Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-28 Twins (Milone) at Brewers (Fiers), 1:10 PM (Brewers win 5-3, K-Rod makes it interesting in ninth)

1992casey
Looking at Box score, it's just asinine that the Leadoff Segura goes 0-4 and see a total of 9pitches. Sorry failure at your job. Should spend the next series batting 9th behind the pitcher as a deterrent to having 0 patience as the Leadoff batter. Now if he had at least 2 hits, okay then on seeing 9pitches. But to me in 4 PAs as a leadoff you have to have at least 1 AB last 5pitches if not 6. And if you swing at the first pitch it should be a hit or a line drive that turned in to an out.

A guy like Parra, Peterson, heck even Perez are giving great at bats, racking up pitch counts and actually hitting.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looking at Box score, it's just asinine that the Leadoff Segura goes 0-4 and see a total of 9pitches. Sorry failure at your job. Should spend the next series batting 9th behind the pitcher as a deterrent to having 0 patience as the Leadoff batter. Now if he had at least 2 hits, okay then on seeing 9pitches. But to me in 4 PAs as a leadoff you have to have at least 1 AB last 5pitches if not 6. And if you swing at the first pitch it should be a hit or a line drive that turned in to an out.

Don't forget, he also swung at three or four pitches that were at least 8" outside the strike zone!

I know it's hard with these Latin players because of the old saying, "You don't walk your way off the island." But the Brewers need to reinforce that it's better to strike out looking on a pitch that is on the corner than it is to strike out (or hit a weak grounder) on a pitch that is 8" (or more) off the plate. If you swing at stuff that is far off the plate you'll make an out 98% of the time (you'll get lucky occasionally). But if you give the edge of the plate, you'll walk at least 10% of the time and by seeing more pitches you'll increase the chances of the pitcher making a mistake that you can drive. I know that falls under the category of, "Way, way easier said than done", but it's the reinforcement of the philosophy that's important.

Got to love how Directv gives us the Twins feed at the opening and then someone realized oh those wisconsin people probably want the brewers feed. smh

It wasn't just Direct TV. It happened on TWC here in Green Bay.

If it were one run then fine, but this time it was 3 hits, with a 2 run homer, and a walk. K-Rod basically was worse than Fiers entire 7 innings of work in one inning.

You've gotta be kidding me? The dude has been lights out the entire season. People complain, just to complain. If you don't like him, fine, but he's earned his paycheck this season and there's no debating that.

No kidding. It hasn't been a fun season but why in the hell can't we enjoy a win against a contending team once in a while? :rolleyes

The only guy on our roster who resembles a lead off hitter is Parra. I hope he's back there again tonight.

Archived