Brewer Fanatic

Any chance Braun gets picked for the All Star Game?

bork
Verified Member

If Braun continues to mash over the next month or so and ends up as the clear-cut best player on the Brewers, is there any chance he gets selected as an all star reserve or is he blacklisted?

The only other option would seem to be KRod at this point, but he may not even be in the top 10 for saves in the NL.

Nelson Cruz has made it the last two years, David Ortiz has made several and is all over the TV at them when he does. No reason Braun shouldn't be in. Especially with there being no real options on the team right now. Just have him be a reserve, one AB and get him out to avoid much attention.

If Lucroy comes back soon and mashes I think he'd be the guy.

I'd pick a lot of guys over Lucroy...no way he makes it with only one good month. Even if he mashes his stats will be pretty lackluster.

I'd go with this as likelyhood:

1. Ryan Braun(All Star)

2. Fransisco Rodriguez(All Star)

3.Carlos Gomez

I think Ryan Braun will keep up the good hitting making him the main choice and I think K Rod has a pretty good chance so far too. Would not be surprised to see Gomez get hot and have a chance.

The whole Braun saga is a bigger deal locally than it is nationally.

Pretty much. I went to one of the Braves games and there were certainly boos, but the effort was lackluster. I think the combination of his suspension getting further in the rear-view and year-plus struggles with his thumb have led to people just basically ignoring him for the most part. He's been totally out of the spotlight for a while now.

I kinda disagree. look at the comments on any article that so much as mentions ryan or the brewers on every baseball website and you will still see how big of a deal it is among baseball fans.

I kinda disagree. look at the comments on any article that so much as mentions ryan or the brewers on every baseball website and you will still see how big of a deal it is among baseball fans.

Sports websites have horribly negative comment sections. That and when it comes to Ryan Braun articles who is motivated to comment? The Braun haters are.

Really isn't that big of a deal. No team's fans will care if they acquire an MVP caliber player. None.

I was always interested in how seamlessly, and quietly, and 'no body cares'ly Peralta slotted into the Cards roster.

I guess there is a 'right way' to sign, and play, and look the other way, re a past PED user.

In fact, is it only Braun who is the devil? If there was an all PED team on the field, would only Braun be boo'ed?

I'd go with this as likelyhood:

1. Ryan Braun(All Star)

2. Fransisco Rodriguez(All Star)

3.Carlos Gomez

I think Ryan Braun will keep up the good hitting making him the main choice and I think K Rod has a pretty good chance so far too. Would not be surprised to see Gomez get hot and have a chance.

I am as big a Brewers fan as there possibly is but I don't think there is any way whatsoever that this team will have, or deserves to have, two all-stars.

Community Moderator

Yep. Obviously he's going to get booed, but nobody really cares. Is Nelson Cruz going to miss the ASG also?

I was always interested in how seamlessly, and quietly, and 'no body cares'ly Peralta slotted into the Cards roster.

I guess there is a 'right way' to sign, and play, and look the other way, re a past PED user.

In fact, is it only Braun who is the devil? If there was an all PED team on the field, would only Braun be boo'ed?

Braun is booed because he lied about it so much before having to admit his sins.

If he keeps hitting like this and keeps his head down the booing will disappear. It seems to be dying down already.

Braun is booed because he lied about it so much before having to admit his sins.

If he keeps hitting like this and keeps his head down the booing will disappear. It seems to be dying down already.

Agreed. If he keeps hitting and doesn't say a word he will be OK.

I doubt the ASG decision will be turning him down due to PEDs. He is clearly the most deserving. KRod has been OK, maybe think outside the box and go Blazek. Other than that, the team is 16-32, so do the math for the ASG selection.

Had he played in NY during the throwing the courier under the bus, he would have been in ARoid villain territory.

Have to remember the courier did massively mess up his job and it wouldn't surprise me at all if his mishaps led to the freakishly high tests that day, I don't want to go into all the details that came out back then but for those who read everything it wouldn't be surprising. Everyone who's been caught has lied, he just did it on a bigger stage because he's an MVP level player. People that boo or write stuff on comments sections are just haters, almost no one under 35 truly cares, it's just something to heckle about, and any road team fan that boos should be booing one of the several users on his own team too.

Have to remember the courier did massively mess up his job and it wouldn't surprise me at all if his mishaps led to the freakishly high tests that day, I don't want to go into all the details that came out back then but for those who read everything it wouldn't be surprising. Everyone who's been caught has lied, he just did it on a bigger stage because he's an MVP level player. People that boo or write stuff on comments sections are just haters, almost no one under 35 truly cares, it's just something to heckle about, and any road team fan that boos should be booing one of the several users on his own team too.

Thats fine, though i dont share these opinions, I cant say you are wrong.

I can say that had Braun behaved more like Cruz, this would have been pretty much gone by now.

Back on topic, I still dont think it will affect his ASG selection just because he is so far above anyone else for us. However, if there was a choice, Braun wouldn't go because ASG is not supposed to be about boing on that stage.

When St. Louis played in Milwaukee earlier this year we were sitting in a sea of Cardinals fans. There was, however, one obnoxious, very drunk Brewer fan. About halfway through the game he went on a very loud, yet well thought out rant directed at the Cardinals fans questioning how they can cheer for Peralta but boo Braun. It was a thing of beauty.

Pro tip: never read the comments after an article on most websites.

I get it, people like Cruz/Peralta were able to fly under the radar, Braun was put on the spot because he was a much bigger star and now looks a fool.

I was at a STL at MKE game last year too, surrounded by Cards fans. At the beginning of the game I told my friend that I guarantee someone around will go on a rant about Braun, yet they have Peralta and had Larussa and Mcguire. First AB a middle aged woman started whining about how much she hates him because he's a cheater and a liar. We just started laughing.

I've always though the whole hatred of Braun for lying was hilarious. Shouldn't the vitriol come from the fact that he did something that is against the rules?

Maybe I would've been a little more key about it, but I guaranteed I TOTALLY would've lied, too. He and his legal team found a legitimate problem with the testing process that they truly believed could exonerate him. OBVIOUSLY he's not going to admit to doing anything wrong while he still has a chance to win his appeal. OF COURSE he's going to "throw the tester under the bus" because hey, the tester screwed up. We all would've lied our asses off, too.

The unfortunate thing for Braun as far as his public image goes is that the failed test was leaked (pun intended). Because of that, he had to go on the offensive publicly, which led to the maybe over-zealous lying, which led to this weird hatred of him for that.

But back to the topic, yeah, if Braun keeps hitting well, he'll be picked for the All-Star team by the manager. If we had another very deserving player, maybe he wouldn't, but if things keep going how they are, he'll be the selection.

Archived