Brewer Fanatic

Your 2015 Helena / Maryvale Brewers

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Just joking of course, but it's almost like the Brewers are skimping on air fare to Montana.

Good notation on Matt Martin, meant to post last night that he'd be an ideal fit here.

Diehards here (especially MTBrew) will remember a Helena squad from a few years back that was made up almost entirely of catchers -- heck, at least two outfield posts each night seemed to have them out there, out of place. Really hoping Dustin Houle's status post-Tommy John is OK, because Kevin Martinez has never even played stateside before and Milan Post must still be pretty raw. You're asking them to fully guide the staff right now.

You can only get so stretched out in Maryvale preseason games, so they're really going to need to add to those 12 arms soon, especially in the offense-friendly Pioneer League. Heck, each of the full-season squads have been at 13 pitchers most of the season. And the Helena roster limit is 35! More non-drafted free agents, young indy ballers, something.

Tonight's opponent, Missoula, has 32 players active. Helena has 23 (Edwin Maysonet makes 24).

Patience, we know...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff
I just realized Denson isn't on Helena's preliminary roster, if he's not on that squad something else is going on because he wasn't bad enough to be demoted all the way back AZ because of game action.

It's a good sign that Diplan was assigned to Helena, I'm very intrigued by him.

Ryan Collingwood (Helena Independent Record) Tweet --

First baseman David Denson is now on the Helena #Brewers roster. Fourth player on this roster bumped down from Single A Wisconsin.

Interesting that they are batting Milan Post in the 5 spot. He didn't hit much last year in limited at bats. It would be good if MT Brew, or someone else could give us a report on him. Catcher out of the Netherlands is an intriguing player.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Orleans outfielder Orimoloye inks pro contract with Brewers

By Mike Koreen, Toronto Sun

http://storage.ottawasun.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297710435730_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x

Demi Orimoloye is going to try to fulfil his major-league dream with the Milwaukee Brewers organization.

The Orleans outfielder has signed with the Brewers (MLB.com reported the deal is for $450,000 US) and has reported to the team's rookie league affiliate in Phoenix, Ariz.

The team's fourth-round pick from the draft last week is expected to start playing next week.

"It feels good to finally get that contract signed," Orimoloye, 18, said in a phone interview.

"I'm ready to get started. I want to go out there every day and keep getting better."

By signing, Orimoloye will pass on the opportunity to play NCAA Division I baseball on a full scholarship at the University or Oregon.

"I had my heart set on playing professional baseball," he said.

"It was the right decision for me."

Orimoloye said his goal is to get promoted in the Brewers organization before he leaves for Australia in August with the junior national team ahead of the U18 World Cup in Japan.

"I just want to get better every day, get consistent," he said.

What are his first impressions of Arizona?

"It's real hot, like 120 degrees every day," Orimoloye chuckled.

"But the coaches and everyone has been great."

Brewer Fanatic Staff
At some point today, and prior to game time, this (currently) outdated Maryvale Brewers MiLB.com roster page will be updated.

Voila!

Note there are some DL stints.

We knew about LHP Joan De La Cruz (60-day DL, Tommy John), but now we see RHP Victor Diaz, who made six appearances (four starts) for the Timber Rattlers earlier this season, is also on the 60-day, that can't be good.

RHP Miguel Diaz (#14 on MLB Pipeline's Brewer Top 30) and former farmhand LHP Trevor Lubking are each on the 7-day DL.

Promising 18-year-old Panamanian catcher Johel Atencio is on the 7-day DL as well.

Roster just a bit short on infielders, plenty of arms despite the DL stints, a few will see Helena within a month or so.

Community Moderator
Maryvale roster now updated. Lara is listed on the roster. That's a loaded outfield with Trent Clark, Yerald Martinez, Demi Orimoloye, Nicolas Pierre and Joantangel Segovia.

This Maryvale roster really has me looking forward to following the game logs. Some specific things that intrigue me include monitoring Gilbert Lara's play at SS (and obviously at the plate), seeing how the highly touted high school guys (Trent and Demi) fair in their first shot at pro ball, and hoping for some success among the other HS guys that bypassed college commitments such as Nash Walters and Tyrone Perry. Seems like it is going to be a fun season in the desert.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator

I added the first one to the Link Report, but below are some player videos from the first AZL Brewers action of the season...

