Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-15 Royals (Volquez) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/royals.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 15 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Royals (34-25)

Brewers (24-40)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]royals-2015_volquez-edinson.jpgbrewers-2015_lohse-kyle.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Edinson Volquez[/pitcher][h2]5-4, 3.07 ERA, 1.15 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Volquez has only dropped one decision in his last seven starts, recording six or more strikeouts in his last three. He is 5-1 with a 4.88 ERA in nine starts at Miller Park.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Kyle Lohse[/pitcher][h2]3-7, 6.27 ERA, 1.41 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Royals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse has lots of experience against the Royals (20 starts plus one relief appearance), but he has faced only one Kansas City batter in more than 10 at bats. Omar Infante is 6 for 32 (.188) against Lohse.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Alcides Escobar ®
  2. 3B Mike Moustakas (L)
  3. CF Lorenzo Cain ®
  4. 1B Eric Hosmer (L)
  5. C Salvador Pérez ®
  6. LF Alex Gordon (L)
  7. RF Alex Ríos ®
  8. 2B Omar Infante ®
  9. RHP Edinson Volquez ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  8. SS Hector Gómez ®
  9. RHP Kyle Lohse ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

i agree about the allstar game guess there nothing to do in KC encept sitting by your computer and voting.

but i would like to see them get rid of Lohse when Perelta comes back or bring up Cravy to get a start.

I wonder if this is the breaking point and they make the All Star game meaningless? Even then the rest of baseball still has a problem with 7/8 players being Royals.

It appears we are back playing like we did in April. How sad. :( Counsell should put Lohse in the bullpen and out of the rotation until Peralta comes back.

Why even do that? Just DFA him...no point in putting him in the bullpen at this point.

I wonder what effect this All Star debacle will have on the future. They can't possibly just let this slide without making changes.

I would love to see Infante's sub .500 OPS (seriously, not a typo) start or even just get voted into the all-star game.

It appears we are back playing like we did in April. How sad. :( Counsell should put Lohse in the bullpen and out of the rotation until Peralta comes back.

Why even do that? Just DFA him...no point in putting him in the bullpen at this point.

Dumping him for nothing would be pointless. Someone is going to be willing to give up something, even if it's just cash, for him.

I see the Brewers are being schooled again. Escobar and Cain with four hits and 4 RBI.

Good for K.C. Nice to see at least one small market franchise doing well, because ours is clueless.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Dumping him for nothing would be pointless. Someone is going to be willing to give up something, even if it's just cash, for him.

$50. I'll give the Brewers $50 to just dump him. He's been completely worthless this season. About to fall to 3-7 with a 6.44 ERA, and 17 home runs allowed in 84 IP. Over a full season of innings, that would be 51 homers allowed. The most home runs ever allowed in a single season is 50 by Bert Blyleven in 1986. Only, Blyleven pitched a league high 271 innings, and went 17-14 with a 4.01 ERA and 215 Ks. Lohse could only dream of that kind of season.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Who? Teams will just wait like they did with Suppan and Wolf. Nobody is giving up anything for him, they'll just wait until we release him and take their chances on signing him then if they want. If someone else does, it's not like they're going to be missing out on something great and he's definitely not a player that you go after to make sure you get him so other teams can't.

How many of the Royals base hits in their scoring innings were squared up, two? Cain's HR and Gordon's single in the 6th. I think Gomez gets to at least one of the bloopers in the 6th, which gets Cotts out of the inning unscathed. Pure luck that they scored eight runs, should have been three at most.

I wonder what effect this All Star debacle will have on the future. They can't possibly just let this slide without making changes.

I would love to see Infante's sub .500 OPS (seriously, not a typo) start or even just get voted into the all-star game.

I haven't checked the All Star voting in over a week. I seriously can't believe that the entire AL starting lineup will be Royals.

By the way, good to see that Lucroy is starting to hit. 5-13 with 2 doubles and 5 RBI in the last three games. I hope that continues. If we're going to make any run at an even respectable season, he needs to have a good second half. Hopefully Wily comes back healthy, and he and Jimmy Nelson have good runs.

Trying very hard to find a silver lining in this season.

I haven't checked the All Star voting in over a week. I seriously can't believe that the entire AL starting lineup will be Royals.

And this will determine home field advantage in the World Series. They need to do one of two things. Either leave fan voting out of it and take the best players (obviously not 9 outfielders or something) but the best group of players at their positions or my preferred option, stop with this farce that this exhibition game determines home field advantage for the championship.

They completely overreacted to the 2002 all-star game. Instead of allowing players back in and just playing at half speed until some team "won" they had to stop the game for some reason.

Even if they just keep going and throw like 50 mph meatballs to the plate and some team wins that way, it's talked about for maybe a week. The rules are tweaked a little so they prevent it from happening again and everyone just moves on.

And this will determine home field advantage in the World Series. They need to do one of two things. Either leave fan voting out of it and take the best players (obviously not 9 outfielders or something) but the best group of players at their positions or my preferred option, stop with this farce that this exhibition game determines home field advantage for the championship.

They completely overreacted to the 2002 all-star game. Instead of allowing players back in and just playing at half speed until some team "won" they had to stop the game for some reason.

Even if they just keep going and throw like 50 mph meatballs to the plate and some team wins that way, it's talked about for maybe a week. The rules are tweaked a little so they prevent it from happening again and everyone just moves on.

I feel that fan voting should count, but it shouldn't be the sole determinant of who goes to the game. Let the fans vote. Let he players themselves vote. Let the managers vote. Do a weighted average, which would, in essence, wipe out any massive ballot stuffing from one team's fans.

If we DFA him he either gets released or someone trades for him. Doesn't mean we automatically release him.

Archived