Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-08 Brewers (Nelson) at Pirates (Burnett), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-0]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 8 | 6:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (20-37) | Pirates (31-25)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/pirates.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_nelson-jimmy3.jpgpirates-2015_burnett-aj1.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]2-6, 4.41 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]After allowing five runs (four earned) in the first inning against the Cardinals on Wednesday, Nelson has surrendered 11 earned runs and 14 hits in that frame in 11 starts. The Brewers will work with Nelson on a fix.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]A.J. Burnett[/pitcher][h2]6-1, 2.20 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Going for a seventh straight win, Burnett takes on a Milwaukee team against which he is 0-4 with the Pirates. He hasn’t faced the Brewers since ’13, but their current players have accumulated 130 at bats against him — with one homer.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®
  9. 2B Luis Sardiñas (S)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Gregory Polanco (L)
  2. RF Josh Harrison ®
  3. 2B Neil Walker (S)
  4. CF Starling Marte ®
  5. 1B Pedro Álvarez (L)
  6. 3B Jung-Ho Kang ®
  7. C Francisco Cervelli ®
  8. SS Jordy Mercer ®
  9. RHP A.J. Burnett ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

FS Wisconsin has a promo for tickets to Thursday's game and they decided a video featuring Harper hitting a homer and Braun striking out like a fool was a good idea. Makes me just sprint to my computer to buy tickets.

Kang would've been a nice sign this off season. We might've missed out on that one.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just turned it on...what's the word on the weather? Last I looked at it, it looked like pretty severe storms the rest of the night in the Pittsburgh area. Are they still talking of resuming this game?

Nice win for the Crew tonight. 4-3 on the road trip so far. Man I wish they wouldn't of stunk so bad to start the year. Oh well, at least it's been more enjoyable.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Lucroy didn't go to 2nd????????

I thought the same thing. The ball went all the way to the backstop and Gomez was on second...he certainly was going to third.

And it theoretically cost us a run. Though who knows, maybe they pitch around Braun then?

Nice win for the Crew tonight. 4-3 on the road trip so far. Man I wish they wouldn't of stunk so bad to start the year. Oh well, at least it's been more enjoyable.

Yes, they are more fun to watch these days, that's for sure.

Archived