: CF Trent Clark at-bat (first professional hit)

: C Beau Wallace at-bat

: 2B Daniel Leonardo at-bat

: SS Gilbert Lara at-bat followed by 1B Tyrone Perry at-bat and RF Yeraldy Martinez at-bat

: SS Gilbert Lara flies out to deep centerfield

In addition to providing the linked footage above, ESPN draft writer Eric Longenhagen shared an intriguing TWEET from June 22nd as well...

@longenhagen: Gilbert Lara has been putting on show with his arm. Just silly zip on the ball.

ARTICLE: MLB.com feature on 1st round pick OF Trent Clark, including a confirmation of his concussion injury status.
Maybe I was just in doom mode, but even after learning here that Clark wasn't paralyzed (which obviously was a huge relief, and the most important news), I've been sweating what his injury might mean for his career. So this article -- "a bit of trouble," one or two weeks out -- comes as another huge relief.

As a long shot maybe, and I would hope only if either he or Gatewood starts working at 3B, I'm not really a fan of having multiple legit prospects on the same team playing the same position.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Former Point Loma standouts selected in MLB draft

Scott Hopkins, sdnews.com (San Diego)

http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/public/sites/351/assets/7ZQ4_WEB_Agapito_USF_30.jpg

Two former Point Loma High School baseball players realized their dreams when they were selected by professional teams in the recent Major League Baseball amateur draft.

Campbell Wear (class of 2011) and Connor Baits (class of 2012) chose to attend University of California Santa Barbara, a decision that paid off.

The Gauchos, who were ranked nationally, saw a record 10 players from their squad drafted, led by pitcher Dillon Tate, who was chosen fourth overall by the Texas Rangers.

Wear, the son of Byron and Bridget Cantu Wear, heard his name called in the 27th round by the Colorado Rockies. The 6-3, 205-pound catcher threw out 13 of 18 runners attempting to steal while recording 22 runs batted in at the plate.

Baits is the son of Daniel and Terri Baits. The 6-6, 225-pound right-handed pitcher was taken in the 33rd round by the Milwaukee Brewers after completing his junior season at UCSB with a 4.32 earned run average over 16.2 innings.

Wear was assigned to the Grand Junction (Colo.) Rockies of the rookie Pioneer League, while Baits is playing for the Arizona Brewers in the Arizona League.

For Baits, there are similarities and significant differences.

As a prep standout, he pitched in showcase events at Yankee Stadium and Angels Stadium. He was also drafted out of PLHS (23rd round by the New York Mets) but opted to stay in school.

"I wanted to go to college first," Baits said, "and after three years of college, I was drafted and thought the time was right to move on and start my career. I'm better suited for professional baseball now.

"Both my parents were very supportive of me starting my career," he said. "They're very excited and plan to see some of my games."

There will be no long bus rides for Baits, since Arizona League teams use the same Phoenix-area spring training facilities used by their major league teams during the exhibition season. The 56-game season will be played in the well-maintained stadiums of each team, rarely at temperatures below 100 degrees.

Because of the proximity of their opponents, Brewers players live and are fed daily at the team complex, with fresh fruit and protein shakes always available.

Used primarily in relief by the Gauchos, Baits hopes to use his fastball, which tops out at 95 miles per hour, to show the Brewers he is a starter.

"I think they're going to give me an opportunity to start, which is my preference," Baits said. "The minor leagues are all about development. I want to get the ball every week and progress."

His days at UCSB were valuable in many ways.

"Through college,” he said, “one thing I've gained is how to react to adversity. I've learned to respond better and keep my head up... not to let it affect my next pitch or my life outside of baseball. At the end of the day, I think I'm a better person and pitcher."

Both former Gauchos are grateful to be living their dream.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Cool blog --

Baseball on the Island -- Coverage of Long Island's Baseball Scene: Charles Galiano Fulfills Lifelong Dream and Inks Professional Contract

"Signing that contract was the moment I had dreamed about for years. All the times I was bored in class practicing my signature paid off for that very moment right there."

