Brewer Fanatic

Any chance Braun gets picked for the All Star Game?

bork
Braun never mentioned the courier by name. He just pointed out that there were issues with the sequence of the handling of the sample and yeah that involved the courier. That's basically what got him off so it was worth mentioning in his defense though he was lying about being clean. It was the media that published the guy's name and Braun got blamed for that because they like to pile on.

Braun never mentioned the courier by name. He just pointed out that there were issues with the sequence of the handling of the sample and yeah that involved the courier. That's basically what got him off so it was worth mentioning in his defense though he was lying about being clean. It was the media that published the guy's name and Braun got blamed for that because they like to pile on.

True...BUT...He DID lie, and he did pull that law and order work around I have expensive lawyers and you don't angle. The public loves to tear down big shots and surrounding yourself with lawyers instead of aw shucks I'll take my medicine was a gross mistake.

At the end of the day, the guy has 9 digits coming to him so I suppose cheating, lying, and lawyering up was a winning strategy.

I am a big golfer. You don't cheat in golf. If you do, and I mean little things, and are caught, its over. I suppose that is why Im so tough on Braun. I don't support the "everyone does it" POV. But that is clearly just me.

I was always interested in how seamlessly, and quietly, and 'no body cares'ly Peralta slotted into the Cards roster.

I guess there is a 'right way' to sign, and play, and look the other way, re a past PED user.

In fact, is it only Braun who is the devil? If there was an all PED team on the field, would only Braun be boo'ed?

When St. Louis played in Milwaukee earlier this year we were sitting in a sea of Cardinals fans. There was, however, one obnoxious, very drunk Brewer fan. About halfway through the game he went on a very loud, yet well thought out rant directed at the Cardinals fans questioning how they can cheer for Peralta but boo Braun. It was a thing of beauty.

I dont know if there is a group of fans I hate more than them.

he lied because his appeal case was based on him not having used and the mishandling of the cup o urine. had he not won his appeal I doubt he would have lied, but, he won, and had to continue with the story because of it. If he came out after he won his appeal that he had infact used, he would have been suspended immediately, and probably longer than the 50-game suspension he was looking at in the first place.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Exactly, how can he not lie in that situation after winning the appeal. The only other route would be to just not say anything, and with the media firestorm that wasn't really an option. Yes he probably should have been a little less boisterous in his lie, but he understandably was trying fix his image, not thinking MLB would go way out of their way to bust people who never failed a test in the biogen scandal (using basically illegal tactics themselves). Hindsight, I bet he just wishes he said "thanks for the support everyone, the appeals process has worked its course and I'm glad to be playing". If he'd done that everyone would have hammered him at the time for not giving an explanation though.

Again, every person busted has lied in their denial initially until they couldn't anymore.

I just hope he keeps hitting and this story will get further in the distance so we don't have to hear this over and over about some minor PEDs. Anybody seen Matt Kemp stats since 2011? I think it's pretty obvious he was doing the same thing and that's why he never came out against braun for winning his MVP.

and lets not forget, no one was supposed to know about the failed test or the appeal in the first place. so had the privacy of player medical information been kept, the only time anyone would have known about Braun would have been when the Biogenesis case busted open... but what do you expect from a group who report under the umbrella of "outside the lines". just staying true to their name, I guess

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If Lucroy comes back soon and mashes I think he'd be the guy.

I'd pick a lot of guys over Lucroy...no way he makes it with only one good month. Even if he mashes his stats will be pretty lackluster.

Maybe. I guess it depends on how one view all stars. I don't think it is about who is having the best start to a season. It always seemed silly to me to rate guys like that. It's as though an entire half, arguably the most important half no less, of a season doesn't count doing it that way. It is, or at least should be, about who is the star of the team. Lucroy is most definitely that for the Brewers injured or not.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I know we had a thread about it, but it is not the PED use for Braun...it is 100% how he handled the situation IMO and I think in opinions of others. We all know this country is very forgiving...

Anyways...so is the K-Rod deal that bad of a signing so far? I just ask because I know a lot of people hated the signing (not sure if it was more because it seemed like a move Mark did, K-Rod's off field past, etc).

I wish baseball would get rid of the requirement that one player must make the roster. I think based on Braun's numbers so far he should get in...so I'm not knocking on him (or K-Rod for that matter) getting in. I just think in general not every team needs/deserves an All-Star if they really don't have someone playing at the level of an All-Star.

I'd go with this as likelyhood:

1. Ryan Braun(All Star)

2. Fransisco Rodriguez(All Star)

3.Carlos Gomez

I think Ryan Braun will keep up the good hitting making him the main choice and I think K Rod has a pretty good chance so far too. Would not be surprised to see Gomez get hot and have a chance.

I am as big a Brewers fan as there possibly is but I don't think there is any way whatsoever that this team will have, or deserves to have, two all-stars.

Why not? It is an individual accomplishment. I was being pretty positive thinking when I listed K-Rod as a All Star, but even so if he dominates and is up there with the big names his teams record will mean nothing.

Its a popularity contest

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I wish baseball would get rid of the requirement that one player must make the roster. I think based on Braun's numbers so far he should get in...so I'm not knocking on him (or K-Rod for that matter) getting in. I just think in general not every team needs/deserves an All-Star if they really don't have someone playing at the level of an All-Star.

I'll always be cool with the one per team requirement because it was the only way I got to see a Brewer in the All-Star game through most of my childhood. Of course, a few times the guy never got to play, but I still loved seeing him introduced for some reason.

I'll always be cool with the one per team requirement because it was the only way I got to see a Brewer in the All-Star game through most of my childhood. Of course, a few times the guy never got to play, but I still loved seeing him introduced for some reason.

It also gave Rickie Bones something to tell his kids.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I did love that as well, but when Bones makes it for example that is silly. I feel like when I was growing up (I'm early 30s) I was always excited when Brewers that weren't really on the radar that were good actually made it. Are players still under the radar in this day and age?

Difficult to seperate though since the whole premise of the topic is will he be blacklisted because of PEDs and his lies

I agree with this. I don't think there would be this thread if he didn't do PEDs, etc. He'd be close to a lock to be in.

Archived