Brewer Fanatic

Lind to Cardinals?

Now that Matt Adams is out for an extended timeframe (3-4 months) it makes 100% sense to propose an Adam Lind to the Cards trade. Taking off the Brewers tinted glasses that are clouded with hatred for the Cardinals what would you guys think would be a fair deal?

Adam Lind to St. Louis for Luke Weaver?

Adam Lind to St. Louis for Rob Kaminsky?

Is that too "pie in the sky"?

Rip away...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I was going to say that Adams will be back next year, but Lind only has a $500K buyout. Trade him to the Cards, have the Cards buy him out, sign him as a free agent again in the offseason and trade him again next season for another prospect. Seems to work with K-Rod.

In all seriousness, with Adams only being 26 and hitting his first year of Arby's it does diminish Lind's value a bit as they would only be looking at a one-year rental. But with Hayward sucking wind (wasn't he supposed to be all-world by now?), Jay sucking wind and on the DL, and Holliday a defensive liability, maybe Parra has value to them too.

Lind + Parra would certainly get one of those two plus another lower-level prospect.

With Morneau out with concussion symptoms again, I doubt he's jumping to the top of anyone's potential trade lists right now.

I'm sure you're right, if that continues, for the moment, the Cardinals say they're going to wait before they make a move. Lind should have appeal to them, especially if they can platoon him with Reynolds....OH, the irony!

I'd be thrilled with Rob Kaminsky who profiles like a #3 at this point, I was impressed with him last year, I saw him pitch against the T-Rats twice in person and we put the gun the on him both times. Topped out at 93, around the plate consistently, had a nice curve ball, and averagish change (he only threw a hand full but it was decent).

That might be setting the bar a bit high for Lind but who knows, the Cards are a hard organization to figure when it comes to player moves. Their draft strategy is easy to get inside, their player moves, not so much.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

It makes sense to want to replace Adams. But, there's the fact St. Louis has the best record in Baseball at the moment and are up 5.5games on the Cubs in the division. If Adams indeed is a 3-4month out prognosis, he'd be back in time for September. It's not like Adams was a reason for the team's start, he's posted worse numbers including BA of all things than Mark Reynolds.

Oh, and lets not forget Cardinal Luck. Travis Ishikawa was just DFA'd. An easy experienced Platoon bat to pick up on waivers. If no one else in the NL tries to claim him. Hey Brewers Front office....Claim him, DFA Kintzler and you now have your Lefty 1b bat for when you trade Lind!

Watch this FO fail and the Cardinals claim Ishikawa.

Lind's May struggles: .187/.299/.360 sort of dampens his value. That's not to say the Cards wouldn't have interest though.

Tim Cooney perhaps?

well they did trade Axford at his low point in his career for Blazek, who has turned out to be a pretty alright arm. I am not too worked about Lind's struggles in May

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Id love to see a Weaver + Sierra package. Young guys with serious upside. The Cardinal farm system doesn't scream greatness these days other than Gonzales and Reyes.

Id have to think Reyes, Gonzales, and even Kaminsky wouldn't be on the table?

I'd like the Brewers to get something of value for Lind, but I would also like to see the Cardinals suffer through Mark Reynolds playing everyday. Tough call.

Yeah the Cardinals injury list is growing to the point it's quite possible they'll come back down to earth rather abruptly. They were already playing a bit over their heads as it was. Brewers picked a bad time to further bury themselves by losing 5 in a row, the one thing they couldn't afford to do while waiting to get Lucroy back. If they were say 19-29 now, you could make a case for them crawling back into it with a healthy lineup, but now they are back down to .333 and more games are off the schedule. It would take a monumental rebound now. Peralta going to the sidelines doesn't help. I would feel better letting Lind go if they had an obvious candidate to play 1B. Yeah Matt Clark, ok. See what he can do for half a season. Would anyone be shocked if after Scott Boras can't find a buyer for Chris Davis, that he calls Attanasio and the Brewers end up with both Khris and Chris Davis?

Besides who's the big beneficiary if the Cards start to slide? That's right, the Cubs. Might be worth dealing Lind to Cards just to keep those annoying Cub fans in misery a bit longer.

Verified Member
Lind is an upgrade for Matt Adams, but they can keep Adams for cheap next season, and since St. Louis has no DH and neither Adams nor Lind should play anywhere but 1B, it makes it hard for them to pick up his option next season. I think a team that could use Lind in 2015 and 2016 might be willing to give up more.

Lind is an upgrade for Matt Adams, but they can keep Adams for cheap next season, and since St. Louis has no DH and neither Adams nor Lind should play anywhere but 1B, it makes it hard for them to pick up his option next season. I think a team that could use Lind in 2015 and 2016 might be willing to give up more.

The Brewers can always trade for him back at the end of the season, I just hope the rental price is steep. We can trade Lind for a good prospect and a player to be named later (Lind). only half blue

Like Roderick is suggesting. Cardinals trade for Lind. Pick up his option like we did Gallardo and trade him in off-season. They stand to get even more back in trade should Lind perform well.

But like I said. There's Travis Ishikawa on DFA to be claimed. I'd go that route if I'm them and give up nobody for likely much the same kind of bat Adams has slowly been becoming.

Archived