Classic.

Prospect Hot Sheet (June 26): McKinney Claims The Top Spot

June 26, 2015 by Staff Report

8. Marcos Diplan, rhp, Brewers

Team: Rookie-level Helena (Pioneer)

Why He’s Here: 1-0, 2.25, 12 IP, 10 H, 3 R, 5 BB, 15 SO

The Scoop: Acquired in the offseason in the trade that sent Yovani Gallardo to the Rangers, Diplan signed with Texas just less than two years ago for $1.3 million. He’s a small righthander, yes, but he brings big stuff to the table, including a fastball that in the past has touched as high as 95 mph. He pairs the pitch with a curveball that flashes above-average and a changeup. In his first two starts with Helena, Diplan generated 15 strikeouts in a dozen innings.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

In our Transactions Thread, you learned about the latest non-drafted free agent signing.

Here's a follow-up article:

Dixie State's Evan Parker reflects after signing with Brewers

By Justin Giles, thespectrum.com (St. George, UT)

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/bcef3913a9a4abe8a4ba8f15ad49fb3b85ffc32c/c=0-0-534-712&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2015/06/28/StGeorge/B9317891129Z.1_20150628015050_000_G2TB6TOP7.1-0.jpg

Former Dixie State pitcher Evan Parker will get his shot in the big leagues after getting picked up by the Milwaukee Brewers. Parker heads to Arizona on Sunday to start training. (Photo via Dixie State Public Relations)

Sacrifice. Determination. Leadership.

Those three traits are just some of several qualities that describe former Dixie State right-handed pitcher Evan Parker, whose never give up attitude has landed him a spot with the Milwaukee Brewers.

Parker's path to Major League Baseball hasn't been like most players who recently signed contracts with clubs across the country after the 2015 MLB draft.

After not hearing his named called on draft night, Parker sat wondering if his dream of playing professional baseball was over.

"I knew going in that I was a bit undersized than most people who were getting drafted," Parker said. "But I believed in myself and just kept working hard."

Working hard might have been an understatement.

"When the season ended, Evan didn't stop working, DSU baseball coach Chris Pfatenhauer said. "He continued to lift, run, and throw, and do everything that he could possible do to put himself in the position to play at the next level."

During his time at DSU, Parker led the team to back-to-back Pacific West Conference baseball titles in 2015, and was a First Team All-PacWest selection as well as being named to the NCBWA All-West Region first team.

Parker, left as the career saves leader (26) at DSU, after tying his own single-season record with 13 saves this past season to go with a 2.45 ERA and 25 strikeouts.

Even though he recorded several school records during his time with the Red Storm, teams still bypassed Parker on draft night.

"I just wanted a shot," Parker recalled. "I prayed to God every night, and then I got the call."

Even though his contract is still pending, Parker credits his opportunity to his family, coaches and teammates who have always been there for him.

"Playing baseball at DSU has been one of the highlights of my life," he said. "Coach Pfatenhauer and Martinez are top notch coaches. They put me in great positions to succeed and I am so thankful for the opportunity to play for them. They've made a big impact on my life and I wouldn't be here without them."

Parker is the second Red Storm baseball player this year that will get the chance to play at the next level. Porter Clayton, a left-handed pitcher, was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 19th round on June 10.

"We have several goals every year and sending guys to the next level is one of those goals," Pfatenhauer said. "I'm super excited for Evan. He's a fantastic young man and we wish him the best. He's going to be great."

The Brewers are no strangers to DSU after drafting Bubba Blau last year in the 24th round.

"It would be awesome to be able to play with Bubba," Parker said. "We've been friends since high school and it would be great to be able to reunite with him."

Brewer Fanatic Staff

The Full Monte

Three-sport stalwart Harrison a rare athlete for Brewers

Ryan Collingwood, Helena Independent Record

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/helenair.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/7f/87ff758f-37f4-5e8d-8458-5db7c92c278c/55936dbe90507.image.jpg?resize=620%2C452

Helena Brewers outfielder Monte Harrison was a four-star football recruit who had signed with the University of Nebraska before deciding to pursue profesional baseball. Harrison, who was also a Division I basketball recruit, was picked by Milwaukee in the second round of the 2014 MLB Draft. Photo by Gary Marshall, Blackfoot Media Group

For the surplus of new acquisitions added to the Helena Brewers' roster over the last two weeks, there's been a rite of passage of sorts.

This isn't in the realm of a quirky initiation ritual, though. More of a swift tutorial about the club's 6-foot-3, 215-pound right fielder whose brawny physique suggests that baseball might not have always been his primary sport.

Huddled around an iPhone, the Brewers' newest additions are prompted to watch a pair of YouTube videos. The first shows their teammate, Monte Harrison, as a Kansas City prep basketball star putting on the kind of jaw-dropping display best suited for a dunk contest -- but in the flow of a game.

He could have bitten the rim with each crowd-pleasing flush.

That same speed, size and explosion are exhibited in the second video, which shows Harrison, a four-star wide receiver at Missouri Class 5 state champion Lee Summit West High, embarrassing defensive backs on various routes. When he wasn't streaking downfield, he was churning out yards as quarterback when his offense switched to the wildcat.

And, just like that, the Brewers' freshest faces knew they were teamed up with one of the most gifted all-around athletes in the country in Harrison, a second-round pick -- out of high school -- by Milwaukee in the 2014 MLB Draft.

The same Harrison who, as a sophomore, had already let a pair of NCAA Division I basketball coaches know he had no interest in pursuing the hardwood beyond high school. The same Harrison who was coveted by about every high-major football program in the country before signing a letter of intent with Nebraska, then ultimately deciding to go the professional baseball route.

"I've never seen anything like it," said Brewers shortstop Jake Gatewood, a revered athlete in his own right who was a first-round pick in the 2014 draft. "I've seen the guy jump up 40 inches in the air in flip flops."

Brewers manager Tony Diggs echoed Gatewood.

"You wish they were all athletes like (Harrison)," Diggs said. "He's something special. The thing about it is that he's a guy that has a lot of athletic ability straight across the board without you having to say anything to him. It's going to be good when he turns those tools into skills."

And that's why the five-tool Harrison finds himself in rural Montana -- to polish a set of skills that led him to an $1.8 million dollar signing bonus as an 18-year-old. But with the brand of athleticism that had the country's top college football coaches giving him in-home visits.

That's what makes Harrison an oddity in a sport like baseball, where meager size and athleticism can be atoned for with crisp tools and a cerebral approach -- one of the biggest reasons he chose metal cleats over rubber.

"I just the love the sport," said Harrison, an Under Armour Baseball All-American in 2014. "It's a challenge. You can come out here and be yourself. In the other sports you can't really be yourself without people making it a big deal. Baseball is a sport where it's a relaxed game, you have fun you get your work in and be done."

The sort of relaxation he was missing when he found himself on the fence a little more than a year ago trying to decide between an early start to his career or to sticking to his letter of intent to Nebraska where he would have played both football and baseball for the Huskers.

Former Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini, who expected Harrison to play as a true freshman, ran a full-court press in trying to sway his most athletic recruit away from pro baseball. It was for naught, though, and Harrison, who even after being relegated to the Pioneer League after a lackluster start at Single A ball in Appleton, Wisconsin, is still happy with his decision.

Much of that content has to do with the polarizing Pelini being fired from Nebraska last November.

"It was an eye-opener for me," Harrison said. "God always puts signs out there to let you know he is watching over you. I think I made the right decision."

The fiscal aspect of his decision didn't hurt, either. But Harrison, the 33rd-ranked receiver in the 2014 class by Scout.com who various scouts said had a chance to eventually play on Sundays, insists money didn't have a substantial role in his decision.

"Money is just an object to me," Harrison said. "Most people think it runs the world, but it actually doesn't. God has given me the ability to come out here and pick a sport he knew I was in love with. I knew I picked the right sport when some things happened at Nebraska and things here just fell into place."

Even if rookie ball in Helena wasn't in his initial plans.

After being demoted from the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, Harrison had a slow start for the Brewers, too, starting out the season going 1 for 19 at the plate. He's currently batting .167 (11 for 42), but has come on in the last five games with two home runs and a triple.

