Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-19 Brewers (Jungmann) at Rockies (de la Rosa), 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 19 | 7:40 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (24-44)

Rockies (28-38)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/rockies.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_jungmann-taylor3.jpgrockies-2015_delarosa-jorge.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 2.25 ERA, 1.08 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]In what was only his second Major League start, Jungmann pitched five innings, allowing seven hits and two runs while striking out five Nationals. He’s 1-1 with a 2.25 ERA in his young career.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jorge de la Rosa[/pitcher][h2]4-2, 4.91 ERA, 1.41 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]De la Rosa held the Marlins — who had pounded other Rockies pitchers — to one run in seven innings Sunday and is 4-0 with a 2.56 ERA in his last five starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jean Segura ®
  2. CF Gerardo Parra (L)
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. 1B Jason Rogers ®
  7. LF Shane Peterson (L)
  8. 2B Hernán Pérez ®
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Charlie Blackmon (L)
  2. 2B DJ LeMahieu ®
  3. SS Troy Tulowitzki ®
  4. RF Carlos González (L)
  5. 3B Nolan Arenado ®
  6. 1B Ben Paulsen (L)
  7. C Nick Hundley ®
  8. LF Brandon Barnes ®
  9. LHP Jorge de la Rosa (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

SS Jean Segura

CF Gerardo Parra

RF Ryan Braun

C Jonathan Lucroy

3B Aramis Ramirez

1B Jason Rogers

LF Shane Peterson

2B Hernan Perez

RHP Taylor Jungmann

Put Gomez on the DL already. Geez.

Finally, Braun uncorks one. #14. Need him to get hot.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Jungman if he finds that constant 3rd pitch he could be really good.

I was really pleased with him tonight and he wasn't all that bad in his last start. He just ran into a pitcher who was unreal. If he can develop a chance of pace pitch he'll be a real find for us.

Jungman if he finds that constant 3rd pitch he could be really good.

I doubt that as there's too much left to right and right to left movement in his delivery to ever have pinpoint control.

His stuff isn't that great either, probably MLB average from what I've seen watching parts of all 3 games now.

He could maybe be a #3 if his stuff improves but I think he'll end up like a Dave Bush type... very steady, 4ish ERA, around 6 innings per start.

He's funky enough that it will take teams a while to get a book on him and then when they do I think you'll see him level off the same way Fiers did. He went from an exaggerated short stride in college to striding way across to his arm side and then rounding back towards 1st now. It's the most extreme example of pitching against the grain that I've seen in a long time, it's just weird to look at.

I think if he simplified that delivery and allowed his body a much more natural and straightforward path to the plate his control would be much better and he'd legitimately be a 3 right now. I think that funk which originally helps pitchers eventually becomes their downfall when teams start adjusting, a name that everyone would know would be Dontrelle Willis. After that first year Willis had a harder time striking guys out and teams got better and better at avoiding his stuff out of the zone so by his 3rd full season his BB started ascending and by age 25 he was done as an effective starter. His decline was shockingly abrupt, it took just 2 years go from being an All-Star to a 5th starter, and he never threw more than 76 innings in a single season again.

Those funky deliveries can create deception, but deception only gets you so far, and isn't a permanent plus. At some point pitchers need to be able to effectively mix their pitches for strikes, because batters will eventually adjust to a deceptive delivery.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived