Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-06 Brewers (Garza) at Twins (Graham) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2]

1992casey
Man oh man. Just can't keep em in the park these days.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Broxton's 4.10 FIP hints he might have some bad luck, but honestly if he isn't doing better by the end of the month might as well just release him. Give a young guy some experience.

I also have to wonder why Broxton comes in for the 8th and we never have someone warming up. Why not have someone warming up a little bit?

Gomez has to be a frustrating player to manage. You just have to accept the bad that goes along with the great. Minnesota couldn't do that and that's why he's succeeded as a Brewer.

I think it is frustrating only if you want to be frustrated. A good manager will just write down the out on his scorecard and move on. A lot of his stellar plays come with his aggressiveness. You are going to run into some outs, but in my opinion it is well worth it. No one comes out when he makes a stellar aggresive play...only when he makes a bad one.

No kidding

If the Brewers had more players near as good as Gomez, even with his brainfarts, they'd be in contention for a playoff berth, not buried in last place. Many players have differing faults and for Carlos, he's always made mistakes running the bases by thinking his speed will allow him to take an extra base which sometimes isn't the smart play. To believe benching him for a game or two will shut off and stop that part of the brain which makes Gomez do those things is very likely wishful thinking.

Archived