The 19-year-old is still raw, which is why he hopes to use his in time in Helena wisely and ascend up the organization's latter as quickly as possible.

"I have to come up here and suck it up and be a man just like everyone else," Harrison said. "Before I got here they said it would be good scenery, but I wouldn't have fun. But I didn't come here to have fun. I came here to get better."

Community Moderator
I added the first one to the Link Report, but below are some player videos from the first AZL Brewers action of the season...

: CF Trent Clark at-bat (first professional hit)

: C Beau Wallace at-bat

: 2B Daniel Leonardo at-bat

: SS Gilbert Lara at-bat followed by 1B Tyrone Perry at-bat and RF Yeraldy Martinez at-bat

: SS Gilbert Lara flies out to deep centerfield

More Brewers AZL player videos provided courtesy of the YouTube channel of ESPN draft contributor Eric Longenhagen...

: RHP Nash Walters outing vs. AZL Athletics (6 minutes of video)

: SS Gilbert Lara at-bat vs. AZL Athletics

: SS Gilbert Lara at-bat vs. AZL Angels

: OF Nicolas Pierre at-bat vs. AZL Angels

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Myers joins Milwaukee Brewers post-MLB draft: An interview with Aaron Myers

Halle Parker, Longwood University Rotunda Sports Editor

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/therotundaonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/3b/e3b95ce2-21de-11e5-8d1a-039492de944f/559720c92c38d.image.jpg?resize=526%2C760 Laura Clarke photo

For Aaron Myers, playing baseball after college was never just an option, but the only option. Whether or not a major league team picked him up, the Longwood graduate planned to continue pitching even if it was for an independent team.

A two-year starter for the baseball team, Myers broke five records, including three strikeout records, during his senior season prior to graduating with a degree in Physics. The right-handed pitcher threw 319 strikeouts over the course of his career, solidly surpassing the previous record by 60 strikeouts. Following over 100 innings on the mound, Myers pitched over a third of his career strikeouts during his final season (115).

After the MLB draft ended, the Milwaukee Brewers signed Myers as an undrafted free agent officially on Wednesday, June 24.

Myers talked about his experience signing and his role with his club. Following are the edited excerpts.

In your four years at Longwood University, when did you first realize your dream could be a reality?

“Last year, my junior year.”

What happened?

“I just had the numbers, honestly. I had below a two ERA, my strikeouts were up and I was able to throw a bunch of innings. I just built confidence after that.”

Is that when you first started contacting coaches or did coaches come to you?

“I ended up getting a bunch of questionnaires in the mail from a bunch of different scouts.”

Could you try to describe the emotion you felt when you got the phone call asking you to sign?

“I was just really excited. I was working a camp and walked away then once I hung up, I was just jumping with joy. It pretty much just made the rest of the camp better that day.”

What thoughts were going through your head as you actually signed the contract?

“It is done. It is official. I am officially a part of the Milwaukee Brewers association.”

Were there any others teams that were interested in you?

“No, not any major league team. I had three or four independent teams call me, but other than that, that was it.”

Did Coach Mau have a big role in the recruitment?

“Coach Mau pretty much helped me out with it all. Without him, I would not be here at all. He was a great support. He said if I ever need anything, give him a call. He sent me a couple of dates that were MLB tryouts I had to go to. He just kept putting in a good word for me.”

What is your current situation with the Milwaukee Brewers?

“Currently, I’m in the Arizona League down in Phoenix. We play every day, we get every fifth day off and I just started throwing bullpens last week and I threw another one today. I asked the coach what my role would be and he said I would most likely be a reliever because I threw so many innings during the school year.”

In comparison to Longwood, have you been able to adapt to the intensity of the minor league?

“Honestly, in my opinion it’s a little more relaxed than it is in college. Especially at the college level, you’re worried about school, you’re worried about grades and you’re worried about performing on the field. Here it’s just performing. You also have a bunch of people here who work to support you and will help you out with whatever you need.”

How’s the coaching staff with your team?

