Brewer Fanatic

Rosenthal: Neal Cotts May be In Demand

Gomez and Cotts for Kepler, Kohl Stewart and Alex Meyer is my guess on what could occur if the two teams go big on a deal

I don't think I'd want Meyer. He's got good stuff but he has control issues. The Brewers, for whatever reason, just have not been able to work with these types of pitchers to harness their control. I'd much rather take someone who doesn't throw as hard, or even has less stuff, but that can control his pitches. Swap Meyer for Berrios and I'm on board.

+1. In order to give up a year and a half of cheaply signed Gomez i would need someone a little better than Meyer.

Not sure if the twins would give up Berrios but thats what it would take for me to get on board.

I am too lazy to look it up but what are comp trades for a lights out lefty reliever to a play off team?

Id think its pretty decent.

The Red Sox got a pretty good pitcher in Eduardo Rodriguez last year from the Orioles for Andrew Miller. Rodriguez was the Orioles #3 prospect. Cotts hasn't been as lights out as Miller was and his salary is a little more. I'm actually surprised the O's gave up that much for Miller. I would be happy with just about any prospect for Cotts, let alone a top 10.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I am too lazy to look it up but what are comp trades for a lights out lefty reliever to a play off team?

Id think its pretty decent.

The Red Sox got a pretty good pitcher in Eduardo Rodriguez last year from the Orioles for Andrew Miller. Rodriguez was the Orioles #3 prospect. Cotts hasn't been as lights out as Miller was and his salary is a little more. I'm actually surprised the O's gave up that much for Miller. I would be happy with just about any prospect for Cotts, let alone a top 10.

This sounds about right. I'd expect a top 3-6 prospect from a team for Cotts. I think Nicky D was the O's #5 at the time of the KRod trade?

Last 28 days, Cotts is a 581 OPS, last 14 345 OPS.

Good signing by Melvin.

Andrew Miller had 69 K's in 42 IP for Boston last year and a 2.34 ERA.

No way is Cotts comparable to that. Miller was high leverage late inning guy with 13 holds for Boston pre-trade. Cotts for the most part has been used when Brewers were behind and has just 2 holds.

Cotts has some value, but nothing approaching what Miller had.

Andrew Miller had 69 K's in 42 IP for Boston last year and a 2.34 ERA.

No way is Cotts comparable to that. Miller was high leverage late inning guy with 13 holds for Boston pre-trade. Cotts for the most part has been used when Brewers were behind and has just 2 holds.

Cotts has some value, but nothing approaching what Miller had.

Miller was elite, no doubt.

But it is still about supply and demand. Cotts has been a shut down lefty the last month and there arent too many like that on the market. Id expect a very good return, though not quite the Miller level.

Archived