Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-11 Nationals (Roarke) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/nationals.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 11 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Nationals (31-28)

Brewers (22-38)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]nationals-2015_roark-tanner1.jpgbrewers-2015_garza-matt3.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Tanner Roark[/pitcher][h2]2-2, 3.16 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Roark started ’15 in the bullpen, but injuries in the rotation forced him back into a starting role. Since his first start May 25, he’s gone 2-0 with a 3.78 ERA. His last start vs. the Crew saw him throw a career high 112 pitches over seven innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]4-7, 5.09 ERA, 1.46 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Nationals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Matt Garza is just 407 on the year with a 5.09 ERA, but those numbers aren’t indicative of his most recent performances. The righty said he has been getting back to pitching like himself, which has led to success lately.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Denard Span (L)
  2. 2B Anthony Rendon ®
  3. 3B Yunel Escobar ®
  4. RF Bryce Harper (L)
  5. C Wilson Ramos ®
  6. SS Danny Espinosa (S)
  7. 1B Clint Robinson (L)
  8. LF Michael Taylor ®
  9. RHP Tanner Roark ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  2. CF Gerardo Parra (L)
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. LF Shane Peterson (L)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

meh, Scooter needed to do something, and starting for the Brewers was not it... I hope he comes back refreshed and ready to go!
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Oh Braun...standing there like the ball was hit right at you only to scurry back to retrieve a ball hit midway up the wall. I don't think he would have caught it with a good jump on the ball, but another example of his poor skills out in RF.

Oh Braun...standing there like the ball was hit right at you only to scurry back to retrieve a ball hit midway up the wall. I don't think he would have caught it with a good jump on the ball, but another example of his poor skills out in RF.

I thought he played it pretty nicely for the carom off the wall. The throw, on the other hand, was both off target and a lollipop. Should have made Span pay the price for trying to get to 2b.

I thought he played it pretty nicely for the carom off the wall. The throw, on the other hand, was both off target and a lollipop. Should have made Span pay the price for trying to get to 2b.

Reaction time....dreadful

Play off the wall....good(always been pretty good at that)

Throw....Yikes

Is Lucroy ever going to start hitting? Getting old very fast.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Decent outing by Garza. Back to back warning track shots by the Crew too. Dang. Could've took the lead for Garza.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So I just started watching. What is the story on Carlos? Why has he not played the last 2 night?

Legs are sore. Seems to happen with him frequently. Time to move him.

So does Tanner Roark pronounce his name like Brian Anderson does (RO-ark), or does he pronounce it like one would normally expect, where it would sound like "roar"?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Is anyone else getting a little tired of the constant lineup changes? I know it shouldn't matter for MLB players but I think they like having a set spot, around the same guys in the lineup. I know our lineup is changing relatively frequently, but is it that hard to just put guys in the same spots? It's like a guessing game every single day.

Is anyone else getting a little tired of the constant lineup changes? I know it shouldn't matter for MLB players but I think they like having a set spot, around the same guys in the lineup. I know our lineup is changing relatively frequently, but is it that hard to just put guys in the same spots? It's like a guessing game every single day.

I like that Counsell puts something different out there every game. The whole having a set spot in the order is just stupid. It doesn't matter what spot you hit in, the pitcher is still going to try and get you out.

And Scooter still sucks. Yay! ...

He does?

:embarrassed

His jam shot that happened to go down the line doesn't get me too excited.

But I am happy that the Brewers have the lead.

Archived