Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-18 Brewers (Nelson) at Royals (Guthrie), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 3-2]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 18 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (24-43)

Royals (37-25)[/h2][h3]FS1 | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/royals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_nelson-jimmy3.jpgroyals-2015_guthrie-jeremy.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]3-7, 4.60 ERA, 1.29 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]The inconsistency which has defined Nelson’s first full season in the majors has begun to grate. “It is just unacceptable,” nelson said. “I just have to be more consistent. I have to be better.”[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jeremy Guthrie[/pitcher][h2]4-4, 5.79 ERA, 1.52 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Guthrie would have earned the win in his last start had the Royals’ bullpen not allowed two runs against the Rangers. Since his 11 run Yankees outing, Guthrie has looked on track, giving up just three runs and five hits in his past two starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Gerardo Parra (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. DH Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. LF Shane Peterson (L)
  9. 3B Hernán Pérez ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Alcides Escobar ®
  2. 3B Mike Moustakas (L)
  3. CF Lorenzo Cain ®
  4. 1B Eric Hosmer (L)
  5. DH Kendrys Morales (S)
  6. LF Alex Gordon (L)
  7. C Salvador Pérez ®
  8. RF Alex Ríos ®
  9. 2B Omar Infante ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The TV coverage has been corrected in the lead. The game is on Fox Sports 1 rather than FSWI.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

We all come down hard on Lohse and garza for their pitching woes but Nelson has been just as bad and they have to start thinking if he should be sent down.

He has had two really bad starts that inflated his ERA(one good start between them). Sending him down would be a pretty bad idea and quite the overreaction. I see no point in sending him down.

Another disappointing start. I also don't think sending Nelson down will accomplish much. Why do I feel like if he and Wily Peralta were pitching in St. Louis or Atlanta or ??? they'd be classified as two of the best young pitchers in the game. It's frustrating with those two because you see the stuff and (I) wonder what team they'll be on when 'it clicks' for them.

Another disappointing start. I also don't think sending Nelson down will accomplish much. Why do I feel like if he and Wily Peralta were pitching in St. Louis or Atlanta or ??? they'd be classified as two of the best young pitchers in the game. It's frustrating with those two because you see the stuff and (I) wonder what team they'll be on when 'it clicks' for them.

Neither are really young at this point. Both 26.

If they get a good offer for Braun make the move.

Never going to happen. It was a wishful thought when he got on that hot streak, but now that reality is back there is no team getting near him. Even if we ate enough money teams would still have a laundry list of issues with him.

KC even tried to help with the E in the 8th and the PB in the 9th...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived