Brewer Fanatic

Timber Rattlers Autograph Sundays

TURBO

Thanks for that great recap, Turbo!

I contemplated staying for the auction, but my brother had a cold and was starting to feel the heat. Not knowing how long the auction would last, we opted to head home. He had been a good sport about sticking it out for autographs. I hoped the bidding would start at $50 and that I would be able to snag a lesser-known player's jersey, but it sounds like the bidding started North of there (which is great, considering the cause). That's too bad about Tyler Linehan. At 244 pounds, it looks like he's the biggest player on the roster. I wonder if his jersey received so little attention because it wouldn't fit many people? Personally, I would not have bought many of these jerseys with the intent to display them. Instead, I'd rather wear one to future Timber Rattler games. If the price is right, they'd be a lot neater than most of the garb the team store sells. I really wish I had a North Pole Reindeer jersey. Those are sharp.

Prior to this season, I had not attended a Timber Rattler game since I was child (shortly after they were christened the Rattlers). My (now) wife and I moved back to the area from North Dakota in 2010, but I had been getting my baseball fix from the Green Bay Bullfrogs ever since. One particularly cold winter night, I purchased the Bobblehead 10-Pack on a whim and today I could not be happier with that decision . I'll probably continue to make an annual pilgrimage to Miller Park, but from now on, most of my baseball dollars will be going to Appleton.

• 8 months later...

Nothing much to add to the thread really, had another successful auto Sunday yesterday. As always, was able to get almost all my 8x10s signed. Almost...

They had 3 of their biggest names sitting at the "kids only" table. Harrison, Gatewood, and Diplan. I don't think that was the best planning to put 3 of the top guys at that table, but it is what it is... I do like the concept of the "kids only" table though, but having 3 guys like that there at the same time was inconvenient for those who were looking for those particular players. Those unfamiliar with what that means: They have a table set up that usually has 2 or 3 players signing for "kids only." lol No one else is allowed to get those players to sign. I am curious though what the age cut-off is.

As usual, you have to wait in some lines longer due to the people who have players sign 10 or 12 cards all at the same time. I do not understand why the T-Rats don't put a limit on the number of items you can have signed at once. Limit it to one or two per person per trip in the line. If someone wants more items signed by certain players, make them go to the end of the line for each item. It is ridiculous to get behind 3 or 4 people with their card albums in hand, asking the player to sign them all. Talk about selfish people with no regard for how lines work. One kid (probably 16 years old) had at least 15 cards for Isan Diaz to sign. Diaz took it like a champ and signed them all. Same thing happened with Troy Stokes and Trent Clark (who by the way had the longest line, and he stuck around until every person got their stuff signed when all the other players headed into the locker room) Some of these guys are super nice and polite. Only two that I have seen all season that seem like they are being inconvenienced by being there are Monte Harrison and Stervyn Matos. (they acted like that last year too, so it seems to be the norm) If you watch Harrison on the field, you can see he is a prima donna in the way he acts, and that act plays out with the fans as well. He is usually pretty grumpy acting and doesn't want to chat. Not that he should have to do so, but the majority of the players at least act interested in what people say to them. David Denson is awesome when it comes to that. Matos is always distracted by something else, and often doesn't even look at the people he is signing for.

Ok, that is all...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Only two that I have seen all season that seem like they are being inconvenienced by being there are Monte Harrison and Stervyn Matos (they acted like that last year too, so it seems to be the norm)

My two cents is: It's not like these guys are even close to being top 30 prospects. Harrison is batting .160, and has struck out 40 times in 100 ABs. Meanwhile, Matos is batting .059 with 20 strikeouts in 60 ABs. I know you enjoy getting autos by the Timber Rattlers, but the chances of either of these guys getting past AA (even sniffin AA doesn't seem likely at this point). I wouldn't waste my time worrying about them or their garbage attitudes.

Only two that I have seen all season that seem like they are being inconvenienced by being there are Monte Harrison and Stervyn Matos (they acted like that last year too, so it seems to be the norm)

My two cents is: It's not like these guys are even close to being top 30 prospects. Harrison is batting .160, and has struck out 40 times in 100 ABs. Meanwhile, Matos is batting .059 with 20 strikeouts in 60 ABs. I know you enjoy getting autos by the Timber Rattlers, but the chances of either of these guys getting past AA (even sniffin AA doesn't seem likely at this point). I wouldn't waste my time worrying about them or their garbage attitudes.

I'm not worrying about anything.. Just throwing out observations. The way Harrison has played during both his stints at WI does not warrant his attitude. He has yet to be anything close to his prospect status, and you may be right about his career. (but he is currently a top 30 prospect)

Matos won't ever be a big leaguer, but he sure acts like he already is...

• 3 weeks later...

Had a few things signed today, decent crowd, and they will just get bigger each Sunday from here on out as the weather gets nice. I had 8x10s signed by Diplan, Aviles, Isan Diaz, Gatewood, Harrison, Gehlfi, and Griep. Had some leftovers that I didn't get signed last time for various reasons.

Luis Aviles is a class act... Very polite kid. I had him sign an 8x10 in a gold sharpie that wouldn't quite work right. He took a blue one, traced over the top and was laughing about it. He tried really hard to make it look good...

Monty Harrison is still somewhat of a jerk in the signing department. Shows up late, and left early today. He acted like he was just going to take his ball and go home. Everyone else was still signing, he just got up and left. He signs with no regard to the person he is signing for, and his sigs are slowly getting more sloppy as the season goes on. Dude just doesn't care, and doesn't care that you know it. I can understand that his season is not going so well, but the rest of the guys are polite and friendly, he just isn't.

Diplan is a super nice kid. I had two 8x10's, and was only going to have him sign one because I think it's rude to do more than one. He saw the 2nd one and said he'd sign that one too. That was awesome!

Still a great experience if anyone hasn't been there for auto Sundays before, but they really need to open up the area the players are stationed. They should move them more under the tent, clearing more space on the walkway. It is starting to get pretty crowded, and the kids are just so wild, running all over the place, budging in line, etc...

Archived