Brewer Fanatic

Jungmann to start Tuesday against the Pirates [Latest: Will start again on Sunday vs Nationals]

BrewersAA
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the feeling that the next start after this one goes back to Wagner. The comments around everyone so far has given me the sense that they feel Wagner has "earned" this spot, but due to Garza being use 5 innings in extras he had to be sent back down and with the 10 day rule also couldnt make this start. I would be hes back up after this jungmann start. which again, still stinks for thorny. IMO it must be a velocity issue, because the man has surely paid his dues to get the spot.

im really excited to watch tonights game!! Excited to see what Taylor can do!

also, 3 calls ups, all either taylor/tyler, with the debated 4th call up, Thorny, being a Tyler. has to be one of the more popular early 90's names, right?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Exactly, plus they don't want to burn another option on Thorny.

Options are for the whole year. He's already used his option for this year, so it doesn't matter how often he is sent back and forth.

technically, while thornburg's option has been burned for 2015, he must spend at least ten days in the minor leagues each time he is optioned before he can be eligible for recall. if the brewers place a 25-man roster player on the disabled list, then the ten day stay does not apply.

if this rule wasn't in place, the brewers could option jimmy nelson today, recall a position player, and then option said position player and recall nelson when it's his turn again in the rotation.

It's not like Thornburg has really done much as of late to impress. He's been a piñata in the MLB other than a couple years ago for a few starts and now he's getting whacked around in AAA giving up 12 hits per 9 and his strike out per 9 is at 6.9. Now maybe some of this has to do with Colorado Springs but it's still awful.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My prediction of the next few days: Jungmann up - Sardinas down, Jungmann down - Gennett up, Cravy up - Goforth down

Oh I hope we give Sardinas more than 70 PA's to show what he's worth. If we give up on him this early, there's no way he's going to get us anything worth a darn in a trade.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My prediction of the next few days: Jungmann up - Sardinas down, Jungmann down - Gennett up, Cravy up - Goforth down

Sardinas isnt going anywhere

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

LOL :)

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thanks. That's right, he was actually on the roster already this year.

FYI, everyone on the 40-man was "on the roster" during spring training. When they don't make the 25 man, they automatically use an option when sent to the minors.

Smith's suspension ends after the game Wednesday, so there will be no need for roster juggling after that. Barring disastrous starts and/or extra-inning games that gas the bullpen, there will be at most two more moves - sending Jungmann down after Tuesday's game (calling up reliever/OF), and calling up whomever will be the 5th starter for Sunday's game (sending down reliever/OF/IF).

Smith's suspension ends after the game Wednesday, so there will be no need for roster juggling after that. Barring disastrous starts and/or extra-inning games that gas the bullpen, there will be at most two more moves - sending Jungmann down after Tuesday's game (calling up reliever/OF), and calling up whomever will be the 5th starter for Sunday's game (sending down reliever/OF/IF).

craig counsell said that jungmann gets the start on sunday, meaning he stays. i expect the brewers to option david goforth or corey knebel after today's game and recall either matt clark or juan centeno as a stopgap measure until luis sardinas can be recalled (he needs to spend ten days in the minors). one would think that the brewers plan to keep scooter gennett optioned for a while longer.

I actually think once smiths suspension is up they will recall Gennett, he wasnt great, but 2nd has been a dumpster fire since he was demoted, plus hes currently tearing the cover off in AAA, and especially hitting lefties well which is a good sign.

I actually think once smiths suspension is up they will recall Gennett, he wasnt great, but 2nd has been a dumpster fire since he was demoted, plus hes currently tearing the cover off in AAA, and especially hitting lefties well which is a good sign.

1.099 OPS and .615 Slugging percentage for Scooter vs. Lefties in AAA. Another good sign is he hit better on the road than in the hitter friendly Colo. Springs.

They'll likely move Goforth back down to make room for Gennett. Goforth hasn't been getting any work. They weren't going to give up on Gennett after what amounted to one bad month. He was pressing big time and had options so they sent him down to get his bat going and clear his head. They certainly could use the Gennett of his first two seasons.

I honestly was more impressed by Cravy than Jungmann. He faced a better lineup and seemed to me to have slightly better command. Still Jungmann earned another start too and I'm sure we'll see Cravy again too.

I agree with scooter. I think he's got the rest of this season to prove himself--- because otherwise, I could see the brewers moving Segura going to second and Arcia at SS as soon as opening day next year(or whenever the kris Bryant date was this year).

Oh I hope we give Sardinas more than 70 PA's to show what he's worth. If we give up on him this early, there's no way he's going to get us anything worth a darn in a trade.

I don't think sending him down is giving up on him. Nor do I thin kit's necessary to have him get major league AB's at this point to see what we have in him. He's a young player who got a taste of what it takes to play in the majors. If he is worth his salt he will take that with him to AAA and prepare himself for the future. So far I like what I see in him but he does have some things to work on that can be done in AAA as well as the majors.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Gotta see how jungmann fairs against the nationals at home.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived