Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-15 Royals (Volquez) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

1992casey
The other side is, why not just keep pitching Lohse at this point? We are playing for nothing at this point. There isn't someone just ready to step in who is clearly better at this point. Just keep trotting him out and hope he somehow can string together 2 or 3 decent starts, and maybe someone trades for him. We won't get much for him, but so what? He's a sunk cost at this point.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It appears we are back playing like we did in April. How sad. :( Counsell should put Lohse in the bullpen and out of the rotation until Peralta comes back.

Why even do that? Just DFA him...no point in putting him in the bullpen at this point.

It appears Lohse is a great leader and mentor in the clubhouse. That has value for a young club like this even if he is struggling on the mound.

I haven't checked the All Star voting in over a week. I seriously can't believe that the entire AL starting lineup will be Royals.

And this will determine home field advantage in the World Series. They need to do one of two things. Either leave fan voting out of it and take the best players (obviously not 9 outfielders or something) but the best group of players at their positions or my preferred option, stop with this farce that this exhibition game determines home field advantage for the championship.

They completely overreacted to the 2002 all-star game. Instead of allowing players back in and just playing at half speed until some team "won" they had to stop the game for some reason.

Even if they just keep going and throw like 50 mph meatballs to the plate and some team wins that way, it's talked about for maybe a week. The rules are tweaked a little so they prevent it from happening again and everyone just moves on.

Absolutely. It was stupid to the extreme to make the results of an exhibition game determine which team gets HFA in the World Series. Perhaps the new commissioner will see the light and change the mess Selig created here. :tongue

I'm kind of more outraged that we have to have an All-Star. Who deserves it? K-Rod by default I guess? Yeesh.

I would think sadness should be your reaction rather than outrage.

He's just at a different stage of the 5-stages of grief.

I was going to post this yesterday but I have a hard time watching Escobar and Cain play against the Brewers, I was so into those guys as prospects that it really bothers me. Normally I'm more of an "eh" when ex-Brewers come to town but I still check in on both players on a weekly basis to see how they are doing. I rooted hard for both guys in the play-offs last year, they were the only reason I was watching the AL side at all.

At the time of the Greinke trade Odorizzi was my favorite pitching prospect in the Brewer system and it wasn't really close. The Rays aren't on the schedule this year that I saw, but I wonder if I'll have the same feelings if Jake is on the mound opposing the Crew? When I got the notification on my phone that Cain hit the HR yesterday I was happy for him and pissed at the same time, and I didn't turn on the game because of that fact, what a weird place to be in.

I find this all very strange because I was a huge supporter of both Bryson and Brantley from the Sabathia trade, but I might check in on Brantley a couple of times a year if his name comes up in conversation just to see how he's doing. Until today I hadn't checked in on LaPorta since last summer and didn't even realize he had retired. I was regularly checking on Bryson until he fell apart a while ago and last I saw he was in independent ball.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived