Brewer Fanatic

St. Louis Cardinals get to Hacking (Astros servers) … Latest: Former Cardinals scouting director Chris Correa sentenced to 46 months, must pay $279K restitution; post 143

bjkrautk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/sports/baseball/st-louis-cardinals-hack-astros-fbi.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=0

Keep it classy, as I'm pretty sure this is one of baseball's unwritten rules we're talking about.

its not, internet didnt exist in the early 1900's when the Cardinals wrote the rules

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

nothing like having two different scouting reports to work with when doing pretty much anything in baseball... wonder how MLB will punish the Cardinals

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Multiple first round draft picks forfeited and long term loss of their market size compensation pick. Under the current rules that would be a huge blow and comparable to the advantage they got from that level of cheating.

this is an opportunity for the new Commish to start off his tenure with some power

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

its like Christmas in (almost) July

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I wonder who else they have hacked. You know it's not just one team.

The way they did it leads me to think it might be just the Astros. It was not sophisticated and depended on them knowing the passwords from former Card front office employees who now work for the Astros. The amateurish aspect of it makes it all the more funny.

The best part is the next time one of their fans says anything about Braun I can fire back from the high ground.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I'm grinning ear-to-ear.

Jeff Luhnow may be an incredible GM for the Astros, but he's a computer idiot. The Cards got in to the Astro systems via passwords he (EDIT: and other ex-employees) re-used from his time in St. Louis. What a mental midget.

If a player can be banned from baseball for gambling, the penalty for an organization doing something like this better be very severe. Banned from post-season for 3 years, and loss of multiple 1st round draft picks. Oh, and jail time for whoever was personally involved in this.

baseball has a history of cheating, like stealing signs, and i really don't have a problem with that. i just hoped sports wouldn't change to the point where teams are hacking into eachothers computers. Really turns me off to the whole thing.

Heard they tried to hack into the Brewers computer too but all they could find were the words "swing at the first pitch" and a non-compete contract signed by Ken Macha
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Heard they tried to hack into the Brewers computer too but all they could find were the words "swing at the first pitch" and a non-compete contract signed by Ken Macha

They must have missed 'bunt and bunt some more' and 'more squeeze plays'.

Archived