Brewer Fanatic

Parra to Giants

I will stop until the point the Giants or whatever team gets him extends him a QO. Then I will bring it up again.

Good we never have to hear it again because even if a mentally handicapped GM wanted to offer him a QO they couldn't. You can't offer a QO to someone traded midseason.

Actually you can offer a QO to any player. The rules only state if there is compensation or not.

I will stop until the point the Giants or whatever team gets him extends him a QO. Then I will bring it up again.

Good we never have to hear it again because even if a mentally handicapped GM wanted to offer him a QO they couldn't. You can't offer a QO to someone traded midseason.

Actually you can offer a QO to any player. The rules only state if there is compensation or not.

And there is no point to offer a QO if you can't get compensation. At least I can't think of one.

Hey genius, I.

No point reading a post that starts out like this. Posts like this are why I post here a lot less than I used to. If you can't refrain from posting without name calling, don't bother to post at all.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hey genius, I.

No point reading a post that starts out like this. Posts like this are why I post here a lot less than I used to. If you can't refrain from posting without name calling, don't bother to post at all.

I took offense to what Bill Hall Star said. Essentially as I read him from he wrote, this entire threads of Transactions/Rumors need to be erased because trades are pointless. Since the Post Season success can't be deemed 100%. No trades should be made. He may as well never step foot in to these rumors again with that assumption. His first line of sentencing was more damning than just putting Hey Genius.

And there is no point to offer a QO if you can't get compensation. At least I can't think of one.

There really isn't any value to it but if a team got lazy and decided to just offer a QO instead of putting forth an offer to the player it would have a point to it. It would be the same as the team offering a 1-year contract at the QO to the player. This would also force the player to accept it or decline it and allow the team to move forward sooner than just offering the player a contract.

I guess getting Okert back from SF might be a bit too much...even if he is a LHRP. Per MLB.com, "Okert showed enough promise as a starter to get drafted twice by the Brewers out of Grayson County (Texas) CC, but he really found his niche when he transferred to Oklahoma and moved to the bullpen in 2012."

Drafted twice...someone in house has to like him...

I'd package Parra and another for Okert and let Knebel and Okert deal through their Arby years.

Okert is not too much for Parra. Not at all. Id be concerned if that is all we got back for him.

Parra has to be one of the top 3-5 trade chips right now of those that are clearly on the move.

Archived