2 greatest needs this offseason are a inside and outside player that can shoot:

Some mock drafts i have seen today have trey lyles falling to the bucks; i'd love this. I also like Bobby Portis as backup option. While i am not a badger fan, Kaminsky kind of fills that role, but i can't see how he will be able to play inside the paint at the NBA level.

Other options that intrigue me are Montrezel Harrel, Kevin Looney, and Tyus Jones.

I'm really intrigued by Tyus Jones. For a true freshman he looked outstanding, just quicker than anyone on the floor. I realize I probably saw his two best games of the season, but again - he was a true freshman.

A guy I'd love to see as their 2nd round pick who, very surprisingly, isn't getting mentioned in mock drafts at all is Oregon's Joseph Young. The knock on him is that he's short for a 2-guard; if he were 3" taller I'd bet he would be a lottery pick. Watching him play this past year, he reminded me a lot of another 6'2" shooting guard who was a 2nd round pick and has gone on to have one heckuva career.

The other 2nd rounder is Alan Williams of UCSB who is a little short for a PF, but he led the NCAA in rebounding this year and at 6'8", 265, no one is going to push him around down low.

I think the bucks 2 greatest needs this offseason are a inside and outside player that can shoot

That may be true, but it should have nothing to do with the draft. It may be cliché, but they really do need to pick the best player available. They can't worry about trying to find a shooter, that's when you reach. If, for example, they think Looney is the best player at 17, you take him.

The Bucks are still young, and they should be drafting the best possible talent they can. Either the piece fits, or it doesn't and you trade that player later on. But if you really are drafting the best possible talent, you win either way.

Or, as I said earlier, if they really want a shooter they can trade up and get the best shooter in the draft- Booker. That would be fine, because they would be taking him in the slot he should be picked, not reaching.

Signing Robin Lopez for 4 years and $10-12M per would be a good investement and a great complimentary starter to our core four and at 27 should maintain value throughout the contract. He can defend the pick and roll, is a good passer and doesn't require the ball on offense. MCW, Middleton, Parker, Giannis and RoLo would be a solid starting five going forward.

I disagree on two of your points on Lopez. He's know as a bad defender especially against P&R. He's a post up guy, that means he requires the ball on offense. That being said, I agree with your price point and would understand that move. I would be worried about the 4th year with his foot problems but since he's giving a reasonable yearly price I see how it's fair.

Oh yea I did mean Brooks Lopez as that's who was discussed earlier in the thread, didn't catch that you changed it up to his bro. Yea Robin is your typical D and energy big guy. Could bring him and Wes Matthews in together as they need the shooting. I'd rather just roll with the draft again this year and try to fill some gaps next offseason than spending 40 mil on just a serviceable player like Robin Lopez

saw these on real gm, poster says that these are believed to be close to what will be unveiled on Saturday, i like them. I hear that Parker leaked that the bucks will have a blue collar though. These look pretty close to the bucks uniforms of the early 90's

d40fc23b137dc81c2fe89e98aba15316.jpg

I don't want black, shirts, or the rumored jersey with the state logo only on the front (similar to golden state now)

I like the classic look of the those jerseys with a blue or cream alternative.

EDIT: by the way Atlanta announced that they will be unveiling the most modern, cutting edge jerseys ever in the NBA, I'm expecting them to be awful.

I wouldn't mind an alternate with the state of WI on it, depends how it would be done. Maybe it could be muted a little. Since that light blue seems to be inching into their color scheme, maybe that color will be their alternates too. (Which, again, could look cool if they do it right.) But I agree, no black please.

Alternate Blue would be a great idea. I wouldn't mind some blue piping on both home and away jerseys, but maybe blue warm-ups would be enough.

I too wouldn't mind a muted version of what GS does for their alternate...but please....no sleeves!

Oh, I also agree that what the Hawks come up with will be brutal.

I'd like to make the outrageous statement that I've been thinking about the idea of trading Jabari Parker to the 76ers for the #3 to draft D'Angelo Russell. He really looks like a stud in the making and would make our team much better. Flip MCW to someone for a C or a draft pick and we're in business. Talk me off the ledge.

I disagree, Parker is a guy who you build your franchise around, plus he wants to be in Milwaukee. Same thing with Giannis. With MCW, the bucks do not know for sure what they have. i love the idea of having a 6'6" point guard. Besides the draft picks, i would try to keep the team close to the same and see what happens.

He really looks like a stud in the making and would make our team much better.

One could certainly say the same thing about Parker. Even better, one can say that about Parker after seeing him play pro ball. You really have to cross your fingers on draft picks that they don't totally bust out immediately, even such high picks. And as Patrick said, Parker is from Chicago, so the probability of the Bucks being able to retain him long-term are at least a little better.

What sort of Center or draft pick could we really get for MCW, though? I don't think anyone's giving up chance at drafting Townes or Okafor or Mudiay to get MCW and a non-lottery draft pick. And then we'll be out a passer.

Archived