Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-29 Diamondbacks (De La Rosa) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/diamondbacks.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 29 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Diamondbacks (21-25)

Brewers (16-32)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]diamondbacks-2015_delarosa-rubby.jpgbrewers-2015_nelson-jimmy4.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Rubby De La Rosa[/pitcher][h2]4-2, 4.27 ERA, 1.10 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]De La Rosa has had both outstanding and so-so starts in his last six games. It seems one inning or stretch of hitters often trips him up. Last time out against the Cubs, all four of his runs allowed were in the fifth.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]2-5, 3.67 ERA, 1.17 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Diamondbacks | Game Log[/h3][h3]The 6-6, 245-pound right hander continues to come up big for Milwaukee. He’s allowed three runs across his last two outings (for a 1.97 ERA in 13 2/3 innings) and has lasted into the sixth in his past five starts and seven of nine on the year.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Ender Inciarte (L)
  2. CF A.J. Pollock ®
  3. 1B Paul Goldschmidt ®
  4. LF David Peralta (L)
  5. 3B Yasmany Tomás ®
  6. C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (S)
  7. 2B Chris Owings ®
  8. SS Nick Ahmed ®
  9. RHP Rubby De La Rosa ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  2. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. SS Jean Segura ®
  7. C Juan Centeno (L)
  8. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®
  9. 2B Luis Sardiñas (S)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Segura set to return in Brewers' series opener vs. D-backs

By Adam McCalvy / MLB.com | 5/27/2015 8:11 PM ET

MILWAUKEE -- Brewers shortstop Jean Segura is expected back from the 15-day disabled list for Friday's series opener against the Arizona Diamondbacks at Miller Park.

It was a minimum DL stint for Segura, who reluctantly accepted the assignment after suffering a fracture in the joint of his finger on a slide into third base on May 12. He pleaded with club officials to allow him to play through the injury, but was convinced that doing so could risk a more serious injury, and a long-term absence.

He will return to action without a Minor League rehab assignment.

"I'll be able to do it," Segura said. "I've been taking some swings in the cage and it's OK."

Asked whether his finger was fully healed, he said, "I think it's good enough."

Things to know about this game

• Brewers right-hander Jimmy Nelson opposes D-backs righty Rubby De La Rosa, who has pitched parts of five seasons in the Major Leagues but never faced Milwaukee. Likewise, Nelson has never pitched against Arizona.

• With Segura back at shortstop, Brewers manager Craig Counsell has three players available to cover second base: Luis Sardinas, Hector Gomez and Elian Herrera. Asked whether one of those players would handle the bulk of starts at that position, Counsell said, "I think Luis will see some time at second base for sure. He's going to play some second base, I'll tell you that.

"On an everyday basis, I don't know. But he's going to play some second base. He's been primarily a shortstop, but he's played second base in the big leagues; he played second base last year with Texas. It's a little new to him, but I think he'll be fine doing it."

• Arizona infielder Aaron Hill has a knack for hitting the Brewers. He's a .372 career hitter with a .991 OPS against them, including .472 with a 1.043 OPS in eight games at Miller Park. On June 29, 2012, Hill hit for the cycle in Milwaukee.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Huh, for the first time in forever, the Brewers broadcast is NOT blacked out here in Arizona. I usually have to fire up Uecker in MLB Audio or live with the DBack guys.

Did they get rid of some blackout rules? Or is someone at Directv asleep at the switch?

Edit (25 minutes later or so): Yep, there it goes. Option 2 was the correct answer. Here comes Uecker!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Broxton really show cased his trade value there. $9 mill for the year. Hooray.

Doug and Mark are GEEEEENIUSES at picking the expensive, ageing, retirement bound, still breathing ball players. At least they make sure they are still breathing, and in the 1990s they were superstars.

Silver lining.... 5 runs gets me 3 free Taco Bell tacos tomorrow.

[sarcasm]Do you have to eat them?[/sarcasm]

Nope. I have never participated in one of those promos before. Besides, Ive got a couple ribeyes dry aging at home waiting to be cooked tomorrow

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Getting really tired of Gomez and his "aggression" after taking crappy at bats. Bro you're on a 16 and 32 team, maybe you should spend some more time working on your craft instead of hacking away at stuff my 4 year old wouldn't even swing at.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Broxtoned

I was totally fine with canning Roenicke, but the team is just as bad with a different manager. Counsell has the same crappy bullpen options to choose from as Running Ron did and the same mediocre at best positional player options to choose from.

By the way, the proper nomenclature for Broxton is Broxy. Both Roenicke and Counsell do the whole adding a Y/ie to the last name of players. It must be a requirement for becoming a manager of the Milwaukee Brewers given Yost, Macha, Roenicke, and now Counsell does it. My memory is to bad though to remember if Lopes also did it.

For what he's shown this year, bringing Broxton into a tie game should never even enter your mind. If there is anybody alive in the bullpen who can chuck a baseball, he should get in before Broxton. Unless you're playing for the #1 draft pick, in which case, carry on and keep up the outstanding work.

For what he's shown this year, bringing Broxton into a tie game should never even enter your mind. If there is anybody alive in the bullpen who can chuck a baseball, he should get in before Broxton. Unless you're playing for the #1 draft pick, in which case, carry on and keep up the outstanding work.

I'm not trying to defend Counsell, but besides Jeffress, Blazek, and K-Rod, there aren't exactly a bunch of reliable options.

Blazek needed rest. Jeffress already pitched. Cotts has been terrible. I'm trying to figure out how Kintzler is still collecting a big league check. I guess Smith could have been used. Either way, when a bullpen sucks as this one does, there simply are going to be a lot of games where the manager has to decide between what best of bad options should i choose from right now.

If you had a choice between say Broxton, Cotts, or Kintzler, you may as well just flip a coin and cross your fingers because all three suck. Using K-Rod would make sense if say Goldschmidt was due up in the 8th, but he wasn't.

The odd thing with Broxton is his velocity is up to the highest since we traded for him and right up there with his days with the Dodgers. Just goes to show how important command is. Throwing 96 doesn't matter if a hitter knows that is coming because a pitcher can't command his secondary stuff.

Just noticed, even Kintzler wasn't an option. 15 day DL, left patella tendonitis, retroactive to 5/28. The article on mlb basically has CC stating that he'll be going with somebody else for the 8th after this one. Broxton has a BA against of .324

Archived