Brewer Fanatic

2015-06-03 Brewers (Nelson) at Cardinals (Lackey) 12:45 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

1992casey
The home plate ump was a joke last night. He does his job horribly and then gets upset when people tell him he's doing it horribly. Braun did everything the right way, first pitch was clearly not a strike, shakes his head and says something while looking way so not to 'show him up'. Next pitch is even further low and outside and he calls it a strike out of spite. These umps should be reprimanded for things like that, the first one can just be chalked up to missing a call, it happens. To call the next one just to spite the hitter is BS. Then for some reason the general public usually sides with the ump saying player should just grin and bear it.

I am not sure but maybe they need to send Nelson down looks like the kid putting to much pressure on himself.

Nelson was one of our two best starters coming into the game today and will still be one of our two best when he leaves. That's obviously not good but you would start by shipping out Lohse and Garza before Nelson and the chances that some minor league starter out pitches what Nelson provides is pretty small.

yikes.. hope hector is okay.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I think Gomez could probably use a day off. Clear his head.

And not just a regularly scheduled day off, but a day off from playing. Doubt that will happen this weekend. He seems lost at the plate.

I think Gomez could probably use a day off. Clear his head.

And not just a regularly scheduled day off, but a day off from playing. Doubt that will happen this weekend. He seems lost at the plate.

He's not lost. He is just one frustrated player. You can see it in his face and demeanor. I suppose with no Braun or Ramirez he has to be in there.

With the way this season is going I don't get pissed any more when things go like they are today. We aren't playing well and guys are dropping like flies. By the All-Star break Colorado Springs will run out of players while we pilfer that roster.

It's just tough to win when you give up 5 in the first. You usually don't come back from that.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

LAST 7 GAMES

OPP W L SV IP H ER BB KS

4/27 @CIN 0 1 0 2.1 6 7 5 1

5/3 @CHC 0 0 0 6.2 6 2 2 6

5/8 CHC 0 1 0 7.0 5 4 1 11

5/13 CHW 0 1 0 6.2 8 4 2 3

5/19 @DET 1 0 0 8.0 3 1 4 5

5/24 @ATL 0 1 0 5.2 5 2 5 4

5/29 ARI 0 0 0 6.0 7 4 0 8

Complete Game Log

Last 7 games here, 25 yr old in his rookie year playing on a crap team and has been our best pitcher. Send him down? Cmon, give people time to improve and learn. Has a sub 4 era and has kind of been the definition of average. Even Kershaw struggled when he first came up (yea he was 20), can't just be jerking people around like that.

These roster moves are all about keeping 24 or 25 guys on the field. The original plan was to keep Wagner despite his less than stellar showing. And Cravy definitely earned another start. But when you're struggling to keep bodies on the field and you're able to bring up a fifth starter only on the days he's needed, that's what you do.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived