Brewer Fanatic

Ten years ago (June 25, 2005)

hawing

You know how some things make you notice the passage of time more than others?

Remember that epic game with the Twins where Rickie and Prince each hit their first big-league dingers? It was a Brewerfan Fan Fest night and a bunch of us sat in the field bleachers? Recent draftee Ryan Braun made an early visit to his future ballpark?

Ten years ago tonight. I don't even know what smilie to add here.

http://peninsulaclarion.com/images/062605/9420_256.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250625108

And the IGT:

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6279&

Good times never seemed so good. :)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If memory serves me well, that was a hat give-away night as well. I remember being there up next to God in the last row of the terrace section way out in left field.

Yup, a gold Barrelman cap. I still have mine and I bring it out for special occasions. With the Twins here this weekend, I might wear it then.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have no idea why, but I basically became a Brewers fan at random on opening day in 2004 when I decided to turn on the game. Having watched literally zero start-to-finish Brewers games before that season, I would guess I found a way to watch or listen to nearly 1,000 innings of Brewers baseball that season.

Watching them implode that season wasn't so bad; I was still learning the intricacies of the game and enjoying learning about the league, the players, the metrics, etc.

The 2005 season was probably my favorite season of Brewers baseball since becoming a fan, knowing that the team was solid, and only going to get better as guys like Weeks, Fielder, and that Canadian singer guy made their way into the lineup. Oh, and next year, Sheets will stay healthy. I watched that game against the Twins, and later would see Fielder hit a 2-run walk-off vs. the Pirates (while proudly sporting my Derrick Turnbow shirsey -- closer WOAH SOLVDD).

I miss those days of foolish optimism.

Sutton had one of my favorite tv baseball calls that night. Not "prince now but will be a king" or something like that. Rather, it was after a double off the wall by somebody... The line ended with "Gets the job done!" I have the video on VHS... Gonna have to pull that one out.

I miss the Buckethead Brigade, as well, some nights.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sutton had one of my favorite tv baseball calls that night. Not "prince now but will be a king" or something like that.

He actually says it after the Prince home run which has been linked to earlier in the thread.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Still a top 5 game I have ever been to in person. It was kind of the coming out party for the Brewers. Rickie and Prince each hit their first HR, Braun doing an interview on TV after draft/signing, beat the best pitcher in the game at that point and it came during their first non-losing season since 92'. Make me remember how much I enjoyed the 04' and 05' seasons even though the team was not really contending. Still had lots to be excited about.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I was at this an as mentioned above the "Eddie hits the pole" game. While there were only about 20,000 people there that afternoon, Miller Park had tremors of awesomeness that day! I then drank copious amount of beer. We also were blessed by Brooks striking out Junior that day. So much fun!

Archived