Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-31 Diamondbacks (Anderson) at Brewers (Wagner), 1:10 PM CDT -- RHP Tyler Wagner makes MLB debut [Brewers win, 7-6, 17 innings; Garza pitches 5 scoreless innings to earn win]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So i get that Braun is one of the "big bats" but why not have him take a bunt and advance Segura? Is he above bunting? The philosophy of this team baffles me sometimes.

If they were going to bunt it would have been Parra. They wanted Braun to bat...not Rogers and assorted spare parts. Didn't work...not that the spare parts did anything afterwards.

Why even pitch to Maldonado with Lohse on deck?

Crazy risk there. Yah Lohse isn't a sure out, but Maldonado has been hitting the ball well today. Would have looked incredibly dumb if he banged one over the fence.

My only thought is maybe they thought as long as he doesn't hit a homer they can still get Lohse easily and if they get Maldonado out the next inning leads off with the pitcher. Calculated risk.

Can Counsell toss a few innings of relief tomorrow?

Well it is the Cardinals so we will be getting crushed quite early. I would almost bet a position player pitches tomorrow. The chances are good.

Tyler Cravy is scheduled to pitch tomorrow. Do they send down Goforth and bring up Cravy? Blazek hasn't pitched (yet) today, so I'm guessing he's the piggy-back if Cravy (or whomever) short-starts.

With Smith due to be suspended tomorrow (he said he's appealing the length, not being suspended, so I'm assuming he will be suspended) I think you have to call up a starter because they will be short one pitcher. They have a spot on the 40-man. That or they claim Eric Stultz.

Kevin Correia declared free agency from the Giants AAA team. Was pitching pretty well for them. Might be worth a shot to see if he has anything left in the tank. If he can return to his 2013 form they might be able to flip him for a low-level prospect.

I am really sad (listening on radio here) it seems the players have decided to not work any counts. It is swing and foul or swing a miss to almost every pitch. Why oh why not make the other guy work only a little. If the guy is throwing 90% strikes, fine. But I doubt that.

They'll just move everyone up a day. Doesn't do much for a tired staff and no real MiLB candidates on the 40-man to exchange in a relief role. [sarcasm]Suppose with Lucroy back we can send Maldy to the pen.[/sarcasm]

Dont think sending Goforth down and calling up Cravy to start is an option. You have to be up for ten days before being sent back down.

The reverse actually - optioned players must remain down for ten days before being recalled.

Archived