Brewer Fanatic

Giancarlo Stanton has a Broken Hand

splitterpfj

Sucks for me, 4 games out of first place in my league, with him as one of my three outfielders. Another of my three, Adam Jones, is likely going on the DL tomorrow after missing 8 of the last 10 games. I'd have dropped him long ago, but Yahoo (and my league commish, in his "infinite wisdom", believe they have to tell me who I can and cannot drop on my team. So, now I'm stuck with two big black holes on my team until I can move them to the DL).
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Back in FL where I live we see every Marlin game and Stanton is my favorite player in the league so I am disappointed he got hurt. :( How long will he be out?

Fantasy lists him at 4-6weeks

Sucks for me, 4 games out of first place in my league, with him as one of my three outfielders. Another of my three, Adam Jones, is likely going on the DL tomorrow after missing 8 of the last 10 games. I'd have dropped him long ago, but Yahoo (and my league commish, in his "infinite wisdom", believe they have to tell me who I can and cannot drop on my team. So, now I'm stuck with two big black holes on my team until I can move them to the DL).

I'm in first handedly in a 2division League. Less than 3-5games separate me from the other division Leader but we're 10+ up on 2nd in that division. I'm trying to acquire Stanton for a Playoff run, offering up Puig+Crawford for Stanton dumping Marcus Semien who Crawford would replace. No decision yet.

May consider making that kind of trade acquiring a healthy player to continue running at the Playoffs, vs keeping Stanton because he'd be important for the playoffs, but with his replacement player you lose so many games you end up not making the playoffs making it a moot point.

Of course the man who has Stanton in my League is about 23games back or so the loss is most certainly hurting his Playoff chances the slim ones it appears at the moment. Hoping he'll jump to revive the team's chances vs. giving up on the season and keeping Stanton's 2nd rd value he owns him at. (Puig is of 17th rd for me when kept)

Archived