Brewer Fanatic

Trade with the Twins

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jon Heyman is reporting the Twins are interested in a bat - probably an OF. Gomez and maybe even Parra might interest them. The latter might be more inline with what Minnesota is willing to give up.

Oh really? You mean it wasn't such a crazy idea to think we'd be a fit with the Twins? Lol

If it was such a crazy idea I don't think I'd be talking about it.

Jon Heyman is reporting the Twins are interested in a bat - probably an OF. Gomez and maybe even Parra might interest them. The latter might be more inline with what Minnesota is willing to give up.

Oh really? You mean it wasn't such a crazy idea to think we'd be a fit with the Twins? Lol

If it was such a crazy idea I don't think I'd be talking about it.

I took your name off the quote because I wasn't calling you out. It was this:

Um...do you even know the minors at all? There's some dude called Byron Buxton who plays CF and should be called up soon...perhaps you've heard of him. Unless you put Gomez at DH which is completely idiotic there's nowhere for Gomez in MN.

that I was talking about.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think cars may be lit on fire down in Dinkytown if Carlos Gomez appears here at Target Field again. I can't imagine him being welcomed back here with open arms, but Minnesotans are a strange lot...they're just as liable to do the complete opposite.

I think the Twins are hitting reality right now. Torii Hunter's "leadership" suddenly isn't winning them games. If we're going to trade with them, it has to be now.

In a month, the Twins will be looking to sell. Magic of Molitor has worn off. It's still not a very good team.

Buxton is probably going to be more Cameron Maybin (earlier days) in his first few years than he will be McCutchen. I agree they are still sellers soon -- the only thing they have going for them is Detroit's crappy rotation, Cleveland's inexplicably bad record with that rotation and solid offense, the horrible White Sox offense, and KC not being that elite may keep them in the thing.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I can't see them parting with Sano. I like Arcia more than the Twins do (understandably they got sick of Ks), but I'd shoot for a younger player. I'd have to imagine that Arcia would have 4 control years after this one? That's not insignificant and he could be dealt later on, but I'd rather just go for somebody in the minors.

I can't see them dealing Sano either given how hot he has started his career. Arcia would be an interesting starting piece, but in that type of deal you have to pick up at least 1 high ceiling pitcher as well. Parra or Segura seem like they would provide more value as well for the Twins. Segura and Lucroy in particular would really up their offense now and going forward.

Archived