Brewer Fanatic

Brewers claim Hernán Pérez off Waivers from Tigers. DFA Elián Herrera

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hernan Perez is 24 years old and has a .149 OPS (that is not a typo) in MLB ball this season

He hit .287/.331 in AAA ball in 2014. He can play every infield position and has mostly been a SS. He is 6'1" 185, bats right, throws right and is from Venezuela

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I'm not clear as to why Perez would be considered better than Herrera, other than being 6 years younger. I suppose it doesn't matter tremendously but Herrera is a far superior hitter

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/herreel01.shtml

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Perez is 6 years younger than Herrera. Herrera's expendable. Don't think this the last flyer they'll take this season trying to find a hidden gem or two. Anyone know if Perez has any options left?

I think right now this makes Hector Gomez/Jason Rogers tandem the backup corner OF.

If he arrives mid-game, I hope they do his entrance into the stadium in a Mench-ian fashion.

I'm not sure which was worse at that time: watching Mench arrive at the ballpark and thinking how disappointed I was that this guy was suppose to help replace some of the offense that was going to be missing with the Carlos Lee trade, OR listening to Daron Sutton over-hype someone that even casual fans knew was nothing more than a 4th OF/RH bat off the bench. The real return was Francisco Cordero, but that didn't stop Sutton from going over-the-top (something he excelled at) with his Mench-love that evening.

Season saved!

The phrase "rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic" comes to mind.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

If he arrives mid-game, I hope they do his entrance into the stadium in a Mench-ian fashion.

I'm not sure which was worse at that time: watching Mench arrive at the ballpark and thinking how disappointed I was that this guy was suppose to help replace some of the offense that was going to be missing with the Carlos Lee trade, OR listening to Daron Sutton over-hype someone that even casual fans knew was nothing more than a 4th OF/RH bat off the bench. The real return was Francisco Cordero, but that didn't stop Sutton from going over-the-top (something he excelled at) with his Mench-love that evening.

Kind of wish I had access to FS Wisconsin during that trade because I would've loved to hear this.

Hernan Perez is 24 years old and has a .149 OPS (that is not a typo) in MLB ball this season

guys, were talking Craig Counsell numbers here! Little do we know, but we may have a future MLB Manager on our hands!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I think this falls in the category of; if all things are equal go with the younger guy. While they may not be totally equal, the position the team is in probably shifts the scale enough to see the logic.

On a side note am I the only one who feels bad for guys like Herrera when this happens? I really pull for those fringe guys to make it. At least make it long enough to be considered legit major league players.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Guess it's a move with the future in mind. Though I can only think of it as garbage in, garbage out. In three years, Herrera wouldn't have been around and contributing, unless we still stink. There's an almost 2% chance this guy will be.

Archived