Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-11 Nationals (Roarke) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

1992casey
Might as well go back to starting Maldonado. Lucroy is baaaaad.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is anyone else getting a little tired of the constant lineup changes? I know it shouldn't matter for MLB players but I think they like having a set spot, around the same guys in the lineup. I know our lineup is changing relatively frequently, but is it that hard to just put guys in the same spots? It's like a guessing game every single day.

I like that Counsell puts something different out there every game. The whole having a set spot in the order is just stupid. It doesn't matter what spot you hit in, the pitcher is still going to try and get you out.

I tend to disagree. But to each their own. I do like that the pitcher is finally hitting 9th tonight at least.

Is anyone else getting a little tired of the constant lineup changes? I know it shouldn't matter for MLB players but I think they like having a set spot, around the same guys in the lineup. I know our lineup is changing relatively frequently, but is it that hard to just put guys in the same spots? It's like a guessing game every single day.

Nope, not tired of it at all, personally. I like a manager who is willing to shake things up regularly. If the team is in first place? Then sure, you can leave guys in their spots as they continue to produce. But that's not the situation we have in 2015.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The team has Platoon type players. So the batting order is going to be shuffled up quite a bit. It'd be one thing if the first 5 guys in the lineup had similar splits, similar batting profiles to go consistent with a lineup. You look at Gomez, Lucroy, Braun being it though. Maybe Segura a little. Davis is down so that requires Parra/Peterson to play instead. RHP/LHP you gotta play the splits then too. Since Peterson/Parra are both Lefty bats they will drop a lot vs a Lefty. Parra vs a RHP bats up as does Lind.

Right now its just the right thing to do under the makeup of the active roster.

Archived