Brewer Fanatic

Mark Trumbo Traded to Seattle

Eye Black
Community Moderator

TWEET: Per Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source: #Mariners have acquired Mark Trumbo from #DBacks.

TWEET: Additional information from Rosenthal regarding the return.

Sources: Deal is Trumbo, Nuno from #DBacks to #Mariners for Castillo, Leone and two prospects.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Supposedly to open space for Tomas in OF and Lamb at 3b. Vlad Guerrero's son was one of the prospects involved, likely the prize of the acquisition while Arz filled their Catcher need with Castillo since Tuffy G went down for season.

Still curious on the DBacks being a perfect suitor for Gomez. Lamb to Milw and Tomas a hold of 3b. Take on one of the Pitching prospects Arz has. And who knows after that? You put a Pollock, Gomez, Goldschmidt, Tomas 1-4 together. That'd be a fairly strong top 4 to have to get through.

I don't think Arz has that Elite prospect, but have enough depth in quality prospects to get 3 solid ML contributors with 6years team control from.

I don't think Arz has that Elite prospect, but have enough depth in quality prospects to get 3 solid ML contributors with 6years team control from.

I don't see Arizona being buyers at the deadline unless they really dominate the next two months. They are 4th in their division and being a borderline contender won't make them go for a big ticket name.

One of their younger arms might be a realistic headliner for a deal the way Gomez has been hitting. Much longer and his trade value is going to start trending downwards. Hopefully he can get hot for the Brewers.

Supposedly to open space for Tomas in OF and Lamb at 3b. Vlad Guerrero's son was one of the prospects involved, likely the prize of the acquisition while Arz filled their Catcher need with Castillo since Tuffy G went down for season.

Still curious on the DBacks being a perfect suitor for Gomez. Lamb to Milw and Tomas a hold of 3b. Take on one of the Pitching prospects Arz has. And who knows after that? You put a Pollock, Gomez, Goldschmidt, Tomas 1-4 together. That'd be a fairly strong top 4 to have to get through.

Not sure if it's true or not but on FS1 they said he is Vlad's nephew, not son.

Not sure if it's true or not but on FS1 they said he is Vlad's nephew, not son.

You're probably right, and misread/miswrote that.

I don't see Arizona being buyers at the deadline unless they really dominate the next two months. They are 4th in their division and being a borderline contender won't make them go for a big ticket name.

One of their younger arms might be a realistic headliner for a deal the way Gomez has been hitting. Much longer and his trade value is going to start trending downwards. Hopefully he can get hot for the Brewers.

Gomez has played in 35/of the team's 54 games. He's produced above avg still for the season headed for another 3+WAR year on his "Down" season. He's slugging .450+ There's very little he has to do to get in line with what he's done the last 2 seasons. One 4-4 game with 2HRs probably just about does it.

The guy is in MVP type WAR ability, for anyone to look at his down start as being reason to look the other way, when he's being paid less than 6mil&9million, should be banned from baseball within the organization.

As Brewer fans, we're now looking at month #5 of playing what? .300 baseball? All we're going to do is keep remembering the reasons Gomez helped the team lose another game, and forget the games he's done what he should to help the team win, when they keep losing, it's forgotten. Maldonado has been awful this year, yet he's won the team single handedly 2 games of the 18 this season. Did you know that?

Nelson Cruz never put together a season like Gomez til he was 28. Gomez is 2years ahead of him currently and that's w/o PEDs. And Cruz has 0 value defensively unlike Gomez making him even more valuable.

Piff, Tomas or no thank you.

This isn't going to help, looking at the bigger problems on the team...

I feel sorry for Seattle fans that they have one of the handful of MLB managers who believe that the 9th inning is played on some strange planet where one must complete 3 outs, a skill that can only be achieved by a select few players...

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/mariners/2015/06/03/mariners-notebook-mcclendon-sees-no-alternative-to-sticking-with-rodney/

I'd call and make an offer of K-Rod, as he is one of probably 30-35 guys in the league that have the special ability to get 3 9th inning outs.

This isn't going to help, looking at the bigger problems on the team...

I feel sorry for Seattle fans that they have one of the handful of MLB managers who believe that the 9th inning is played on some strange planet where one must complete 3 outs, a skill that can only be achieved by a select few players...

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/mariners/2015/06/03/mariners-notebook-mcclendon-sees-no-alternative-to-sticking-with-rodney/

I'd call and make an offer of K-Rod, as he is one of probably 30-35 guys in the league that have the special ability to get 3 9th inning outs.

Good find. Let's move KRod now while he is hot. But will the owner let Z trade while in 4th place and a 5 game losing streak?

Archived