Brewer Fanatic

Gomez and K-Rod to Toronto idea

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gomez, K-Rod and Fiers for Hoffman, Norris and Pentecost. Something like that would be fun.

I'd be OK with this.

Norris and Hoffman both have ace potential.

Pentecost would fill the organizational black hole at the catcher position.

I try not to get excited about Fiers and his possible return, but not so great pitchers can get great returns. Samardzija/Hamels brought back a giant haul and we once traded a legit prospect for 2 years of a #3.

Maybe Pentecost to prepare for the enevitable Lucroy trade. Pentecost while injured should move through the minors pretty fast. Did well in 107 at-bats in Single-A.

Pompey seems like a bit of a reach...but it wouldn't be the first time the Blue Jays overpay for a guy. Fiers would probably be better than RA Dickey ever was for them.

Verified Member
I would be disappointed if the return was less than a guy like Pompey. Over 335 IP, Fiers has a 9.2 K/9, 2.8 BB/9, and 3.67 ERA. He's under team control for four more seasons. Yeah he's old and was not a top prospect, but he still has tremendous value.

I like Fiers a lot, but at 30, this may be the highest his trade value gets. If we can nab one of the Jays top 5 and another lower prospect or two, it'd be a great deal for Milwaukee.

Also, had Doug traded with anyone more frequently than the Jays in his tenure?

I like Fiers a lot, but at 30, this may be the highest his trade value gets. If we can nab one of the Jays top 5 and another lower prospect or two, it'd be a great deal for Milwaukee.

Texas Rangers, maybe?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The Cueto package will help set the market pricing for starting pitchers. I'm interested to see what comes back as far as a Fiers move expectation. So far the Kazmir deal has me thinking its a buyers market.

TOR really needs to justify that Dickey trade, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are in go-for-it mode. Sanchez just returned from the DL but has been put in the pen to strengthen it. Not sure why TOR doesn't go for a reliever.

For some reason they kept Castro on the team out of spring training, so they've already started the clock on him. Just two options left now, and with him being a bit wild this year may want to trade him. He'd have to be ready to stay by 2018, but at 20 years old, 6'5", and throwing mid-upper 90's I'd take him. Castro plus Reid-Foley for Fiers?

If that's too much I might take Matt Smoral, a 2012 first round comp pick of the Jays, and Angel Perdomo, a 6'6" 20 yr old LHP instead of Reid-Foley. Perdomo has looked really good in rookie ball this year with good command; Smoral has struggled with command so the Jays might be more willing to move him, but he has very good K rates. Both guys are a ways off so maybe DM can talk the Jays into throwing both of them in.

All four of those guys (Castro, Reid-Foley, Smoral, Perdomo) for Fiers + K-Rod?

It is a buyer's market...but then again Fiers is in a league of his own. If you want a mid rotation arm with MANY years of CHEAP control that list is very short. If you want a rental of some sort then yah the list is long and a buyer's market.

Texas Rangers, maybe?

I don't think he traded with the Rangers much. Just picked hem up off waivers.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hoffman has buoyed into a top-20 arm already post-injury. I'm betting they would still balk at trading Hoffman unless Lucroy was included.

Toronto has less than no need for Lucroy.

Toronto as a trade partner thinking back, is an exciting team to be working with. Especially if they want Mike Fiers now. Toronto got rid of TDA/Syndergaard/Nicolino prospects like that previously. TDA was a top 10 prospect. Toronto parted with him and didn't blink. Theres no chance in my mind Fiers is worthy to ask for Hoffman. Hoffman has to be on the untouchable list that may only be of 1..himself.

You have every other prospect available for Fiers. The trade should in my opinion include Sein-Reid Foley. He's the #2 of 2 or 3 total prospects you get in return for Fiers. Foley to me reads as your expected Fiers quality return back in prospect.

Just a lot of potential by Toronto's prospects with Milw's available players where the club could clean up on quality prospects. Take all of the best for Krod, Fiers, and Gomez. They have the strength in prospects to do it. Brewers get back Norris, Pompey, Hoffman, Foley plus 2 others I'd expect.

And no, I'm not trading for Pentecost at the moment....my personal Catcher pricing.

The Brewers would enter 2016 with Peralta, Nelson, Norris, Jungmann, and Garza/#5. And the main 4 would be there for another 3seasons. Pompey takes CF immediately. Hoffman/Foley are prizes to come like Syndergaard was.

Archived