“I’d say it’s a close knit coaching staff. I’ve honestly probably only spoken with the head coach maybe two or three times. I mostly work with the pitching coach. They all stay separated for the most part.

Have the coaches told you what they want you to improve on?

“No, not at all. I’ve only thrown one bullpen and the pitching coach wasn’t even there to watch.”

Is that frustrating?

“No, it’s not frustrating. They actually set up cameras to watch me pitch so I’m pretty sure after a while they said they aren’t trying to change mechanics or anything. They’re just going to try to tweak a few things so I’m sure after watching a few videos of me and I throw more than once we’ll start going over a few things.”

Looking towards the future, do you see yourself working your way up through the league?

“Oh definitely. I wouldn’t say I’ll move up this year, but I’d say within the next year and years to come, I will be moving up.”

NOTE: Myers had a wonderful pro debut on July 2nd, retiring all six men he faced, four by strikeout.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Originally posted June 11th --

BROOKLYN BOYS

Maryland baseball's Jose Cuas and Kevin Martir used the sport as their way out of East New York

What a great read -- Third baseman Cuas was the Brewers' 11th round pick, Martir, a catcher, went in the 18th round to Houston

Now this follow-up:

Former Grand Street duo parting ways for pro baseball careers

By Joseph Staszewski, BrooklynDaily.com

Jose Cuas and Kevin Martir will have to continue their baseball careers without each other for the first time.

The former Grand Street and University of Maryland stars had been holding on to the slim hope they would be drafted by the same organization and get to play in the pros together. But they’re now coming to terms with the fact that they will finally be going their separate ways.

The duo have played on the same team together since they were 10-year-olds — from local leagues, to their New York Grays travel team, and on through high school and college. There were daily talks of opposing pitchers, hitting situations, and their team’s goals that will now have to be done over the phone.

“It would have been awesome if we had been picked by the same team, but there was less of chance,” Martir said. “We are going to stay in touch, talk every day, the same thing as if we were teammates.”

Cuas, a third baseman, was selected by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 11th round (331st overall), and Martir, a catcher, was taken by the Houston Astros in the 18th (529th overall).

Now Cuas is in Helena, Mont., with the Brewers getting ready to start his first professional season, and Martir more than 2,000 miles away at the Astros’ training camp in Greeneville, Tenn., doing the same.

“It’s a little different, but its all good now,” Cuas said. “Just environment-wise, I’m in the middle of nowhere in the mountains. There isn’t a grocery store on the corner like I’m use to in New York City. It’s something I am willing to make the adjustment to.”

Cuas felt he could have been drafted higher had his average not dipped during his junior season at Maryland. But he did see an increase in his power numbers. The 6-foot-2 infielder hit .242, but belted a team-high 11 home runs and tied for the team-lead in runs batted in with 53.

New York Grays coach David Owens said Cuas can still add 15-pounds of muscle, and a shortening of his swing could immediately produce results.

“The power numbers are good and now you will probably see the average go up right away,” Owens said.

Martir batted a team-best .342 and with seven homers and 45 runs batted in. He is known for being a smart, savvy, and skilled defensive catcher. He is adept at handling a pitching staff, and to Owens, that is his biggest advantage at the next level.

“These pitchers are going to love to throw to him,” he said. “He controls a game like no body else. He blocks everything, giving pitchers confidence.”

Both bring a history of winning to their respective clubs. The pair led Grand Street to the 2011 Public School Athletic League title. Martir was the first New York City player to win the Catholic and Public School Athletic League baseball titles in consecutive years after winning with Xaverian the year prior.

They were both part of the revival of the baseball program at Maryland. The Terrapins reached consecutive NCAA Super Regionals after not reaching the tournament in the 43 years prior. Maryland won a program-record 42 games this year. They set a standard they expect those who come after them to continue.

“I can say I was part of the team when Maryland took that step to become a powerhouse baseball program,” Cuas said.

The two will now begin the task of having success on separate clubs. Being drafted is still a dream come true, even if it wasn’t the perfect scenario.

“It’s not what we wanted, but it’s for the best for both of us,” Cuas said. “It has always been a dream of ours to get drafted and pursue long professional careers in baseball.”

Archived