Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 2)

lcbj68c

I'm sitting in the arena in Salt Lake and I'm almost considering walking out. I've never seen a more uninspired group of play than this Milwaukee group. 30 turnovers at the half in this one. And not a single reaction by Jason Kidd. Their season must be all smoke and mirrors. I don't see how they are 5+ .500.

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=931710#p931710

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=31570

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've played three games in four days, five games in seven days and six games in nine days, with games on two consecutive days on the road. Prolly a little tired.

Not to mention an adjustment period with two entirely different types of point guards. Patience...they'll figure it out.

I don't think I'd give up Mayo and a 1st Rounder for Stauskus. Yes he's was a higher pic than what that Clips pick will be but he's so far been a disaster this season and around the deadline it seemed like Sacramento was begging to give him away. I'd still take a flyer on him and hope for the best, I just feel like Sacramento wouldn't need that much to give him up. If Mayo were willing to stick around here on less money I'd love to have him back, assuming his attitude/effort keep up all the way through next season. I highly doubt he'll pull 8 mil/year on the market at this point. If they don't want him back though he'd be a great guy to flip at next years deadline, hope you can get a late first rounder from a contender.

Sanders checked himself into a hospital. Either he's really willing to go to great lengths to dupe the Bucks into giving him $19million or he's actually battling mental illness.

Yea, if he really was about the money, he could have just showed up and do nothing until the Bucks were forced to cut him and pay him the entire amount.

Not to mention an adjustment period with two entirely different types of point guards. Patience...they'll figure it out.

No they won't. Not until they add players that can score. Knight was the only guy who could create his own scoring (with the exception of Giannis or Mayo at times.) They have nobody who can put the team on his shoulders and score 25-30. Plus, not sure how long Dudley is out, but he was one of the few 3 point threats. Now they have a bunch of long guys who are very good players in a lot of ways- but not scorers. Certainly not shooters.

Long term, this may still have been a good move. But like I said from the beginning, this will really hurt the team the rest of this season.

No they won't. Not until they add players that can score. Knight was the only guy who could create his own scoring (with the exception of Giannis or Mayo at times.) They have nobody who can put the team on his shoulders and score 25-30. Plus, not sure how long Dudley is out, but he was one of the few 3 point threats. Now they have a bunch of long guys who are very good players in a lot of ways- but not scorers. Certainly not shooters.

Long term, this may still have been a good move. But like I said from the beginning, this will really hurt the team the rest of this season.

They need Ersan to (continue) to produce like he has the past few games, and for Mayo/Middleton to pick it up. Denver is a better team than their record indicates, Shaw was a turrible coach...just ask David West. As for Utah and the Lakers though I don't have an explanation other than they were bad losses.

I don't think it's time to hit the panic button by any means, their Defense has struggled as well...if that struggles we don't stand a chance WITH or WITHOUT Knight. It absolutely is an adjustment period...and if we want to see if Middleton is going to become a legit starter (or just a great 6th man) this is how we find out...it's just a matter of whether it takes a month or until next season. Barring a Brewers-like historic collapse, we're watching playoff basketball regardless (+6 on 9th place), and that would be a great accomplishment for this team considering what the expectations were.

Sure seems to me that the Bucks are fading and fading fast. They just lost 3 straight road games to pretty crappy teams and now get to face Golden State. I trust that the trade was done for the long term; but right now the team is struggling. Giannis had a good game though.

I predicted 5 total wins post trade. Anytime this franchise gets any kind of good vibe going, you just know that the front office will mess it up. Before the long term benefits of this deal kick in, I have no doubt that management will have screwed up elsewhere.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I predicted 5 total wins post trade. Anytime this franchise gets any kind of good vibe going, you just know that the front office will mess it up. Before the long term benefits of this deal kick in, I have no doubt that management will have screwed up elsewhere.

They were most likely a playoff team that might have won three games in their first series. Now they are a playoff team that might win a game in their first series.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This is why the NBA needs to adopt some type of free agent loss compensation like the NFL and MLB have done. Sure, teams have the right to make the largest offer, but all that does is force teams to potentially overpay free agents. That only makes bad teams worse. The Bucks felt that they were in a position where their options were a) overpay Brandon Knight to stay, or b) lose him as a free agent for nothing. Neither is a way to build a franchise.

If the Bucks could have gotten some type of compensation for Knight if they couldn't resign him they might have held on to him. Not sure exactly what that would look like but it could easily be like baseball and based on the size of the contract that player signed (i.e., if it were among the top ___% of players on a per-year basis it would be a first round pick and the top 5 picks would be protected, if it were among the top ___% of players on a per-year basis it would be a first-round pick lottery-protected, otherwise it is a 2nd round pick).

Best of luck to Larry Sanders, I dont follow the Bucks much, but for anyone at his age to walk away from 20 million dollars for his own personal health... good for him. I dont know the extent of his mental illness, but having family that struggles with depression, anxiety and mood disorders, I really do hope the best for him. It is extremely difficult to own your illness, and it seems like he is and is taking it head on.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• 2 weeks later...
Khris Middleton is turning into a real nice player. With last night's win, somehow, the Bucks are locking into the #5 seed.

They are predicting he will sign for $7-8M per year but I really believe some team will offer him $9-10M per based on his post trade production. They really need to shed some salary this offseason (i.e. Ilyasova, Mayo and/or Pachullia) to make a run at a solid center. The class in 2015 is much deeper than the one in 2016 which should bring some of their asking prices down. Personally, I would target, Greg Monroe, Robin Lopez, and/or Tyson Chandler depending on asking price. They should be able to afford $14-16M per year IF they can trade away one or more of the previously mentioned trade candidates.

It looks like the arena financing plan is iffy. With the new rule in Obama's budget prohibiting public financing for arenas/stadiums and that the state legislature is skeptical of Walker's plan, the Bucks may have to find another way to get the place built.

Khris Middleton is turning into a real nice player. With last night's win, somehow, the Bucks are locking into the #5 seed.

They are predicting he will sign for $7-8M per year but I really believe some team will offer him $9-10M per based on his post trade production.

The Bucks best case with Middleton is likely in the 9-10 million per range. He's got great size for a SG, is a great defender, and is an upper tier shooter. He's going to get paid well by the Bucks or someone else.

Middleton is good but he needs to find a way to score consistently. He has ability to disappear and not be as aggressive. He has the shooting talent around the ability of Michael Redd....the difference is Redd thrived on that ability while Middleton hasn't built that type of confidence yet. I think he wants to be a Buck and part of the youth movement, I hope that is enough to keep him around the 7-8 million range....really that's what we pay Mayo already.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Redd certainly was a more talented scorer than Middleton is, but Middleton is a vastly superior defender. He's going to get offered more than 7-8 million per in restricted free agency if the Bucks don't lock him up first. Guys who defend like he does and offer spacing on offense have lots of value in today's NBA.

• 2 weeks later...

http://behindthebuckpass.com/2015/03/29/green-green-growing-potential-new-colors-milwaukee-bucks-jerseys/

bucks are set to make an announcement tomorrow regarding their new jersey colors;

If it turns out to be blue, silver, and cream, i would most likely not be a fan, doesn't fit the nickname "bucks" (just like the memphis grizzlies doesn't seem to fit)

I still am wondering if this will be some sort of April fools joke, but i doubt it.

Really hoping for double green, green and white, or orange / green. (in that order)

Archived